1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Learn the maps, learn the tanks you are up against (strengths, weaknesses), read up on the WoT forums about all the tanks and, most of all, don't be a lemming.

Sent from my phone...

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

And use your winnings to upgrade your tank, most tanks start off either glacially slow, turning like a barge and/or with a pea-shooter for a gun and don't become half-decent until they've had a few upgrades...

Personally I'd prioritise upgrades for whatever the tank's deficiencies are... slow/poor hill climber? focus on the engine... turns like a barge? focus on the tracks [and/or turret if there is one] and so on... I also tend to prioritise any upgrades that can be used on other/later tanks too

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

All the above basically, which tank did you go with? the Vickers medium on paper is better but is a massive target. I keep going back to my LolTraktor lots of fun and its too bad a sniper.

FYI guys when patch 8.4 comes out watch out for the Tier 10 British TD, horrendously OP ive ben using HESH ammo on it not even aiming properly you can oneshot most tanks average damage is 1750 and goes up to 2188. Been annoying lots of tanks with this on the test servers :)

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I get to choose the starting tank? I got a Renault something or another I think.

Ok, will invest a little more time but so far not been much appeal...

5. Risky

Risky Modder

Liked the special this weekend. Bought all four US Tier 6 tanks on offer. Holding out for a discount went well :D

6. j.col

j.col Minimodder

I often do the same, had the ARL unlocked for a few weeks, so just waited for a special, as i am in no hurry to buy/play it.

Is the prem Churchill III worth buying? as its on half price now.
    i have a russian heavy crew at 100% just sitting in my garage.
    i already have a prem T34

@sotu1 stick with it, it gets a lot better, tiers 4-6 are very good, once u get a crew to 100% trained, and buy a few bits of equipment, it can transform a tank.
    U will get used to it, at higher tiers, stock (nothing unlocked) tanks, are a grind, but once the tank is elited (everything unlocked) it can be a pleasure playing it.
    the USA M4 sherman tree and the USSR KV-1 tree are the first ones i would go down if i was starting again.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

I would add the US double TD Tree to that. I don't think there are any bad tanks at least as far as Tier 6.

8. j.col

j.col Minimodder

anyone doing the british ammo deal?

with the new patch coming this week, someone found a way of making money (this still has potential to be wrong)

83mm High-Explosive HE Mk.3 costs 85 creds per shell in 8.3
    83mm High-Explosive HE Mk.3 WILL cost 260 creds in 8.4

Buy for 85 now, sell for 130 later. 45 cred per shell profit.

there are some who have spent 10mil+ on this, :jawdrop:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/217469-84-investment-opportunity/

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yup...i think 21,000 83mm shells might be a good investment right now

10. j.col

j.col Minimodder

I bought a Pershing last night, so only got 500k balance :sigh:

11. Risky

Risky Modder

yeah stuck in a spare 3m.

The cash balance had been mounting up, probably due to playing with elited Tier 5 tanks.

12. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

How much are you guys spending on this game then?

13. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

If you want to play past exclusively tier 7 you pretty much need premium to have enough credits to play, or you need a premium tank as an earner.

So thats about £60 a year.

However if you don't mind mining the tier 5 tanks as Risky does you don't need to spend anything, but that won't get you onto the clan wars or tank companies the way the DOW lads do.

14. Risky

Risky Modder

I have put a bit of cash in - garage slots, camo and low tier premiums in the new-year sale. But yes I'm not willing to pay just to grind faster with nothing else for my cash. I still get to play inb the top tier games with the Chaffee and will probably be able to get a few tiers higher without too much trouble.

The Chafee loses money, but only just. I imagine I will see losses on regular tanks at Tier 7/8.

Anyway my new source of pride is my first two crew at 100% first skill/perk - on the T1 Cunningham! The bonus if that I now have 6th sense and a lot of camo on four tanks with the T2/3 US premium lights as well.

15. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Sorry Lance but lmao @ Clan Wars.

Going past tier 9 is pretty much a pointless for your average individual that wants to have fun.

It's but a game after all...

16. lilgoth89

teir7 is the tipping point for earning silver in game imo, the tigers are both fair money earners ( oweing to much cheeper ammo cost, i always found i made more in the TigerP than the tiger, but thats thanks to the silly frontal armour and oddly is ( lack of ) speed meaning your always in the supporting role for the faster tanks where your fair DPS, accuracy and armour work the best
    teir8 can be profitable if you have a good game, or partake in ( and win ) the Tank companies alot, ( thanks to the guys at DOW ). most of my experience in TC was in my Tiger2 where you support the faster IS3s and AMX120s with your rate of fire and accuracy

17. lilgoth89

well thanks to a massive amount of trolling across the forums ( mainly a bunch of buttwipes on the NA server using racist slander against the RU server ) the devs have altered the patch so that all the shells will be sold at 85 silver ( same as purchase cost ) and will increase it in the future
    turrets and luchs is still unaffected ( i belive )
    or it might just be ectar trolling again, either way the shell tick might not gain you anything in the new patch
    but the RU server has been allowed to keep all the profit from their shells, and i belive the NA server has been allowed to keep their profits also...so naturally the EU server once again gets the short end of the stick

18. Risky

Risky Modder

Oh well, I didn't really need an extra 1.5m credits that much.

19. lilgoth89

well the bit that is leaving a sour taste in the mouths of everyone is this
    the RU were givern the patch notes 2 days before the patch
    they all noticed that the price of the shell was going up, and some clever mug, told everyone to stock up on the shells, so alot of the RU server did and made large profits

the EU server will not be profiting over the same deal

also other facts have come to light, mainly regarding that only the russian supertesters are rewarded with gold ( a fairly substantial amount as well )

this is turning into a PR disaster for WG, not that it will affect them much tbh...the money making continues on

20. Risky

Risky Modder

It's an exploit, good if you can get it but they were never going to allow a vast flood of free credits. I won't have lost anything though some fools actually sold tanks (at 50% of purchase) to buy these shells which would never have been worth as much as the tank they were selling.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2013