1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Valor958

Valor958 What's a Dremel?

Really not making a good impression of your e-ego here. The guy simply stated that he had a rough experience with the AC-130 and was concerned about the 1 shots he received. They could have been 1-offs or flukes, but just because YOU haven't experienced something is no reason to go off on him.
    I play with people from all over the world in my group, and I hear them complaining of server issues and game issues I've NEVER experienced. One guy I play with frequently has his game crash for no apparent reason. Bug reports and incident reports from Windows do not reflect anything... BF3 simply ctd. This happens several times a night so far as i can tell. Maybe he's just so 'bad' at the game that it's closing to save him the embarrasment?
    You could show a little more tact and tone down the ego a bit. You weren't present at the instances he was speaking of. You have no place calling him a bad player because he got killed by the AC-130. If anything, we should be thankful the AC-130 is as nerfed as it is compared to the real one...

2. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

You must be a crap player too!

3. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Come on Dwarfer, Dom's being pretty polite. He's certainly not insulting people by calling them crap and the like.

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Christ come on people. How wet do you have to be to be offended by being called a crap player. Grow a back bone or ignore my comment, simple!

No wonder the UK and the World has gone to ****!! Oh damn, did I offend someone there.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Thanks TT XD Im going to play some AK tonight I think.

6. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Still waiting for Dwarfer to link his BattleLog Profile so he can back up anything he says in here.

Simply said, the AC130 is ****.
    Unless you have dead on accuraccy with it or are purely lucky, the only way to kill anything is with a direct hit, not even a foot away kills.

Another thing I've noticed yesterday is the amount of "jumping" that is happening (vehicle will be driving along and teleport a few meters further along)

Would be nice if you could disable the 130 from even spawning.

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'm pretty accurate with the 105 on the c130, killing vehicles is nigh on impossible though, I also think the mobile artilery should have similar aiming system to the mortar so you can actually see what your hitting.

I believe dwarfer already hinted to his profile in a post some 6 or 7 pages back.

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Press 'M', zoom out. Watch for the white bloom markers after firing. ;)

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Hmm I'll give that try later cheers.

10. Valor958

Valor958 What's a Dremel?

Well, nothing terribly impressive there really. I can't look at it directly at work, but get the mini-image from Google. One listed the stats as current from 5min ago...
    Rank 57
    13.6% accuracy
    1.03 k/d
    .85 w/l
    203H 38M
    Spends 'most' of his time as engy w/6 service stars.
    Fav guns are the A-91 and AS VAL...

Honestly, my stats are somewhat similar and better in a few areas so I'm not seeing where this inflated ego comes from. The stance of "I can say whatever I want and if you're offended by me being a jerk, too bad"... well, it's a statement of character if nothing else.
    Best part about all of this is, BF3 isn't meant to be about point mongering and k/d so much as teamwork and winning... you want to brag about 'skill' and 'points', etc etc... go play CoD.

-- back to topic
    From all i've read, i'm going to hold off on buying AK for another month or so to let them hammer out the bugs and balancing. Aside from being the current 'big thing', I really don't feel a lot of incentive to buy it like i did for the Limited Edition to get B2K. I LOVE the B2K maps. After some solid, time tested reviews are out, I'll make the decision to buy or not. New guns and all are neat, but I'm doing just fine with my vanilla/B2K setup.

EDIT: Just noticed Dwarfer was banned. It's a shame, but I guess it goes to show that it does pay to be civilized online.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2012
  11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I think the most fun i have had was when i didn't care about stats. I hate being killed. But laugh when I suicide because of jeehad jeeps. Or stealth C4 drops.

Dwarfer banned. Well he has been warned in the past. To be honest if i wasn't so involved in the BF3 server and other aspects of the community and i was younger id have probably been quite abusive to him.

In anycase all those that enjoy BF3 keep enjoying it. Whether you win by a mile or snatch your team from defeat as the tickets trickle away the game is awesome.

12. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

He did it a while ago.

About time he got banned.

Back on topic, new maps are awesome, least favourite is probably Bandar Desert as I've had the least fun on it so far.

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

14. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

The gunship is beast on Rush. And without any stat knowledge the 105mm is the sort of thing found on MBTs

15. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Take up the map when you use the artillery, you can see the impacts of the artillery on it.

They look like small blast waves.

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh that's what phalanx suggested, gonna give it a try.

17. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Most of those fixes are for the lack of a better word useless. Other games do not seem to have a problem with upnp or ecn. Fair enough if there is a problem with the av or something like that but saying to people to disable the av is just idiotic.

18. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Nice it was about time. But kids are kids.

19. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

As others have noted he already did mention his name on BLog the other day. First thing I did was try and reconcile his snooty behaviour with his stats, and instead I just laughed for about five mins straight when I realised Dwarfer likely had narcissistic personality disorder.

On a more positive note, I'm looking forward to trying out Armoured Kill as soon as my midterm break comes around... Tuesday can't come fast enough :thumb:

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

It's the same with Mortars at the moment, very useful.

The Airburst shots are limited to 2 before you need to reload.

Recapping for the Arty:

Standard: 6 rounds
    Anti-air: 2 rounds (reload seems quite fast)
    ATACMS: 1 round
    Air Burst: 2 rounds

Try to ensure that you park it on a flat, otherwise you have to correct you aim for the angle that a slope puts on the rounds and it can really throw your shot off.

On Armoured Shield, you can reach Charlie, Bravo and the outskirts of Delta just from where the Arty spawns at Alpha for the Americans.
    For range-finding I usually fire 2 rounds, wait for the splash on the map and correct for that. 2 rounds can at least seriously hurt a target if they connect and reloads aren't that bad.

I've only got 17 kills with them so far, but they're good fun to be honest :)