1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New Computer. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bituser, 30 Nov 2011.

1. Bituser

Bituser 64 Gigglebytes

Hi,

I have been working out what computer to build for a few months now. I think I might finally have come to a decision. Please tell me what you think

GPU - Radeon HD 6950
    MOBO - ASUS P8Z68-V LE
    Monitor - DELL U2312HM 23" IPS
    RAM - Kingston Hyperx 8gb (2x4gb) DDr3 1600
    Cooling - Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 13
    Case- Antec Dark Fleet DF-10
    PSU - Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V Modular
    CPU - Intel Core i5 2500k
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda Green 2tb (HDD shortages, this is the best I can find at the moment).

It will be used for Photoshop, Gaming in 1920x1200/1080, Video Encoding and HD Movies.

2. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

Id plump for a ssd something like the crucial 128gb m4 and maybe a gelid or better cooler.

3. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

4. jtek

jtek What's a Dremel?

Micro atx?

I guess it's a good way to save some money and still get a good board, if you won't miss the extra slots.

5. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

Probably one of the best z68 mobos unless you need multi graphics.

6. jtek

jtek What's a Dremel?

I thought they were all pretty much the same these days now that overclocking only involves the multiplier. What are the advantages? I had the p8z68-v pro in mind for my build.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I think you got the wrong monitor, the one you pick can only go to 1920x1080. It can't do 1920x1200. You want the 24inch version, to go to that resolution.

8. Bituser

Bituser 64 Gigglebytes

I was originally going to get 24", but it saves a lot of money to get the 23".

What about the pro version of my motherboard? I couldn't find any differences except price.

@jtek No problem, it matters to me too.

9. Bituser

Bituser 64 Gigglebytes

Bump. I would like to finalize this. Thanks Guys.

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Change the PSU to the HX or AX series. The TX and bellow, are kinda like any other PSU (not the cheap ones, of course). HX are up are quieter, modular, higher quality.
    The AX one are actually Seasonic, which are ridiculous awesome. 90% efficient (the fan won't spin when your computer is idle, due to the low heat.. it's that efficient), and fully modular.

I can't help you with the ASUS board. For Gigabyte board it's easy. "UD#" Where # is a number. Higher the number, the more feature and higher end the motherboard is. If it has a "A" in the name like X58A-UD5, It means it's a newer revision of the X58-UD5, where in this particular model, has the ability to recharge USB device while the system is off, and I think the USB 3.0 controller is different (improved), but I don't recall for sure, from the top of my head. It's kinda like GPU manufacture. It's easy.

ASUS is in my black list, so I don't even look at them. This is because ASUS in north America, RMA service consist if an answering machine, with no one checking the messages.

Case is personal opinion. I like the Fractal Design R3 series, because it's more professional looking, modern looking, sleek, and has everything to help your computer to be quiet.

I don't like Seagate HDD. They are usually loud. I prefer Western Digital or Samsung as second choice. I place Seagate reliability and performance and sound right next to Maxtor.

For the CPU cooler I don't know it. I have to look into it.
    Are you seeking quietness or cooling? (you can't have both).

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Seagate are Maxtor...

12. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

13. Bituser

Bituser 64 Gigglebytes

So the Maximus is actually a decent MOBO? I was looking at it. I will have a flick around with the components and get back to you on a new build after taking everyones ideas into consideration.

EDIT: The Maximus Motherboard doesn't appear to have many PCI-E slots.

14. Bituser

Bituser 64 Gigglebytes