1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress TJ-11/Level 10 hybrid scratchbuild?

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rwb97, 5 Jul 2012.

?

What color sleeving?

1. Red

25.6%
  2. Black

17.9%
  3. Both

56.4%
  1. rwb97

rwb97 Addicted to modding

Right, hit a bit of an issue in that my motherboard seems to have died out of the blue :eyebrow: Anyway, I have an RMA for a refund, and so I am going to try my hand at some ivy bridge stuvs! I plan to go for the 3770k, on a Maximus V Formula, but this may change.

So, I plan on using this downtime to redo a few things so it looks a bit better-painting, sanding, and hopefully finishing the side panel with i/o.

Seeing as I have some time to keep neatening things up, anything else that you would like to see done?

2. rwb97

OK! so, back with the modding right?!

Pulled the whole thing apart, and drained the loop. One of the things I wanted to check was how well the blocks were coping since I'm using mayhems aurora coolant which has the shiny particles that flow round it, and I knew that some blocks were prone to clogging up, so I stripped down my blocks and here's how they were:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also opened up the chipset block, as I don't think there are any other pictures of its innards on the net.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rwb97

Note To Mayhem Dyes!

So, note to mayhems: I know somwhere you keep a list of blocks and how they work with your coolants (particularly aurora) so If it helps, I can say that the XSPC Rampage IV Extreme blocks (chip and mosfet), And the Liquid Extasy Narrow Line CPU Delrin V2 work fine with Aurora Tharsis Red for 8 months daily use:thumb: