1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

gargh, Battlelog is telling me I need the new DLC pack, but I'm already a premium member with everything downloaded!

Am installing Win8 so maybe that will shake things up a little when I get to reinstall it....

2. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Set origin from english (uk) to english (us) or vice versa and it should download the dlc. I had to do that to download the dlc

3. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I have to agree. They are extremely well designed. The gameplay just flows along. No extreme bottlenecks, just pure awesome.
    As for the crossbow: Its a nice little tool, that can get you out of some sticky situations, or you can just troll dudes. Usually when you shoot and miss, people don't even realize that they were shot at...

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ok, so origin is completely ****ed. Every time I start it it just pops the 'origin has encountered a serious problem' problem with the restart or exit options and thats it, NOTHING has worked. Reinstalled, constantly restarted, restarted my rig and nothing.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I had that yesterday, but it was an issue with EA Online rather than Origin.

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Yeah I also had that two days ago and also did some of my friends. But the next day it worked again...

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Aftermath:

Special:

Funny:

And just for Elton (fancy a duel with it?):

8. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Maybe I should have planned ahead. I've not played for so many months there's a big ass update that's taking its time at the mo.

Just hope it downloads before I'm on my christmas hols. :)

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Jester, you're on! But dude, you've got the ping advantage. Still, you're on!

I'll be on this weekend hopefully, it's been a while. And I like the new DLC, but sometimes, the most satisfying kill is a XBOW kill in HC. So many lols.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've finally got my internet properly set-up in my flat.

Fancy some aftermath over the next few days?

12. adidan

Well, 3 rounds and I'm kidding myself that I got my ass handed to me because of lag :)

Jeez I'm rusty. By the 3rd round I was merely C4ing unsuspecting tanks though :thumb:.

A few days of trying to find my trigger finger before my winter hols and then no doubt pick up aftermath in the new year and join in the fun again. :)

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Love how people think the new DLC is all that.

It's awful.

Have you guys even tried the vehicles, they absolutley suck.

50 cal that don't even put a dent in infanrtry, you can get pistoled out of a gunners postion????

Yeh if you like to run and gun they are okay, other than that they truely suck.

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The game mechanics have honestly been a bit crap for ages. Still it's good for a good bout of fun. I mean there's nothing more satisfying than tying down a team with team comms.

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The vehicles are fine, the 50cal easily kills infantry and your in a expsoed positon to allow enemy infantry a chance to kill you.
    Need to be mobile with the vehicles, though with maps like epicentre dont expect them to be brillaint.

16. adidan

Is Premium not worth it then mate or are there some individual DLCs more worthy of getting than others?

17. adidan

Hey Greg were you on last night capping my ass? Thought I saw the necros in killcam several times, been so long since I've been on I forgot to check the chat and give you a shout.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Really liking the layout of the new maps, even on large conquest they lend towards some epic firefights and some very sneaky manoeuvring around with your squad.

The new vehicles aren't exactly as shiny as those in Armoured Kill, but they can be good fun.

Take a modified Hummer or Vodnik on Epicentre and cruise around blasting everything you see and you can get fantastic runs. Allowing the people to be shot out of the vehicle directly, rather than them sitting behind the safety of bullet-proof glass where they can still take grenades to the bonnet and live, evens out the playing field a tad. A good gunner will lay waste to loads though. Then again I play HC only, so people die after only a couple of hits.

I've liked all the DLC so far in their own individual ways. Each has brought something to the title and allows for a nice variety of maps and modes to be played.

Premium is pricey, but I think it has been ultimately worth it. I've gotten over 550 hours worth of game time so far from it.

19. adidan

Nice to get opinions. I'm going to look into it a bit more when I get back from my hols, I'm glad I had a break though as I was getting too bogged down in stats rather than just enjoying it. I've enjoyed the past few rounds that I've had since yesterday.

A few more maps will add variety I guess. I have noticed that some things don't change, random trolling in the chat and more than is necessary snipers on some maps. :)

20. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Talah Market, I think, might be my favourite map, and Close Quaters has many interesting shooters to play with. I forgot to mention before about the MTAR and ACW-R have bad suppression numbers with them.

So if you use those, you're a dirty glitcher.

This video gives a good look around Talah Market TDM, stays alive nicely so you can see spawn flipping and the flow of the map: