1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Which Tablet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RaisingCain, 27 Oct 2012.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I would wait for some people to have the windows tablet and see what they think of it, then you can get a fair idea on all the major tablets currently.

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

When I get my new Kindle Fire HD tomorrow, I'll let you know how it feels. I should have been in a position to post a review yesterday/today but it's what appears to be water damage under the screen, so I'm having to return it.

What I can review is Amazon's customer service / returns policy and that's absolutely first class. I called someone this morning (Sunday) and they have promised to get me a replacement by tomorrow, regardless of when I'm able to return the damaged Kindle.

I can't help but feel that if I'd ordered this from a company in the partner forums, they'd have insisted that I send the Kindle back first, then inspect it and claim it's user-inflicted damage, before even considering sending a replacement.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Id get a cheap 2nd hand laptop from ebay if all i wanted it for was that tbh you can get them for below £100 on ebay and its a far better bet than most cheap tablets.

amazon have great customer service they will always send replacements asap. Ive had that for tvs before that were broken they sent a new one before i had a chance to post it back.

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yea I have to say Amazon's customer service / returns is second to none I've had 3 replacement Kindle's and each time it was the misses that broke the screen

5. brummydad

brummydad What's a Dremel?

The Microsoft surface looks great and it is bursting with some great stuff. I do however advise caution as it is new to the market.

I have an Ipad at the moment and use it for online TV and quick browsing on the go. The Ipad just works and does it well and as mentioned by a previous poster the app store is the biggest out there and growing..