1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cube case under construction (Update Missfortune)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by M_D_K, 7 Apr 2003.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

yeah i now its most likely 2 be 400mm that gives 60mm for cable room and im not sure what you mean about the side fan do you mean the long one that blows onto the mobo.

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

just clicked theres 2 fans on the side with a kinda grill in the door i dunno havn't thought about it would mean even more planning work plus the 310 is bigger then this cube i think well its longer so i dunno if they will fit

3. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

OK ppl come across a few hickups which will be sorted ok just may delay construction by a few days.

On a hapier not got the one of the Vandul switches today and they are very nice :D

me out

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

it's sounding better all the time. Did you ever decide on how to make/what to use for the mainboard LED and Switch Header connectors?
    Need more pics (if the cad ever got done? :D )

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

yeah about the cad
    /me looks sheepish

its on its way don't you worry, as i said before hickups lol. Hickups can be curred by a good sit down and think sessian, but don't worry ppl the cube is still on the top of my list ok i am trying my hardest to get this done not just for you but i want to do something relatively on my own to aicheive atleast something in my ****e existanance on this planet. Switch headers will be done by some one on bit appolagies to the guy as i've forgotten his name but ppl full credit for him :D :clap: .
    The design is turning out to be 40 cubed ok.

Right research
    right need feedback from you guys improtant

Q - How long are you ATX cables and molex leads
    short
    mediam
    LONG

Q - I've been requested to have the intakes on the sides which i think is a complete bitch to do as this being my first attempt at any case construction. Who wants them? (example ATC-310) instead of frontones.

Q - Motherboards - What size mobos you ppl got has anyone got a full ATX?
    (please say no)

Q - What size would you rather go for:?
    Small (35Cubed)
    Medium (37cubed)
    Large (40cubed)

Ok i think send your answers via posting or a subject stamped email

thank you

6. olv

olv he's so bright

My psu cables are fairly short, especialy the main mobo one.

Not really bothered on air intake fan position which ever looks best.

Normal ATX mobo

I'd prefer small 35 cubed

more importantly some idea at price asap

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Depends what you class full ATX as.. I have an ABIT kx7333-R so its a pretty big board.. thouhg im thinking abounf using one of thse cases for an ITX sytem.. so the answer is a possibly.. sizes.. hmm.. 37 cubed sounds good..

8. Jakatta3003

Jakatta3003 What's a Dremel?

I have medium siz mobo cables, the case fan holes should be where ever is eaisiest, also i have a normal atx mainboard, and 37 would be a good size,(its deffently gonna be worth the wait by the sounds):D

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Right update for you

Definate design has been made

There will be an inter exoskeliton (mmmm big word) made up of right angled Alu section this will make the frame for the case then there will be 2 drive cages made, one for the hdds and one for the cds etc. These will be pop rivited onto the frame with supports where needed. The motherboard tray will sit and slide on 2 runners which makes it easy to remove, the psu will be either located right bottom or left top above the mobo as main mobo cables may be too short to have on the right(hence the question) then we come to the outer skin I.E alu sheeing, there will be a top and a bottom a front and a back then i'll make some fancy doors. I would put designs but my auto cad is screwed and took my comp with it :( o and i punched my lovely logitec kb and it now broke :( so im onto another £2 keyboard. Im blamming this on alot of stress (lite depression). Don't worry folks case will be made and will look spanky.

Keep the answers flowing :D

:dremel: (<<<<<that :rock: )

10. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

*cough*Project Logs forum*cough*

11. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

update

Ok peeps

Right project is still under way but with slight hickup as you know im building this with the help from my father who owns a sheet metal company ok this is the sticky part hes ****ing bussy this week hes had nothing to do for the last couple of months and now the business picks up again although good thing as more money will come this way :D but means im gonna have t work around him and ask for help when i can :( which means its gonna take ages and the worst thing is they are even more swomped cause a worker is out sick :( which puts mroe pressure on him :( anyways will be bugging him every day to help me

He'll give in LOL but i don't want to put too much presure on him as he under enough at the moment What i'll do is try and do it asap im working hard as i can. its really orward to do something if you not got the tools or ppl to do it an witha project liek this its hard. Will keep you posted im on msn if you want to shout at me and have a go im all ears :( if i have disapointed oyu then im very sorry i will be making it just will take longer then i thought please don't loose cnfidence in me i am trying my best so please keep reading for news and stuff ok will get the prototype out as soon as possible :(

Thanks for sticking with this

Morgan Lee :)

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

GOt some major problems

Unfortunatly i can't make the case as soon as i was hoping due to some serias problems with the factory they are going through some serias **** at the moment which is affecting everything. This puts the cube back a little hopefully they will get through it and be able to go back to normal but fingers crossed :D. This means that its gonna take a while to get the prototype done as of this i am not counceling the cube im putting it back till the factory gets sorted :( im working my hardest to do it.

Thanks for sticking with me

Morgan Lee