1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: Intel Ivy Bridge launch delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 2 Sep 2011.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

3D Tri-Gate transistors is the most interesting part...potentially it'll make the chips much more efficient...which should mean a lot less heat....which should mean a much better OC potential (as if SB didn't have enough already!).

Speculation at this point, but intel do seem to be getting more over-clock friendly with each generation.

2. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

It's there in the site's name, and it's very clear where Demerjian's alliegences lie, but semiaccurate's rumours don't tend to be any more unreliable than average for the internet...

3. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

indeed i cant wait for IB should massacre my current ppd on my i7 970 :D :D

4. SeñorTasty

SeñorTasty What's a Dremel?

Never enough. MOAR OC REQUIRED!!

5. atlas

atlas What's a Dremel?

I'm a little disappointed I've been waiting to upgrade from my overclocked Q6600. Was really looking forward to 6 cores with HT.

6. Senilex

Senilex Not a Troll. Honest.

Semi Accurate has produced more trusted noteworthy journalism than this site could ever dream off. I know Charlie can rant sometimes, but he can produce some excellent investigative journalism. He always seems to get some decent news first (most of time it turns out to be true) and just not copy what every other tech site reports.

7. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Need new stuff to come out sooner rather than later. Everyone has said wait but my overclocked E6400 is very leggy now in newer games.

8. CampGareth

CampGareth What's a Dremel?

Damn, I'm gonna get a new laptop after next summer's exams and while I'm satisfied with a sandybridge laptop (heck, cheapest quad core chip beats my aging desktop) and an Nvidia GPU once again coming close to my desktop, I was hoping to get an ivybridge equipped model just so it's a bit more future-proof. Looks unlikely with this time scale as I'd be getting a refurb in late june. Just hope Dell update their ranges quickly : /

9. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

bulldozer apu's are gonna steal the show

10. Zendax

Zendax What's a Dremel?

Really, unless Bulldozer knocks it out of the park (it won't) there's no need for Intel to rush Ivy Bridge out of the gate. While everyone always wants faster and more efficient processors, the current Sandy Bridge lineup still has a lot of life left in it.

As far as Intel's concerned, Bulldozer will at worst convince them to drop the price a bit on a few of their existing chips, because if AMD is going to compete anywhere it's going to be on price.

11. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

12. Anneon

Anneon What's a Dremel?

Yup lack of competition I rekon

13. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Good things take time

14. law99

law99 Custom User Title

It may have something to do with BD. They could capitilize more on the months that they have leading for a start. Then force prices down on the new amd range, and they';; sell more because of it also.

It could be a ploy to keep AMD competitive. There is no point smashing them out the ball park constantly as they'll end up forcing their competitors out of business and be left with a monopoly, which people aren't to fond of.

15. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Thye article on semi-accurate seems to me to be bob on. Besides, who ahve they got to compete with with the next gen? AMD are just catching up to the current Gen.....

16. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

For those saying 'Why do we need Ivy Bridge?', I have a Sandy Bridge laptop (quad core 2.2GHz) and that runs hot. Hot as in uncomfortable legs hot.

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Putting a laptop on your legs, which are in themselves a heatsource, is not wise as that 37C of body heat transmits fairly effectively into the laptop. No laptop of any great power runs cool.

18. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

Semiaccurate is called that for a reason. When you make up stuff you are bound to get lucky and be right once in a while.

19. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Wasn't it originally supposed to be released in March? I thought the early 2012 release was just being hopeful and the late 2011 release was just wishful thinking.

20. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

laptops get hot, thats what they do, all that power in so little space to col it down think about it.
    ive owned a celeron lappie in the past that got hot its just what laptops do.

yes sir you are correct

Tags: Add Tags