1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Blue Horizon - "MOTY" Nominee

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by riekmaharg2, 8 Jul 2010.

1. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

One of the best logs here. Amazingly detailed. Beautiful Build. Gold standard bar raiser .... and a gracious host modder.

2. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Worlds ugliest computer that is....

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Pretty much. I'll PM him my address and he can send it to me and I'll keep it out of public view.
    Tried that with Dark Blade and got no where.
    Sigh..

john

4. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Nice project,

However the only thing I would do different is make the mash around the case much wider, and move blue LED strips right on the edges. I realize this would attract more dust in, but the looks would be much more rewarding. Regardless I think you did an awesome gob and deserve the credit.

5. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

So what temps do you get with your custom rad?

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice :clap:

7. peteski

peteski long live the pc

amazing work mate well done :rock: :rock: :rock:

8. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Temps looks good :D

9. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

If you didn't like dark blade there's no pleasing you, it was one of the most popular builds ever with some insane 3 million views!

I do actually have an idea for a new one which I don't think anyone has tried before, which should allow me to make a very adventurous design, while keeping it light and easily movable :)

Cheers everyone :thumb:, temps posted just above by waynio from a couples pages back.

Also all the high res versions of the pics of the finished build have now had the black backgrounds darkened, random white spots removed, and have reduced noise.

Last edited: 25 Mar 2012
  10. jhanlon303

You took my comments backward.

I love this one and dark blade was nearly as awesome

I was joking about getting it and hiding it away.

john

11. riekmaharg2

Ah I feel silly now lol, thought it was weird you couldn't like such an amazing and popular build as dark blade. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

12. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I'm not on here for a few days and look what I miss! Its been a long ride as I like many others have watched this from beginning to end. Your PCI panel even inspired me in the making of mine on Helianthus. I saw yours and figured if you could do it, I could too. This build is one of the best builds I have ever seen for its creativity and attention to detail. I have a feeling that this will be showing up on the cover of several things. The lighting looks tremendous, and integrates so well into the overall design. It doesn't look at all like an afterthought, but instead an integral part of the case. Absolutely Bravo :clap:

13. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

I am speechless:jawdrop: U did a fantastic job with the case nono U did a perfect job on this case. It really comes nice together all the small parts u made your self The lighting is just perfect not to much but just where it is needed love it :D

riekmaharg2 Congratz man on your fantastic scratch build :D

Alain

14. fr0Zen

fr0Zen back i guess

One of the resons i joined Bit-tech was to comment on the way over the top builds, that im doing now:thumb:
    so whats the next project ??:D

15. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

Love it!

16. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I've not been that active on Bit-tech lately and decided to have a gander at your project and my God is it utterly amazing. It's got to be one of the best looking scratch builds I've seen lately, major props to you sir for creating a master piece.

17. The_Lurch

The_Lurch What's a Dremel?

I stumbled onto this thread for the first time today and I must thank you for giving me something amazing to read during my work day. Probably took me a good 6 hours to get through it but every page had something awesome to see.

I like the motherboard you ended up with. The blue theme of the motherboard works well with the theme of the build.

What happened to the SATA cover you mentioned?

18. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Not going to lie... I've looked at the final pictures almost every time I come past this thread...

19. riekmaharg2

I thought I recognized your comps pci panel, I think you've managed it perfectly :), Yeah I thought the lighting in my Silent Fiberglass build was a bit overkill so I tried to be tastefully light this one :). Thanks voigts :thumb:

Currently still in the imagination stage :), will be a while yet.

Thats solid commitment to reader through for 6 hrs :) (thats not a joke btw) I couldn't decide what design to do so I've left it for now, that might go in the post completion update along with the new CD/DVD reader and fan controller.

Thanks everyone :D, I've order the parts for the dvd drive mod and I'm currently writing the bit-tech mod article, so they'll be a mini update sometime soon.

20. jhanlon303

Front Page Pron! Deserved.

john