1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. JoshH

JoshH What's a Dremel?

Clutch slip :(

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

*Continuation of my previous post*
    I just got a txt message from work saying I don't need to come in tomorrow as there is 'no work scheduled for me to justify the trip'. This message came from the owners brother (he is my age and I'd consider us good friends, we shared university topics), he also went onto say that my talents are wasted at the firm and wished me the best of luck with my upcoming interviews. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who sees things could be going south very quickly.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

learn to rev match

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I cannot dispute that I should just walk away, and thankfully my mood is starting to swing around a bit which is nice. Have managed to send out an application or two but haven't heard back from them yet.

Insofar as doing my own thing, finances (all of my savings got eaten up during the month of unemployment I had) and the shear number of existing LBS's would see to it that such a venture wouldn't be worthwhile. It is something I've looked into briefly, but I doubt there would be much traction should I decide to go down that route - even though this is the course I keep getting told time and again I should pursue (literally: everybody I know that is aware of what I'm going through at the moment says this exact thing, that I should just go into business for myself).

With my mood on the upswing I am looking, but it is still a little early in the season to secure a good position should I decide to stick with the cycling industry, but we will see.

In the stores defence it seems that the incompetence is limited to just a couple of people that are bolstering up the "bro" culture currently in place, and these people have been there so long that demonstrating any failings on their part is impossible. Great example of this is that there is a mandatory double-checking process on bikes built or repaired by people new to the shop, irrespective of their skill-set or competence. However, an employee who left several years ago to work on the oil patch came back this week not having even touched a bike since he left, but his every word is treated as gospel and his work unquestioned. Whelp, his first big decision? Every bike that comes in gets a 5000psi pressure washing with fresh water, less time is to be spent actually working on the bikes, and an additional (useless) surcharge is to be increased across the board.

Fantastic.

So not only are we now charging more for what we are doing, but we're actively damaging the bikes, negating a large part of the servicing we're doing, causing the bikes to come back at a later date more damaged than they otherwise would be, and we're doing less to them. Single most anti-consumer thing I've ever witnessed at a shop, all because of this one fellow that decided he didn't want to work hard any more at a "real job" (his words, mind you).

The impetus to leave is only getting stronger at this point, as this is not something I ever want my name attached to.

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Maybe it's time you and your colleagues raised this issue with da Gubmint? :thumb:

6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I don't want to cause any hassle while I am currently working there, the issue is raised in nearly every staff meeting (weekly). I have a few interviews for permanent work this week and if anything comes of it there will definitely be an anonymous tip to the tax department once I have left.

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Getting incredibly pissed off with every small thing recently. Gaming I just get ****ed off with far too easily, I want to start culling some of the more ****ing retarded people in this world and overall, I just can't be bothered with anything any more.

8. JoshH

JoshH What's a Dremel?

I can, unfortunately running 320ft/lbs through a standard clutch has taken its toll :(

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Bitten by a ****ing rabid rat. Yes, confirmed rabid.

I start treatments tomorrow after health department confirms rabidity, but foaming at the mouth and violent, as well as all the dogs were scared of it is a pretty good set of signs.

And it tore the side of my trigger finger up but good.

10. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Cracked the screen on my SGS II today while at the gym... even gorilla glass doesn't like 36kg dumbbell's being placed on it...

Then found out you can't just replace the glass on it's own, it's attached to the screen and digitizer (whatever the hell one of those are). >.<

I genuinely have no idea how long I have left on my contract either. :/

11. KayinBlack

Apparently not rabid, just seriously, seriously diseased. And the antibiotics may not cover all the diseases listed.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That sucks!

Around here they don't f*** about with rabies. If you got bitten by something wild, go to the doc, get shots. 7 of them. Across 21 weeks. and they hurt like a mo'fugger. After the 3rd one, the docs will be able to take you off the course of injections once they confirmed negative for Rabies. otherwise you stay on...

Rabise SUCK, because once the disease breaks out, there's nothing that doctors can do.

14. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Seeing these words on the tracking page for my GPU

25 Feb 2013 parcel - dpd two day Carded

:(

15. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Muahahahaha

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am awake; i have work tonight that is all.

I hate having a random day off in the middle of shifts. Its a wasted day of sleeping and being tired at night.

I didn't do anything but play C3 and yawn all day.

17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Gotta go down to where the Ex works to drop off some printing..Just hope I don't see her..

18. suragh

suragh Derp

Slept funny and now my neck & back is in agony.

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

purchesing a wheel from here for a LAN party scheduled for this weekend...finding out the guy was ill ( not his fault ) and didnt send it till last thursday...and still no sign of it :/
    looks like no wheel for a racing lan party :waah:

edit turned up today while im in the bath :/

Last edited: 28 Feb 2013
  20. KayinBlack

So I go to general surgery to look at me and see about my abdominal wall hernia, right? I find out it's not an abdominal wall hernia, it's a bladder wall hernia, a developing inguinal hernia, and a urachal cyst. And it'll be April before urology will be able to evaluate me for surgery.

This hurts like hell. And apparently it will continue to.