1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Takes you to skeleton king....half way thru act 1.

But armour dosnt work the same as D2. There is no heavy and light. Just armour.

Thats what alot of ppl complain about with the loot system. Its so reliant on main stat + vitality that you dont get any drops that are awesome fro every class. Severely dents the re playability and the enjoyment of the loot system.

Still a good game, but they could have done so much more with loot. Path of exile is more like D2 that D3 is to D2. It will be free to play soon enough and im currently in beta and its awesome. Torchlight 2 also solid for a hack and slash. T2 has done a good job with the loot system also.

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

See, i never played Diablo 2 with other character than Paladin. never felt to go again with other one.
    I'm thinking I'm going to play Monk this time, but looks like Barbarian is also something for me, will see.

So armor details depends on your skills levels?

3. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Just character level. There are no skill levels.

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Yeah, that's what I meant - so if you got some armor, let's say +30 to defence, after a while when your character gets higher level, this armor will give you +50 to defence?

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Armor does not scale when i last played diablo 3, you needed 60 gear to do 60 act2 onwards on inferno.

my tank had what amounted to 900 all resists with a shield and just short of 80k life to do act2 solo.

6. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I'm pretty confused about the resistance in D3. It seams that it doesn't work like it was on D2.

I'm playing a monk and noticed no real difference having 400 or 900 to all my resistance. So I favorized VIT to res. Having 40K+ life and 402 res makes a bigger difference than 30K life and 900 res.

Same for DPS. I was using a daïbo (1.19 attack speed and 70K DPS) but even high damage was no match. I dropped the daïbo for 2 single hand monk weapon.

I have a pretty low DPS now (around 30K) but 1.92 atk speed, unbuffed. It makes a huge difference. While my crits is lower (95% i.o. 300%), my crit chance didn't change (32%). With the increased attack speed, I'm spamming tornadoes by dozens. So halved my DPS but doubled my attack speed, i'm generating more resources and life per hit is really efficient now.

I also have an increased dodge percentage (around 65%), which helps a lot. Having a lower DPS takes longer too kill mobs, but I also die a lot less. I can handle an elite alone in act 3 in a 4 player game. Have to reposition myself a lot to avoid some spell, but I do not die and do kill'em.

I'd really like to see the weapon switching we had in D2. Being able to switch between, for example, a two handed weapon and a one handed + shield while fighting (the "W" key in Diablo 2) would be awesome.

Here is my monk, nothing really awesome but it works pretty well. Can't handle act 4, but act 3 is doable without dying too much if I'm carefull and not too reckless : https://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/ColdHands-2325/hero/4039747

Last edited: 10 Oct 2012
  7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

OK, so started playing Diablo 3 - fantastic game, it takes me back..:)
    I have lvl10 right now and looking for some pieces of sword for some Stranger (Tyrael, I know, read it somewhere;))
    It is funny how I'm using first active skill (fists) and even having sword in ma hand it looks like my Monk doesn't use the weapon:)

Question: how do you guys play? I found many times people writing that best way is simply go quickly through all levels up to inferno, cause your character will get to level 60 anyway. Then on inferno all the fun begins. I don't want to miss anything cool or important so wanted to ask. Should go through doing all quests and not "cleaning up" all maps from monsters? I did that playing ages ago Diablo 2 and had a lot of fun... Now started Diablo 3 and slowly go through the maps uncovering all of it and killing everything that moves.

How do you guys play your game? :)

Last edited: 30 Oct 2012
  8. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Ya. Fun. like Cancer. Inferno is the reason I don't this game any more. :(
    /personal 2cents

I found the most fun for me was to explore everything, go everywhere, just I did with D2.

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

How fast did you get to level 60? was it on normal?

10. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The new patches have made this game easy mode but I like how they added the hellfire ring and ubers. I stopped playing about 2 months ago, I was stuck in a3 inferno with 50k hp, 800 all res, 27% block on my warrior. Decided to try it out again a few days ago, dropped 2.5 million on a stormshield and new weapon that has 900 life on hit now I'm sitting at 52k hp, 900 all res, 35% block and 1630 life on hit and I don't die. I did public games but I just stood in the front and tanked through all the champion mobs. Granted, my dps is only 18k, for solo'ing I can survive and sustain extremely well. I was debating transitioning to WW with dual wielding or 2 handers, but after spending all the gold on my shield, I'd like to keep it for a while.

Decent gear is pretty cheap making it easy enough to progress now, plus everything has been made easier. I dropped 600k for a weapon on my mage and dps jumped from 28k to 56k. I'm already on the 3 paragon level or whatever so now I'll just go farm a3 inferno as drop rates are the same as a4, and there are more elite mobs apparently. Don't plan on doing ubers for a while but I'll most certainly start farming the keys and such. This should keep me entertained when I'm not playing Dota or WoW.

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

How fast can you get to 60th level of your character? is it possible to get there in Normal mode by the end of the game?

12. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

not really, the "difficulties" don't really work like they do in other games.

To unlock the next difficulty, you have to complete the game in the previous difficulty mode.

in addition you need to be lvl 50 to play hell mode, and 60 to play on inferno. (most people reach 60 around act IV of hell mode)

as well as increasing the level (and thus difficulty) of the monsters the difficulties also add a few other features:

elite mobs have more modifiers (waller, jailer arcane enchanted etc.)
    Items can have new modifiers (such as lifesteal and resistances)

EDIT: as for how long it takes to get to 60, I think my first character took about 45 hours (as a rough guess) but being constantly teamed and knowing what you're doing, you could probably do it in 20 or so

13. mansueto

Well, I just learned that you no longer need 700-900 resists to get through inferno so looks like I'll be dropped a lot of my higher resist gear for more STR, VIT, AS and Life on hit. Also debating going to WW as that seams to be the top farming build for barbs. I'll have to see what I can do with the gold I currently have but knowing I can drop down to 500 resists gives me a lot of upgrade room. I'm excited to get back into this!

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

50 for Hell mode you're saying, cool. Looks like I will get there based on what I achieved so far.
    I'm a bit surprised - last night I finished Act 1 - well, I didn't go to next one, cause I want to wonder about and finish more tasks. My Monk has lvl15 and I got to end of Act1 in about 4 hours! That is a bit short I say:( I checked Act 1 achievements and noticed lots of tasks not finished, so will stay here to catch up.
    4 hours for main quests in Act 1 is a bit too short I think. Remembering Diablo 2, where Act 2 was so long, those deserts, then those forests and those d*mn little pigmey hordes - that was pretty long. I hope now game will gets interesting. Also, death of Deckard was a bit... strange...

15. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

hey phinix - i did the same as you - first time round I played it throught nice and slow - yes, I think its annoying that you essentially do all 4 acts 3 times before you get to inferno, but with the "infernal machines" that they added in the latest patch, it actually encourages multiplayer - which is what I am all about...once you get to lvl 60 let me know and I will hand you some of my old monk gear if you like!

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Sweet! Thanks:D
    Now I'm at lvl15, so it will takes a while, but I'm guessing I should be there before end of Act4 at Normal or somewhere in the middle of Nightmare mode, hopefully...

17. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

hmmm - I think I hit lvl 60 in hell difficulty. main thing to remember is that for now you should just use equipment you pick up of the ground that there is no point buying stuff from the shops as that - better save your moneyz for when you hit inferno! :)

if you need help at the end of hell or any levels of inferno let me know! :)

18. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

cool, will do, thanks!:thumb:

19. mansueto

Working my way through inferno, just got 1/2 way through a3 with my sorc who does 55k dmg, and I've only spent 500k on her for a decent weapon until I can farm something better / can't progress. Enjoying all the changes that have been made.

20. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

If anyone wants to take my junk add me. I have a tab full of legendaries but unfortunately they are all sub 1mil.

Comfy#2504