1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Most bizarre place you have had Pizza delivered?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-44432, 6 Mar 2012.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's probably better for you than the **** they serve up in the hospital

2. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Getting it delivered to a hotel is as adventurous as I have gotten. The staff were peeved, but they are the ones with crap food on the menu.

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I've been working on various roofs lately (dropping snow and ice) and been very, VERY, tempted to phone pizza spots across the streets and say "Umm could you.. you know, come out and throw a pizza to the roof, please?"

Haven't done it, though.. Weirdest I've had has been 10 pizzas to the gate of the army base.

4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Had a LAN party in my basement. Had the guy throw the pizza through the window because we were too lazy to go and open the front door :-/

5. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Depends on context lol Either a standard articulated lorry or something else that's long and (partially) hard :hehe: One can obviously be used to carry large loads and deposit them pretty much anywhere you can drive it, the other's a truck :D

Awaits ban due to lude behaviour :worried:

On topic, I've never ordered a pizza to anywhere remotely interesting :(

6. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

It wasn't pizza but grilled calamari so i don't know if it really counts, but the weirdest place i ever got food delived to (and alsoc consumed it) was the labour room where ~20hours later my first son was born. The delivery guy looked pretty freaked out - in his favor, with 2 other women in labour pains the background sound was quite extreme :)

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

one of these, or the truck as a whole

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

The most bizarre for me was my wedding day. I hired out Ripley Castle (North Yorks) for the afternoon / evening and the ceremony started around 1pm; the main was meal organised for around 5pm.

At 3pm we were informed that the chef had 'thrown a wobbly', decided the food was not up to the standard required and that they would have to start it all again, meaning a 2hr delay.

After an hour of drinking the free champagne that they kindly offered us as an apology, a few of us got hungry and thanks to the miracle of modern phones, located a shop and ordered pizza. It took quite a while to convince the staff that we weren't joking around and that really did want pizza delivering to the castle.

9. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

TMNT comes to mind now....

10. Trevor28

Trevor28 Where is the cow?

No where, don't like pizza. Well more specifically cheese.

JBond likes this.
  11. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

Wise-man say: Forgiveness is divine..... but NEVER pay full price for late pizza!

12. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Had pizza delivered to a stage in the middle of a park while running a music festival before... "yeah, the ermm, well, you'll see it, it's got about 100,000 watts of lights on it..."

13. TheAppleFreak

TheAppleFreak What's a Dremel?

I order mine from PizzaHut online, when you create your own and you can ask for no cheese :) you get an extra topping for it too :thumb:

14. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Half way up Slieve Donard. A group of us where meeting to go on a hike and one guy ended up being caught up in traffic (tractors can be a major pain in the ass on the main road in). Since it's a pretty straight forward route we went on ahead and he would catch up, after he picked up a few pizzas from one of the pizza places in the town!

15. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

Pizza to one of the lesser known side gates of an army base. Delivery guy was suspicious as heck since it was at a junction of two roads right beside a cemetery.

Me: Yup, delivery to junction of road A and B
    Operator: Where?
    Me: *Repeats myself*
    Operator: Isn't it a cemetery there?
    Me: No no, the opposite side of the road. Huge gate, army base. We're on guard duty there.
    Operator: Okay......

The good thing is that was 7-8 years ago. Now they know the delivery location by our internal name of the gate. Guess someone must have told them in the years inbetween. Makes ordering that much easier.

16. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

Old unused ww2 airfield, just grass and grass and some trees there. We were camping, alot of people do it as the ground isnt owned so it aint illegal and the police dont bother of your drinking due to the fact theres not a house for at least 45minute walk. Mind you we never actually camped through the night as it rained heavily at around 8pm and our tent was leaking so we bailed and ratherly stupidly walked home in the rain than being mostly dry in a leaky tent xD.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Loving some of the stories!:)

Keep them coming. :D

18. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

My local cab company does, if they know you as a customer. 4 in the morning they've picked up things from the local tesco garage and delivered them to me ;)

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I did mean more specifically that I don't know if under age kids could get away with doing that these days. Its been 16 years since I was 14 ;)

Ha it's damn awesome that you can still do it as a known (adult) customer. Worth remembering it is.

20. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

When I was in the US Navy we had pizza delivered to the ship. The quarterdeck watch would call down to the engineroom to let us know it had arrived at the pier.