1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

If they nerf the flash light a little I will be happy

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

From Demize99's (Core Gameplay Designer @ DICE) twitter feed:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Next patch - Sooner rather than later, hopefully.

murraynt likes this.
  4. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Ohh nice one. Thanks for that!

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Nov 2011
  5. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Nerf the IRNV, increase the SCAR-H damage and add an in game browser and i'll be a happy bunny.

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I've run around with the DAO-12 some more, as well as a bit with the M1014. I've determined that there is absolutely no place for shotguns in this game.

It's not necessarily because the shotguns are bad by themselves, though the close range damage does seem to be on the low end for a shotgun. They just exist in a game where the PDWs and ARs are just as effective, if not more so, at close range as a shotgun and have the added utility of being usable at any range, where-as a shotgun becomes useless at anything less than 10 feet.

Most of the maps in this game don't facilitate close range encounters, and even in a close range encounter a shotgun user has to hope that the first shot kills when all the other player has to do is spray and pray.

Frag rounds are particularly useless. I spawned in the stairwell in the narrow passage area of Seine and there was an enemy standing at the top of the stairs looking in the opposite direction out towards the back streets flag. I had frag rounds loaded. I fired a single shot from my DAO-12 from point-blank range right into center mass and the guy LIVED. His buddy then came around the corner and killed me.

I understand the frag rounds are supposed to do less damage than the buckshot, but that was laughable.

IMO shotguns need to have their round grouping tightened up so they are more effective at range and they need a decent damage bump to make them worth using.

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Play hardcore if you want to use shotguns without raging. The frag rounds are funny as hell, if you shoot someone center mass within 10-20 meter they literally fly back a good meter. Buckshot is great for indoor metro, frag for long range. I have slugs unlocked by frags are too funny not to use.

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

theyr actually gonna nerf SCAR-H a little bit for medium range. its the only carbine that outshines assault rifles (but on par with G3).

did a couple round of TDM just now. can't say i dont enjoy it, but lets just say if u feel a little CoD.... thats the way to go.

super fast action, twitch reflex, and a boost of adrenaline is what it is. and nothing else. no teamwork. no tk. maps are SMALL. and points are HIGH. spm will shoot through the roof if u got the twitch to do it.

i OWN with PKP, but i really wanted to hit 500kill with UMP-45. so i did half n half and boy, i cant wait until they buff PDW.......

ill try SquadDM tomorrow and SquadRush.... need to ribbon for my collection :D

(gawd how am i gonna get 7 air vehicle kills :duh:)

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I like TDM a lot, it almost feels like boosting. Most of the time I get a good K/D, a high SPM and almost never lose so a high W/L ratio.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Had some laugh last night playing grand Bazaar with the 870 and Frag rounds. Literally clearing streets of personnel by pumping round after round at peoples feet and sending them flying.
    Someone hiding around a corner? No problem, 3 rounds into the ground in front of their face, sorted.

Got the DAO-12 last night, chuffed. I did say that I would earn it and not get it through PWP or any such nonsense :D Got all the unlocks for the SG553, it's such a lovely carbine, though anything past 150m and you better be on single-shot or you won't hit diddly.

The squadplay is becoming tighter these days and it's really starting to improve the experience.

Another heads up (will put up another shout tomorrow);

ZiiP will close its Forums and Servers from 00:01 to 23:59 on Friday the 11th of November as a mark of respect on Armistice Day. I would urge that others do similar.

Lest we forget.​

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

TDM is certainly fun on the right map with the right set of players. I find it a good play type if you just want to let off some steam without worrying too much about tactics.

I had a couple of good rounds last night with well matched teams and managed to boost my overall score and unlock a number of ribbons in a relatively short space of time.

I am only a level 5 (Lance Corporal Jones Cheesecake) but I am ejoying it so far - once I changed my mouse..... I only manage about an hour and evening due to other commitments but I am getting there :)

Just unlocked the SCAR for my engineer class which seems quite well balanced but overall I prefer the M14A with Foregrip and reflex scope due to its lower recoil.

Hope to see you on the battlefield. :D

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

being a team based game, players should wait for MAV spotting support.

a dug in group should have advantage anyway, a single M249 with IRNV can wipe out a while squad or two of dug in defenders is a joke.

i never hide in bushes (unless i am hurt or flying MAV). the main beef i have with it is that it allows really high visibility of players. no longer can a player be stealthy in the shadows when all you have to do is scan an area using IRNV scope.

it needs to be nerfed so that it can just about make out at medium range.

shotguns are fine IMHO. flechette rounds are the Cheesecake :D but i totally agree that AR and carbines are over powered.

my balancing list:
    • Decrease IRNV range to realistic range, or make it completely blinded by laser and flashlight (as a counter)
    • increase pistol draw speed by a LOT, currently it's same speed as other guns
    • increase sniper rifle CQC damage to 100.
    • decrease accuracy of hip-firing LMG by a LOT, ridiculous able to spray a whole squad down
    • increase shotgun close range damage slightly.
    • make flashlight to be pretty much useless in day time. it's brighter than the sun at the moment.

