1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cube case under construction (Update Missfortune)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by M_D_K, 7 Apr 2003.

1. olv

olv he's so bright

you could always bust out some classic paint skillz :D :naughty:

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

SO far so good.. I like the looks of this. wish I had more time to do these kinds of projects

3. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Ok im gonna sit down tonight on my table with coffee and chocalate biscuits a pencil, ruler, ruber and a pad of paper and do loads of drawins or until i get horribly bored :D

i'll then scan them in highest res possible and host them hows that sound :D

can't use a program but i can just about draw :D

4. Tidy_Boy

Tidy_Boy What's a Dremel?

my m8 wants 1 to, only if there is alot of room in that case as he has a water cooling system.

5. olv

olv he's so bright

DRAW MDK, DRAW LIKE U'VE NEVER DRAWN BEFORE!!!!

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I will draw my little heart out :D :lol:

O and there will be **** loads fo room mind my expresion :D

Remember ppl im on msn :D

M_D_K2000 @ hotmail.com

7. Tidy_Boy

Tidy_Boy What's a Dremel?

my m8 will be happy for 1 then.

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

yup keep the orders coming :D

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Update raugh back drawing

Ok peeps heres a drawing i nocked up its not brilliant as of the scan but the original isn't good there are some dimensions on there fi you can work them out lol the insides are turning out to be amazingly tricky to draw.

[​IMG]

more to follow tomorrow

EDIT\
    Bite me

Craig shut up im not spamming im updating this a is a project log hows this im editing my last post if you don't watch it you'll get kicked off
    EDIT

Last edited: 8 Apr 2003
  10. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

morgan stop spamming in yr own thread...it annoys people! Just edit your last post! Moderators dont like it!

[edit] Woteva...jus leave me alone, i think ive put up wiv yr abuse for too long and u should stop [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Apr 2003
  11. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Hey dude.. looking good so far. I may be intrested in one of these.. Just speaking to a mate at work that knows someone you know.. Although I think it will be quite wide I do like the looks of it.. the more pics and stuff you can get the better. Keep working at it.. I wil be following this one closley :D

12. Jakatta3003

Jakatta3003 What's a Dremel?

Cool case

Hiya i dont normally post to much but have heard alot of good things about this case im mates of tidy boy and boondoggl3 im deffently intearested in one of these as tidy boy has said, looks really cool :cooldude: just out of curiosity which side is the board going to mounted on??? is it going to be the usual side??

13. wywywywy

wywywywy Minimodder

MDK you ready for some REAL drawings?

14. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

/me grins at jakatta3003 I know who you are on the forums now!!! finally! ;)

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

right motherboard on the left drives on the right and the real drawings will come on friday going to my mates to do some cad (eaterofpies) who can draw quite good so i've herd :Dthen you can see the stule happening.

Updates-
    Sorted out some switches for the case if you have seen my othere thread about buttons the link is aon there its a vandul resistant one they are a bit expensive but i'll see if i can fit them in.

Cabling is becoming a bit tricky im trying to get loads of CD audio cables and then i'll use them so taht you can plug your leds into the board if you want to save me some hasle please tell me if you require them or not i will supply the case with them if you want.

Window issues
    Im sorting out the personalised windows am talking to my dad who will have to program each of them then pucnch them out. If you could keep themr elitivly simple that would be cool. Perpex will not be provided im sorry i will see if i can put it into the price but as you now perpsex isn't cheap, i will be looking into taht over the weekend.

Finishes
    The case will be finished in the usual Brushed aluminium as in it looks grainy look at cooler master case for reference this is a standard practice and as to some ppl does not mean brushing it with wire wool :lol: it means that each piece goes through big sander basicly will look good trust me :D

Final Note
    Right ppl that are thinking of having a case coul you email me saying you would like one as its hard to keep track of who wants one on a forum im doing this to get an idea of how many of you ppl will want one. Put the subject as "cube" then just type me wants one or somin and your bit-tech user name that would be great (if no bit-tech name normal name will do)

E-mail - mtl@empty.eclipse.co.uk

I don't think there is anything else please keep the comments, question and orders coming. Im finding this a very usefull project and id like to thank anyone that has helped me upto now

Eaterofpies, GuyFawks and all you lucky ppl that will be getting one.

RIght will input more soon

Last edited: 9 Apr 2003
  16. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

wywywywy how you mean have you done some drawins if so thats brilliant and please do email them to me or link to them on here. If not then i'll be making some on friday :D

another thing
    Where do you all live no full addresses just towns/citys I.e. im from emsworth(portsmouth)

I need this as of when the time comes im wondering how i is gonna get these cases to you the obviouse is post so im working on the cost at the mo :D

Thanks
    Morgan

17. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

:jawdrop: morgan how dare u not mention my name as one of the lucky people who might be gettin one? nah only kiddin!

Sounds good.

18. wywywywy

wywywywy Minimodder

I already have a motherboard tray (and no case!) and I don't need any 3.5" spaces. Also I would like intake fans on the side rather than at the front, to keep a clean look. Oh with the vandal resistant ILLUMINATED switches too.

So, is custom design possible you think? Or just mass-production?

19. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

what im trying to achieve is a slightly customised case for each person taht buys one, I'll see about missing out the 2 front fans should be too hard to put them in the door. And the vandull switches are from mappers and they don't have leds the ones your prob thinking of are on another thread and take 8 weeks to deliver if you look on the button thread you'll see the ones i was on about :D

thanks

20. wywywywy

wywywywy Minimodder

I dont mean door, I mean side intake instead of front intake like the Coolermaster ATC-310.

Farnell has everything. The Bl00 LED ones don't take 8 weeks to deliver.

By the way, from your drawings.... hmm... 370mm isn't enough judging by the depth of CD-ROM + depth of PSU + cables/connectors.