1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

If you are interested in the single player get the game! No more unit stacking is awesome.

If you are interested in the multiplayer avoid it like the plague. the MP of Civ V is a bug ridden lag fest. Oh and the unit animations: Firaxis left those out completely as they couldn't get them to synchronize between the clients. It's a turn based game ffs.

2. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Not true, animations are disabled by default but you can re-enable them when you're setting up the game -- it gets slightly annoying though with your camera zooming around the map to show a player on the other side of the map fighting barbarians.

Though I've been playing this with friends of late and I must agree, it is bug ridden in multiplayer. Last night I was getting stuck and the game would take 5-10 minutes to allow me to progress to the next turn -- pretty frustrating if you've been playing together and made significant progress over the course of a few hours.

It is pretty fun when it works, better in single player.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I watched Gunsmith's "beginner's guide" and it actually stopped me from buying it :D. That game is way too over complicated.

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Okay, sorry, I did not know that Firaxis apparently added the animations in March this year - almost a year and a half after the launch of the game.

It just bugs me to no end that they rushed out what could have been a game just as great as its predecessors to make a quick buck. And yes - I am biased, I spent good money on the game when it came out.

Still, if you are interested in the multiplayer get Civilization 4. The graphics aren't as good and the battles can drag on forever due to unit stacking but after many hours of gameplay I have yet to experience any bugs.

It's not complicated at all. Learning by doing is the key - and maybe printing the production chart on the wiki. Just start a new endless game on easiest settings and mess around a bit. The game is a lot less complicated than it might look at first.

6. Maximilian

Maximilian WC Virgin

Well this sucks, there's all sorts of games I wanna buy but as I'm in Spain for the week it keeps trying to charge me in euros! Can I not change my payment to pounds somehow?

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Nope. Your only chance is remote desktop to your home computer, or let someone else buy it for you.

8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

It will be cheaper on Steam at some point during the sale, its an almost certainty.

If you do have problems throw me a PM and I'll buy the games you want for you, I did it for some others in the last sale and sold what wasn't taken on the forums.

9. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

10. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Guys, i am at work and i cant get on to steam. can someone please gift me the alan wake pack and i will PP you the money

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I've just bought a 4 pack of Payday: The Heist and have 2 copies left at £2.81 each. PM me if you want a copy.

12. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Sure, to clarify you want the Alan Wake Franchise which contains Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Alan Wake Collector's Edition Extras for £7.74?

13. slaw

yes, thats the one

Can you please pm me your email address and i will send you the money via paypal now

thanks

14. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Any chance you can do Bank Transfer? I don't mind buying the game now and saving it to my inventory if you can't do BT until you get home.

15. slaw

i can do a bt now if you prefer. i have my trusty barclays pinsentry device handy

16. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Sounds good, I've purchased the game and saved it to my inventory, will PM you my bank details now.

slaw likes this.
  17. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I have Renegade Ops and The Ship in my inventory, anyone want to trade for anything?

slaw likes this.
  18. slaw

all done and a pm sent.

thanks so much + some rep!

19. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Damm I knew my wallet would take a hit, just bought the alan wake franchise.

20. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Any chance I can get someone in the UK (or the US) to get Alice: Madness Returns flash deal for me (as it's thrice the price in EUR)? I'll reimburse through PP.