13. 8 Bit Charlie

8 Bit Charlie What's a Dremel?

Anyone noticed hacks appearing yet? I was playing Metro conquest last night and one guy had glitched under the map and was somehow insta-killing anyone who spawned in the metro building. Last I noticed he was 75-1 before he disappeared off the scoreboard (he was still getting constant kills though). Ruined the game, no mods about either.

14. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Absolute bollocks, the IR scope user will have seen the dot user long, long before sighting speed matters.

And it's not b/c they can't camp, it's because they can't flank, move stealthily, think tactically or sneak because Mr. Derpface has an all seeing eye as he managed to scrape 100 kills. :rolleyes:

More than half the work *before* this piece of **** was added was spotting someone; take that away to appeal to mongs/for coolpoints and that's gone. The IRNV for vehicles is in grey scale, not spotting bright yellow bananas on a green background. Thing is in anywhere but XXXtreme close range, you're at a disadvantage not using it. You may say 'O well yew can ooze it tew' but if the majority of people only use ONE unlock over all the others, it's reasonably obvious that there's something behind that. :duh:

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Your prerogative but everyone has their own way of remembering the war, mine might be a 5 gun salute at point B in Caspian Border or I might change my avatar to a poppy. People who need to know will go to the ZiiP forum and see the above info anyway.

16. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Wrong. MAV's are ridiculously vulnerable and slow. An attacking squad should not have to wait for some recon camped at spawn to float his toy towards the frontlines.

I agree, a dug-in group should have an advantage. They do - they're stationary and able to scan the landscape from a position of strength. If a squad of players cannot find one man with an IR scope and kill him then their problems are bigger than they know.

This is true, it does make camping difficult. On the other hand it is a bulky scope, very bad at extreme CQC and available to most weapons after a few dozen kills. It is a scope specifically designed to **** snipers outdoors and corner huggers indoors, and tbh I have no problem with that.

You don't like assault rifles and carbines therefore they are OP? I think not. ARs are the workhorse of the game, they are the best weapon because they are the most versatile. They do not kill in 1 shot, unlike the bolt-action rifles, they are hard to use at 100m+ (even with single shot). They own at mid-distance, as they should, and are a sensible weapon choice in most situations.

Carbines seem to have lower damage than an AR at range, with a higher ROF.

Sniper rifles are included because people like them, not because they add anything useful to the gameplay.

That's your Christmas list Wuyanxu, not a balance list :p

Edit:

to those who say you can't flank any more because of all the IR users - you're just not doing it right. Move from cover to cover, stay away from the action and use the landscape to your advantage and your flanking will be just as easy as it was before. It works for me..

17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

you obviously have not played on CPC with me :p or have not met a useful MAV pilot.

bad at CQC? tell that to LMG spray and pray people. slap that on M249 and it's a super gun for every situation.

bolt-action rilfes don't kill in 1 shot at all. they are useless at anything other than long distance.

AR are overpowered. why should F2000 kill you in CQC while shotgun only did 50%? they should not win against M26 MASS in short range either, they should also lose to semiauto snipers at mid range.

AR are the jack of all trade gun. shotgun for CQC, carbine for short-mid range, semi-auto rifles for mid-long range, bolt-action for long range.

it IS a much needed balance list for the game that makes it more balanced across classes. if i want it as Christmas list, i'll be asking C4 for recons, motion balls and ditch minigun for jet in favour of auto-cannons.

18. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

And then the person swings their IR scope round, and spots you immediately.

19. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

You can say that again... I had a hellish time trying to shoot down your MAV on the CPC server...

20. Bede

Bede Minimodder

True that :D There is a lot of potential in the MAV, which is why I started levelling up my recon last night, I'll just say that the MAV users I have encountered have been pretty useless.

Tbh if you can get an LMG into a CQC position without dying to a sniper/AR then you deserve the win. They pump out heavy bullets at a high ROF. I haven't had a problem so far with M249 players except when they've been dug in, so I don't know how bad it is.

That's why you should play HC. I did forget about that, sorry.

It pumps out lots of mid-damage bullets very fast. Shotguns need to have the whole shot connect, which makes sense to me as if they could kill you with half the pellets then it would be a very powerful weapon indeed. I was playing with the MK16 MOD 0 yesterday with a 4x scope on, and that was unbeatable at mid-distance on Seine.

My Xmas list would be removal of bolt-action rifles, making infantry invulnerable to rocket launchers and C4 for whoever wants it :D