1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

2. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Trying to attempt to play Kennen in some normals apart from against bots... hell.

I enter lobby (first every time) and pick Kennen. I don't instalock.

Everyone else enters and instalocks, meaing 4AP on our team (tbh, at my level, that can work as no one buys defensive gear). Boils my piss.

I've started to leave now, but only a few seconds after champ select is over; they are wasting my time so I may as well waste as much as theirs as I can.

Pathetic? Yes.

The only way I am sure of a decent composition, I have to play with my friends against 1700elo players. I enjoy it, but it is at the same time a little demoralising.

I so wish I had made my way to 30 playing normals!

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Tbh, if you want to play kennen and the other dicks all pick the same role, play kennen. Try him out and get the feel of him, sod the others. Get you're timing right on the skills and last hitting, see how much damage he does and can do and find a build that works for you.

You may lose, you may not especially since you say nothing defensive is bought, but either way you'll get to try him. And then you'll be good to go when you find a team that picks better roles. Failing that, start a new meta :D

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

loftie's right on, there.

While I do play smaller arranged teams (mostly 2 or 3 players), I do a LOT of normal-blindpick-solo (when it's online - yesterday I had to wait 10 minutes in queue before the queue for Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline (which I really dislike anyway) was taken offline. Then I spent 7 minutes waiting for Dominion).

I lose. A LOT. But at the end of the day, I believe it makes my own play better, since I have to coordinate my own game. There's just no guarantee that the other dude in my lane is actually going to do anything but feed and steel your creep kills/gold.

We had a Karthus on our team on Sunday morning that (after Heimerdinger shouted "mid") said "Mid or I troll".
    Out of principle, the team (all solo players, so noone knows each other) decided to "compromise-but-not". We let him dual-mid with heimer, rather than letting someone with an attitude like a 10 year old play the shortest lane.
    He then (obviously) started trolling (sight wards put up in circles. Against a team where there's no rat, no teemo, no eve, and no other invis) regardless.
    We lost that game (by surrender - I don't like surrendering), but got surprisingly far, and did surprisingly well, pushing turrets, actually winning team fights occasionally by taking their champs out when they were alone, etc.

5. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Just had a really bad game.

Started out fine, me playing as Gangplank and even though they got first blood I managed to double kill the two heroes in my lane.

Then things just went downhill. Our bottom lane consisting of Ashe and Wukong managed to ulta-feed their heroes so after 15 minutes the score had gone from 2:1 to 4:15. At this point they had 4 of our towers down and we had none of theirs. Me, and my lane buddy, Mordekaiser thought "Oh well" and started a surrender vote as it was extremely unlikely that we would win and even if we won it would take hours.

Now Ashe and Wukong REFUSED to surrender. They kept us playing until 32 minutes before realising that with all of the Inhibitors down we were probably not gonna win. Then they decided to surrender.

Oh, and my lane buddy spoke some English, the rest of them spoke NONE. Why can't we have international servers for people with no grasp of communication?

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I have been known to counter surrender votes.
    Mostly this is due to me looking at the situation and assessing it as "still winnable if everyone plays together". On more than one occasion, this has turned out to be the case.

In tough, long games, I also counter the vote, simply because I would not like to play a long game that I was slowly winning only to have the opposing team surrender just before they died. I perceive this as an "honour" thing, which may or may not be excessively romantic.

That said, there are cases where a win is not possible, and in those cases, I do agree ot a surrender.
    For example when you have a Karthus going 0/16/0 and purchasing sight wards. Or when you have 2 AFK's and one bouncing in and out of the game...
    or when your team is too busy raging at each other to even put up a fight.

7. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

I never surrender until we are either WAY behind or they have destroyed one or both of the nexus turrets. In lots of games our teams team composition is better so late game we are able to pull it back as long as people are not mugs and mess it up! Had a game yesterday that 5 man draft pick which we should have won! I was playing as Graves bot against ashe and irelia... In typical fashion I DC'd 2 minutes in lossing 5 minutes of cs, was able to pull it back but by then the irelia had gone roaming and was 17/2 in the end. I really want to work out my mbp BSODs on LoL but not Diablo or L4D2 or SC2 or any other game I play!

I am getting my AD skills back now after only jungling for about a month, mostly because someone else in our team can only play Top or Jungle. Which means I have been booted to AD as our current solo top is a boss! He has not been defeated in lane in any games since we started play 5v5.

Really want to get back to jungle but I started playing AD carry a year ago and my cs skills are to the point where I only miss 1 minion in every few waves.

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So I just watched the Eve remake spotlight, and it's looking good, I must say.
    She's a MEAN jungle now, and I can see the remake making her a force to be reckoned with in teamfights now...
    One thing's for sure: I am checking where she escapes to now before I leave a team fight.

9. Kasowaree

Kasowaree What's a Dremel?

So am I the only one that hates the Eve remake?

10. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Most likely.

But it shouldn't matter to you... i thought you uninstalled and were warning people away from League?

11. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Is there anything you like about LoL? Maybe server downtime?

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I dislike the mechanics of the stealth rework. The range looks too big, though at the same time, anything smaller would probably not work. Personally I think they should have just removed stealth from the game as I dont feel that stealth while in the jungle is a particularly worthwhile thing.

13. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Apparently it's just inside of sight range and slightly above the range of most skills.

They said it's so skilled players can see her and still have some time to react.

14. Kasowaree

I like LoL. I hate how people treat it as some kind of uber hardcore E-Sport.

15. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

Can you just stop coming in the thread and complaining all the time? It seems quite obvious that playing this game does you no good and you just play and then come whinge here some more. Post something constructive or something if you're going to call things garbage. Lay out a real argument for your findings.

You hate it how other people have different opinions then you and think different things oh no what ever will we do. Play a game to enjoy it please for the love of god.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I don't think i've met anyone apart from you that's referred to it as some sort of "uber hardcore e-sport".

It's most definitely an e-sport and its presence is growing rapidly in the community.

17. Kasowaree

Which is all the proof I'll ever need that E-Sports is doomed.

18. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Which is your opinion.

Like many in this thread have stated each time you comment here... why do you even bother posting and/or keeping up with LoL if you're so disillusioned by it?

All you do is turn up and present your opinions without offering any constructive argument by it. Yet it's happened so many time that you may as well just be trolling this thread.

19. Ljs

Ljs Modder

You are joking right? I know its subjective to a point, but I think LoL is a great E-Sport.

Very high difficultly/skill level, team focused, lots of variation in composition and most importantly, it is an amazing game to watch.

I quite often sit and watch LoL games using the spectate function or from some stream. It is genuinely one of the best games around to watch IMO and something I don't really tire from.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

^^Agree 100% It's a MASSIVELY good game to watch, and the skill and coordination required to not only succeed as an individual, but also as a team puts it on par with StarCraft and the likes for a spectator sport.

All that being said -
    Thanks to Xahl and Seth for the games yesterday - Ljs - maybe next time we can feed together. I also always rather spectate when I am not sure I have the time to play. Or play LoL-UT (Dominion).

As always - I noticed the skill difference between soloing (where I get matched with lvl 20-25 players) and premade, where I inevitably get matched with premades full of lvl 30s.
    The difficulty difference is substantial, and I should apologise to some of the teammates I had yesterday for making really REALLY bad n00b mistakes.

Things that fly at my "solo-level" don't work at all in premades, simply because communication is higher.
    This weekend, if all goes to plan, I'll try and play with skype on. That way coordination might be better.