1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Which Android Tablet for ~£100 - £150

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yakyb, 8 Sep 2012.

1. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Hye guys been a while since i posted

was wondering if anyone knew which Android tablet would be best for roughly £100-£150

Looking for internet usage and Light Gaming

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

save a little more and get the Nexus 7. nuff said.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Or wait six weeks and get the Kindle Fire HD. Same price as the Nexus 7 8Gb, but with 16Gb instead. The only downside: you're tied into Amazon rather than Google.

4. yakyb

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Tablets in that price range usually have 1 or 2 major flaws. The screen been the biggest one, if I was buying in that budget id want to test them out before purchase.

The only 2 I'd even recommend or look at would be the ones below.

Asus transformer pad Infinity Tf700t is in budget and gets high ratings ( £130 ish)
    Blackberry playbook is the best actual tablet for the cash £99 ish, good screen decent battery life, with a bit of hacking you can get native google store support. ( currys and pcworld have the 64gb wifi in stock for £129)

yakyb likes this.
  6. yakyb

where did you get this price?

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

TF700T is the Transformer Primes replacement, so wont be cheaper than it. The Transformer Pad is cheaper, but still £300ish.

Nexus 7 is well worth a look, it's made by Asus, and has similar specs to the TF201 with it's 5-Core chip, IPS display, and word on the street is a 3G version is being readied. Downfall is the lack of expandable memory, as it's all part of Googles Cloud idea.

Sam

8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

You can however add additional storage in the form of a USB flash drive and an app. This originally meant you were required to root the nexus, but I think there is an app now that allows you to do some data transfer without rooting. Have a look at the nexus 7 post on BT as there has been some info on this recently.

Just thought I'd add so you can explore your options :)

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Simply electronics ( they have a store nearby not sure they are reliable )was price for Asus one, currys and pc world the other

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Simply Electronics has the tablet priced at £400+ on their website. The £130 price is for the docking station keyboard.

Is still say to the OP, if your budget is £150, stretch another tenner and go for a Nexus 7 of Kindle Fire HD. Go for one of the cheap tablets and you will be kicking yourself.