1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i've also noticed that when ECM is active, there is a slight chance that heatseakers will miss even if it's launched before ECM is active. i've seen heatseakers going off near the ECM chaff instead of a direct hit.

not sure about javalin. once javalin have launched on a lased target, can ECM make it miss?

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

@adidan not sure if you have to become the nemesis or you killed other peoples nemisi's

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The issue is that pretty much no one uses it. Just think about it, how often have you battlelog open when you are not waiting to play or playing ? And while you play, you usually don't look at the battlelog web page, right ?

This is the reason battlelog chat is a useless feature :).

4. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

i think i'm still a ways off from that unlock.

I must say that it is really difficult to learn how to fly in this environment (pilots with better gadgets, AA, soflam, etc) and i'm sure it's a nightmare for DICE to balance. The really good heli pilots are almost impossible to shoot down, the most you can do is keep 'em at bay. And jet pilots, well, i don't even bother with them anymore.

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Find a "noob" server and learn to fly there, cap some flags and get some unlocks. You won't get the fire and brimstone lessons that flying without flares would be like but at least you'll have some protection while you learn. I've totally given up on jets, I think I have 3 unlocks for them, but heli's I can fly with some proficiency. I'd still much rather be the gunner

Also, I've been playing a ton of TDM lately, it's a great way to level up guns really quickly. As of right now I have all the unlocks for all the assault rifles except the AN-94 (1 left) and the HK2002 (2 left). I'll be moving onto the engie weapons next. It really teaches you how to use certain weapons in CQC and in mid-range engagements. Knowing how to use the HK2002 in CQC is something that's good to know

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Empty unranked servers = infinite practice time

7. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

Just got someone with a headshot from 350m using a SV standard scope, any good?

8. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Mumble broken from midday

Just in case anyone is having issues....

I can't get it to run, but FYI there seems to be an issue with the updated installer. safest thing may be to just download the updated mumble.exe

<update> reinstalled the old version & copied in the updated .exe, works fine.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2012
  9. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

i used play a bit of tdm but i personally can't stand the random spawn nonsense and no being able to spawn on teammates. It just makes things too chaotic. then you have those cheese strats of medic-only teams who who beat you because everyone revives each other. At any rate, i'm in no rush to unlock stuff.

I know, but they sorta left a bad taste in my mouth since the last few days i have been constantly running into griefers. Guys who rape the spawn and think they are amazing or camp with the soflam + javelin at the base's doorstep.

10. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Yes mate but you don't get a launch tone, so its a when do you fire it game, you know because with the heat seakers you get the extra beep beep when they have fired. With the ECM you can launch as soon as you get lock and it will stop both the laser lock and IR or if the javlin has been launched it will hit the chaff.

I've just started jammin when i get lock then retreat till i re-charge seems to work ok

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Ahhhh thats why mumble doesn't work..

I swear to God, Ima gonna hunt down the person who though "Lets turn Battlefield 3 into a type of Facebook" And kick him in the face so God damn hard...

Why does it have to be a web browser!?!?!?! ARGH!?!

Rant over..

12. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Had some practice on a flying "school" server the other day, i'm sure it was just full of smart arses just trying to get cheep kills.

13. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Sounds like they are just schooling you in how to be shot avoid being shot down

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ah ha, could be so. Just kind of odd in the stats it gives the nemesis kills but then the award doesn't match up but then there very well could be some other variable that's then used.

Cheers.

I guess I'll just keep killing till I get one. :thumb:

15. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Lol ya it didn't go that way though

16. Blackmoon181

Blackmoon181 Geography,Its not just colouring in

I can't seem to get the hang of the server browser. Trying to access the Ziip Server, but i'm unable to find it. When server's give you their ip address what parameters do you use to get it to show up in Battlelog?

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just simply type in ZiiP , make sure HC is checked and you should find it

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I know, no matter the filters (or lack of) I use I don't find many of them. I know that because when I see others playing online they're often on servers that don't appear in my search.

Just have to bookmark them as I see them as well really.

I see very few B2K servers as well, I got it last week and have spent about 2 minutes on one of the maps. :miffed:

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

ZiiP have two servers, the vehicle and an infantry only server and I don't see the infantry only server in my battle log.

20. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I've not seen the 2nd ZiiP server for ages now, a few weeks at least.

EDIT: Of course, I've just checked and there it is....