1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Fulmo - Type R

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BOBDBONE, 14 Jan 2012.

1. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

@ KayinBlack - I got it on Ebay. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/140599670186?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

@Dom - The psu is one of the nicest ones I have ever seen and torn apart. It comes completely apart without much effort. The texture is very rough so it needed stripped to get a nice paint job. It's hard to get into the stamped areas that look kinda like arrows. I have discovered and easy way to strip powder coating I think....I'll find out and share it if it works.

Well I took it to http://www.pdxlan.net/portland/ in Portland, Oregon and finished up a lot more work. I had a large crowd around me for quite a while. Everyone loved the color. I installed the fans and all the hardware so I could check it out all lit up.

It looks really awesome in the dark too!

I still have to do all the sleeving and add some sponsor names but I am very close to being done. I will be changing up the window a little too. I used some mirrored tint but it's not mirrored quite enough. I wanted it to look like a mirror with the power off and then when I turned on the case lights you can see through it into the case.

Here are a bunch of pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the sleeving, I am using red paracord. It has a great look to it. I'm working on that right now.

Thanks for watching.

2. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

You sure you need to put wires in there? It looks pretty good as is.

3. BOBDBONE

lol no kidding. As soon as we develop "wireless power" we will all be happy modders. :D

4. Briaireous

Briaireous What's a Dremel?

Looks fantastic :) well done, im kinda sad you couldnt use the engine start button though :( but the color scheme and overall look is awesome!

5. BOBDBONE

I will be using an engine start button as soon as I find one that fits. I was sad too.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

6. AK71

AK71 What's a Dremel?

Very nice! Awesome job on the paintwork, it's so nice to see these differently coloured mods that are being done lately. Black and blue is the new beige...

7. BOBDBONE

Lol isn't that the truth!

8. BOBDBONE

Finally back to work on this.

I've been delayed by one thing after another. I'm not used to that so it really threw me off.

I replaced the power button with one that has a red ring so that it matches better.

[​IMG]

And I've been slaving away at my sleeving. I used red paracord. It's so soft and nice. And super cheap!
    It's still a huge mess right now since I'm just testing components but you can see the idea.

[​IMG]

I'll be finishing up the wiring and adding a few things this week. I should be about done by this weekend I hope.

:D

9. BOBDBONE

Well I got more done than I thought I was going to in such a short amount of time.

I was able to complete my wire management, add lighting, swap video cards, box in the optical bay, and put the side panels and racing stripes back on.

I still have a few little things to do like make a new window, and I will be getting new video cards and I'll most likely mod those to match.

Here are a few pics -

This one shows the inside looking clean. I boxed in the optical bay area to smooth it all out and hide stuff. I just used some acrylic and painted it white to match.

[​IMG]

I played with the lights a little. I am using RGB LED's and so I can switch to any color. This pic shows the red.

[​IMG]

Then I put the side panels on and played with the white light.

[​IMG]

It looks really bright inside. I can dim them down with the remote if I need to.

This pic also shows how the optical bay area looks cleaned up.

[​IMG]

I'll be getting the window done and then I will need to add all the sponsor names to it.

So close!!!

Oh ya and I was dying to see what score I would hit with this hardware - - - - -

[​IMG]

That will work!

:thumb:

10. BOBDBONE

I got the window installed.

I used a piece of clear acrylic but I tinted it with mirrored chrome film. It looks like a mirror with the lights off inside but when you switch the lights on then you can see inside like normal.

Here are some pics from my phone.

Here it is with lights off...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lights on..

[​IMG]

Still mirrored a little depending on the outside light but you can see through it pretty good.

You can also see I painted the video cards white to match.

I'm getting some decals made right now for a few spots and a couple other little things will be added but I'm 99% done.

11. BOBDBONE

Stopped by my local sign shop today and picked up a few decals.

[​IMG]

The fun part is getting them on there right the first time.

I wanted to put something on the drive bay area since it had so much plain white space. Not that I didn't like how clean it was but I do have some sponsors to show off. Since this area is pretty close to where all my Patriot stuff is it makes sense to get their name on there.

[​IMG]

I don't think they really have a racing team but since this is a tuner car inspired build (sort of) I had to add the word "Racing" to it!

I used a frosted clear decal for the lower right of the window so it looks sandblasted. This is the official Patriot Memory name. It will show great when I turn the lights on.

[​IMG]

I added a couple other things you might notice in this pic.

[​IMG]

I'm basically done I think? Now it's off to clean it and get some good photo's..... and then play with it!

12. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Me like! :thumb:

Great look on the sleeving and management of the cables!

I think a couple of white backplates on the GFX's would look killer though! :)

(Or cards with white PCB, but that's a completely different price! :) )

I'm not really down with the type-r badges, but that's just me! :D

13. Cown

Cown Minimodder

Really nice work, I have to agree on the white backplates, that would look awesome.

The blue lighting in the case doesn't really do it for me, have you thought about using white lighting instead?

14. BOBDBONE

Thanks guys.

I am working on back plates. I have perforated aluminum that I just need to get painted now. It's bent and ready. The board on these cards are green so they totally do not match! Thanks for the suggestion.

The lighting is not blue but the camera seems to pick up a blue tint for some reason. It could be the mirrored tint film.
    I am using a long RGB LED strip that I can change to any color with the remote.

I'll have the backplates on today I think.

:)

15. BOBDBONE

So I pretty much wrapped it up. I have a few touch ups on paint, and I will tidy up the wires a little to make them perfect.

I took a bunch of pics. Here they are...

You'll notice a couple extra things I did maybe? Like I made covers for the back of the GPU's. I just made some out of perforated aluminum and painted them to match. Easy. I'll also add one more light in the top to keep shadows away. Just waiting on it to get here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a fun build and again I would like to thank my sponsors -

Enermax - http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/main

and

Patriot - http://patriotmemory.com/products/index.jsp?source=5,3

Thanks for watching

:thumb:

16. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Very nice :)

17. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Love it, and great idea for the NOS bottles! Excellent job, Bob!

18. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Love the attention to detail and the fact that you started out with a proper idea of what you wanted the case to look like finally. The theme stayed with the mod till the end and thats impressive as well.
    Anyway, this is something that I rally admire, simply cause I tend to start loosing focus way to quickly in the middle of a build and then it al goes haywire from there..

19. BOBDBONE

Thanks guys. I appreciate your compliments.

I will be adding final pics soon. I've been very busy and do not have much spare time right now.

I am very excited to announce that it just won a case mod contest and will be featured on the cover of CPU Magazine soon.

:D

20. mac84kellar

mac84kellar What's a Dremel?

Where can I get that mirrored chrome film from? I wanna put it on a reservoir!