1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Restore My Documents to Default location

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kronos, 30 Mar 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have been helping a guy out with his build via email and I gave him instructions how to move the My Folders off the SSD to the 1TB HDD.

I normally create folders on the destination drive and then move the originals. Which I told him to do except he did not bother with the My Documents folder so in effect the whole of the 1TB drive is now my documents but without a folder called as such.

It is simple enough to restore to a default location provided there is a folder to restore but I have not got a clue what to do in this situation.

2. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

No need to restore the folder... you can just create a new folder, move the data into in and then go through the move procedure to select it.

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

this ^^^^^^

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What do you mean exactly by the lat part of your post, "then go the move procedure to select it" I want to be absolutely clear when I pass the details on. Do you mean go back to the original My Documents folder and move that to the newly created folder?