1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I'd like to think I'm quite good in jets as well :p 50:50 when me against lassar.

But he was amazing, never seen him out of the air, and still managed to be near top in my team.

2. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Anyone else prefer Hardcore. I think its much better

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Just a warning to everyone - seems like servers with increased ticket numbers are not recording to battlelog - neither reports, nor dog tags.

4. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Hoo-ah! Some good games tonight as well with 4llsop, mrdom and dweller and myself in the same squad at around 10.30pm onwards - absolutely dominated points wise on a few maps but often couldn't clinch the win. We did get some +20k scores due to our tank domination though

- dracaXL / Dub

5. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

I both do and don't like hardcore. One you've got the mechanics of the game down, it's actually easier than normal mode. If you can shoot well, a single burst will nearly always take a guy out even at range, compared to normal that takes 2-3. The vehicles are also way more powerful compared to infantry, for instance the tanks main cannon has to hit you almost dead on to kill you normally but in HC it can be a lot further away, same goes for attack helicopter rockets etc. I can rank up weapons etc probably 2x faster on HC than normal mode.

Hardcore on public severs seems to be a cluster **** of team killing though so I'm avoiding it.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Not directed at anyone inparticular, but small tip to all you tank drivers out there; the other guy on your squad is not a get out of jail free card for whenever you want to get careless and gun another tank down. Use some initiative and try actually moving while you fire the main canon. Move your main canon in line with the target as you move. Might make the game more interesting than 'me go to a', 'me shoot tank at a', 'my team mate get out to repair, repair, repair, repair', we got to b', rinse and repeat.

I was probably a bit of a pain in the ass last night so fair play for not wanting to be in my tank :(

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Yeah it's a lot better if you are flying heli's. Those in jets have to work a lot harder to take you down (no switching views to see behind you etc), and those in tanks need to work a lot harder to stay up and running as two rpg's and you grind to a halt. I do enjoy hc a fair bit so hit me up if u wanna go for a few rounds on one of my fave'd servers. Can be a little frustrating with the odd bush wookie but you can usually tell from where you died, and where the person probably was. I got on main tower in firestorm. Wasn't as great as you'd think. You couldn't aim straight down to c, so missed a lot of opportunites. Other stuff at a,b,d was pointless as you stood out a mile away, and unless there was someone on rooftop, you didnt have much chance to take them out. I was using svd/mk11 however so maybe with the sv98, but even so. Nowhere to balance the bipod but the railing, so you're standing up and out like a fly on a toilet bowl. Anyway.

9. faugusztin

@Greg: What i actually hate so much is this situation :
    1) i take the tank, wait for someone at spawn to be the gunner in my tank.
    2) we go out, shoot some enemies (usually at least 2-3 enemy vehicles). Because usually the gunner guy is a idiot, he sits in there and doesn't repair the tank.
    3) Because of that, i (the driver) jump out of the tank to repair MY tank.
    4) in middle of repairing, someone from the squad of the gunner guy spawns in the tank, and steals my tank in middle of repair.
    5) the idiot manages to blow it up in next 20 seconds.

This is a case where he is lucky that i play on servers with defaults (= friendly fire disabled).

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

here here.

i can access it from the office and thats a BAD thing.
    not for me.

coz ive done it without preparing it with anyone. not a jet, was an attack chopper. i was on a jet just to get to the tower in firestorm, and after i jumped out before hitting the parachute, i saw an attack chopper.... hmh.... why not, right? took a couple sniper shot. headshot the pilot. and i thought FAWK YEAH!

then i saw the now empty chopper flying towards me, and hit EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to jump in!

and i did!

and i hit E too many times and i got out again LOL

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.........

:D

i like both. a little bit of teamwork is nice in hardcore. make u think more before running out in the open. way more intense.
    normal is nice when i wanna play battlefield like... yknow, battlefield....

11. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

sorry to be a nazi but that annoys me =D.

On the topic of BF3. I can see why you guys hate the irnv scope. it practically has no zoom. you can see enemies crystal clear at long ranges and it sights as fast the other scopes. I could have sworn the range was not so far when i tried it in the beta.

All DICE needs to do to fix it is reduce the IR range to 40 m, nerf the scoping speed and it should be fine.

Also, has anyone noticed that the american assault trooper is a black man but when you play assault you have white forearms? :hehe::hehe:

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yes i have also noticed this, im pretty sure you keep the points you earned but tags / ribbons etc dont save to battlelog.

The only reason i have been playing servers with large ticket counts is to get ribbons and points.

:miffed:

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Am i right in thinking that increased ticket servers are no longer ranked as of the last patch?

Actually i guess they are, since they record points. But in that case, how do i avoid those servers? Is it the PRESET: Custom filter?

14. faugusztin

I don't know how to identify them yet, most have it their in name, but some don't.

And yes Mr Happy, you keep the points, ranks - but they are not logged to battlelog, and when i got a dog tag for having same medal 5 times i didn't see the dog tag on the battlelog until i played on standard server.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

hear hear :thumb:. someone with some sense and understanding of how small sized IR works. to see the kind of range in BF3, you'd need a large IR camera that is bigger than a M98 and costs a bomb.

btw, Allsop just joined Bit-tech. be sure to welcome him :)

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Hardcore is what Battlefield should be like on normal and yes, HC Mode combined with teamwork = win win :)

17. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Yep, you can count me as someone who does :).

18. Allsopp

Allsopp What's a Dremel?

Problem with HC servers is its a breeding ground for the exploits and hackers so tend to not go on them much

19. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Maybe a little too much. Thought my stats go up at a snails pace. I only get the alloted hour in the evening before the missus gets home. Thats my excuss any way. Had a good few games on the CPC server. Need to get on mumble at some point so I can hear the people screaming at me. :hehe:

Anyone know what the maximum ticket number is on a standard server?

20. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Why did they remove auto squad join in the patch?

Now there's 15 people in my team that aren't even in a squad, morons.