1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cool things for Android

Discussion in 'General' started by Plastic_Manc, 12 Aug 2011.

1. derpooch

derpooch What's a Dremel?

One of the apps that I hold dear is setCPU, if your kernel allows it you can undervolt your CPU, which seems to save no end of power!
    I also seem to use the Amazon app quite often when shopping to check if deals are as good as they look.
    I'd also recommend trying out a few different keyboards (several offer trial versions) at the moment I am using a WP7 keyboard rip-off which I much prefer to stock!

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Sky Go is coming to Android soon.

3. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

I've been playing around with custom roms with my Defy since I got it in January. Currently I've settled on CM7.1 for now but I'm sure something new a shiny will pull me away...

4. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I'm just waiting for all the ICS ROMs :D

5. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

about time!!

i would sky are false advertising they, say watch sky on mobile, but you cant on all mobile's.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

They've been working their asses off trying to get it onto Android. The trouble is the diversification of the platform hardware, and the fact that they are so committed to only putting out the best quality apps they can.

Should be with you in January.

7. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Google music - while its a pain to upload your music, its so nice to have your whole collection on the phone. (if you're outside the US, use tor to sign up, it doesn't check your IP after that.

As a personal blag, if you want a game try Gnarbike Trails ;)

If you use chrome, install mightytext - it forwards all text messages to a chrome browser extension and lets you reply on the computer. The interface is clunky, but the functionallity is amazing :)

For a weather app, Go Weather is the prettiest I've found.