1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bit-tech & Custom PC Awards 2012 Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 3 Jun 2012.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Sill Bit-Tech you put Best Monitor Manufacturer 2012 as being Dell but they dont make Monitors they just re-brand them so that SHOULD say Samsung instead of Dell since thats where their higher end monitors come from.

Also how is EA up there?

2. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I voted for alienware , the M17x-R2 has been super

3. bouncingjohn

bouncingjohn What's a Dremel?

Exactly. How many people, other than tech journalists or those with more money than sense, are going to have actual experience of multiple motherboards/heat sinks/hard drives/whatever? "Very few" would be my guess. This is why I never bother to vote in these things.

4. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Probably the reason why everyone pickes OCZ SSD is cause' its cheap and most can afford. Still, just because most own don't mean its the best.

5. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Actually it's LG, but that's by-the-by.

If they had to start doing that, then the RAM section would be owned by Samsung/Hynix/et al, the PSU section by Seasonic/FSP/Enermax/et al and the same could be said of SSDs.

IE: Corsair would suffer massively... As it is I don't see why Corsair gets all the praise it receives when their PSUs are last-gen Seasonic X-Series for the same price as the new ones, the RAM is fine, but anything more than DDR3 1600 costs a fortune and the SSDs are just Sandforce 2281 drives with identical RAM to all the other makers on the bandwagon. Surely Intel, Samsung and Crucial are better choices here - they all have their own controllers and make their own SSDs, and they all perform generally better than the Sandforce drives.

6. Deders

Deders Modder

One of the issues I had with the forms is that although i do have some experience and favorite's in certain categories, there are others that I know very little or nothing about. It took me until halfway through the questionairre to realise that could just skip those pages but up until then I'd end up going for things that I'd heard good things about, whether I had any personal experience with them or not.

7. veato

veato I should be working

Quick question for all those moaning about the results; did you actually vote?

8. FvD

FvD What's a Dremel?

You also mentioned the X-*** line. :eyebrow:
    And I think Seasonic deserves the throne for constant innovation. Surely they are quite "up there" in the enthusiast range, but thats what BT is and should be about.

Edit: 2002 and 14 posts.... it HAD to be said :D

9. Rafe Zetter

Rafe Zetter What's a Dremel?

Award results innacurate IMO.

I'm currently locked in a serious dispute with OCUK and would NEVER EVER EVER in good conscience recommend them to anyone.

I'd used them for years without issue, that is to say all that I had bought; worked. The first RMA issue and it goes bad quickly, after several attempts at requesting they honor the refund they offered by email, my last contact was ignored, 3 letters have also been ignored, so my next letter will be sent recorded signed for, and if that doesn't work trading standards have said they will get involved.

OCUK are ALREADY known to them btw.

I also agree that many / most will have gone with names they know, when personal experience is lacking. I didn't vote so don't know the format, but I think a format of category then allow someone to vote for any company (empty box in other words) would give a very accurate reading of "customers best". It would also be interesting to have a "worst" set too - a sort of "Hero's and Zero's".

PC gamer used to do a monthly section of saints and sinners for retail suppliers, often with the same names turning up again and again.

10. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Seems like a lot of my votes did not get on the list. I would have expected a lot different results just from reading the forum. Specially the SSD manufacturer part. Should have been Crucial

Tags: Add Tags