1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bliss Unleashed..Article on the way!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by daydreamingknight, 8 Oct 2002.

1. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Last edited: 8 May 2003
  2. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

So very very nice. Congrats on how everything has worked out.

3. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Have followed your posts right through mate even though I have not commented much. I must say that I think this is one of the coolest and tidiest modes I have see to a case. Don't know if I am just being biased as I plan to steel a lot of your ideas for my Antec:p Good luck for the future man:rock:

4. CooLJoE

CooLJoE Minimodder

DDK - That was a nice touching story. Infact it filled me with some inspiration for my mod after seeing those pics. I don't think anyone will laugh and actually I think some will come out with a better look on life. I'm sorry you had to go through so much, but I'm glad you came through and were here to share your experience with us...and your mod project of course.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    :thumb: :dremel: :thumb:

5. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Good name :clap:

I actually thought it said Bliss at first, and I wondered if you were a Muse fan :lol:

Muse rock :rock:

So does your case, the shiny black acrylic looks sooo sweet. Now get working on your next project!! :D

6. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Well, what a fun filled 2 days. I modded until the wee hours, slept and went to work.

I modded the day away to get it done! I just wanted it done!!

There are a few notes to add regarding the last set of pics. Hope you can follow even though the pics are on the previous page..

The top pic is to show the drive eject buttons I made. I was originally going to use a wood dowl(spelling?) painted black. But I wanted something larger but I didn't want a larger hole. So what I did was to take 2 left over "Push Pin Fan Mounts"(from performance-pcs.com, GREAT PLACE!) and pulled off the lower part leaving me with the larger 'flat top' part.

I had some very small aluminum tubes of various sizes and found two that I stuck the 'flat top' part into. Cut it done and stuck it in. Fits snug enough to not fall out but loose enough to push in and out. Just in case I used double sided tape on the drive buttons themselves.

The 3rd and 4th pics I wanted toshow how well the drive window and lighting can be seen. Since adding the feet I put my only CCFL under the case to get a UFO look. I need to purchase another CCFL for inside the case.

The 6th pic down is of the floppy door open. Floppy, two jam nut switches for CCFLS and the little silver push bitton switch you see at the top turns off the fan leds(all four fans) upper bezel lighting, floppy drive leds and the CDRWO widow LEDS.

I could run the comp with no lights on, some or all. I wanted to have the choice so I just wired everything!! You should see the mobo side... SPAGHETTI wires. I cleaned it up a great deal...still alot of wires though.

The THANK YOU LCD shot ws taken with the crap camera.. I only have two of the 6 usb ports on the Soyo MB going and one is used for the mouse, in order to plug in the LCD I had to unplug the webcam. So I couldn't get a good shot of it..well, as good as I can get right now..lol

I have a few little things to do, but it should be all gravy from here. I'm glad I ended up doing the drive window, it's a mod I've always wanted and I think it turned out pretty slick. I don't recall seeing one like it, though one might be out there. If it wasn't for the drive length I don't think I could have fit in the smaller lit window in.

Though the webcam takes beter pics than the crap dig cam, neither show the BLISS UNLEASHED blue/white led lighting well..it really does look alot better than the pics show. I messed around with lighting that dam thing for more than hour!

Besides little nit-picky things here and there, I still need to buy a sheet of the grey acrylic for the mobo side window. A more powerful PSU is on the wish list also. I have a few ideas on modding/lighting the PSU so it's a bummer I didn't get around to getting one. I will though one day. Unless the current pSU wont take the load, I will wait for the new PSU this fall, when I start the hardware upgrades!!:):)

The top front fan has one led out. Somewhere between getting it, checking it and installing it died. No biggie..lol...

=====================

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I read everyone twice and would like to quote/answer them each, but that would only triple this post!:)

We all have been thru our own hell and faced our own demons. It's not what happens to you in life that is most important, it's how you deal with each and every high and low, dispair and happieness that really counts.

This case was a celebration for me, a reminder of what I have been thru and what hard work, commitment and imagination can lead to. You guys have been very helpful throughout this project log and I thank all of you. When I get ahold of a GOOD camera I'll be sure to post new high rez pics...maybe by than I might have modded something else:rolleyes:

If macroman is around, I'd like to hear what he thinks of the case. It was the Culance case that inspired me in the first place, and just maybe BLISS will inspire someone else. Thanks macro for the inspiration:thumb:

Thanks to everyone that posted and props to Yo-DUH_87 and ouija, you two were right in the middle of this project with me:)

I'll be back :thumb:

DDK

7. daydreamingknight

I forgot to add... I've never heard of Muse..lol..

DDK

8. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

No problem, now I need to start my own project (first I need to spend more money on the innards, when I get some), so that I will have something to stick all my ideas into (while it would not be as large or insane as Zap's project, I recon it would take a long time and face several redesigns ;) )...

I do have to say, that I like what you have done with the case, I was a bit worried at first when you were dying everyting in sight black, but I think it turned out quite well ;)

As for your PSU, have you seen this yet: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=470

While a bit spendy, I would guess you could do something like that for ALOT cheaper if you wanted (sorry phire, but you do have to admit that it is a little spendy...).

9. azpekt

azpekt What's a Dremel?

Very nice! I really liked your CD-drive...actually i liked the whole thing :D . And it was a very touching story about your life there.

10. ouija

:eeek: www.muse-official.com :thumb:

11. Dragen

Dragen What's a Dremel?

DDK... My respect goes to you! Live long and prosper, my friend

12. Altron

Altron Minimodder

13. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Its hard work, but not only that its take bloody loads off time

14. daydreamingknight

Nice PSU! I did buy sleeving and heatsink to do it myself. I would get a PSU done already, but I wan to custom fit everything to length:)

Just more things to do...lol:)

DDK

15. IceColdFever

IceColdFever What's a Dremel?

Dude, Rock On!! :rock:

Your case just keeps getting better and better! (when will it stop!!)

I love the CDRom. I think i'm going to buy a case like that soon...

16. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Hehe, the often-ignored yet most essential part of installing any custom sleeving is the beverage. For long jobs, mountain dew works best!
    Generic sodas are cheap too.

17. ouija

Eeew mountain dew is vile :)

18. daydreamingknight

ah dammit...

While going thru the modding supplies and cleaning up after the case I found the clear acrylic PSU cover I bought WAY back when they first came out..guess I'll have to light up the PSU with the remaning LEDs I have and put on the clear top....

Just when I thought it was over...lol:):)

DDK

EDIT..

I forgot to ask a question I've had on my mind. Everyone KNOWS I only have the crap dig cam and a webcam. It's not very often that I get a good camera. My girlfriend has a Canon Sureshot Owl 35mm camera. I thought about getting some film for it and using it for some pics.

When I get the film developed I can get them put on disk too.. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this method and how well it worked. It's a fully automatic camera from what I've looked at it so I know I probably wouldn't get any dark shots of the case.

If anyone has taken case shots with a 35mm let me know how it worked and offer any tips!!!??

thanks!

Last edited: 10 May 2003
  19. Altron

Altron Minimodder

The spirit of modding will not yet relinquish it's hold upon DDK...

20. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

The on-cd works prety well, but depending on who developed the pictures, they may make you dig around for the raw images.

The quality is usualy pretty good, but then again, I use a 35mm SLR for my pictures :p

So, you still have a PSU to mod. So is life ;)