1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Sadly it's only one building that can be collapsed.

I also heard talk of the spotting system reverting to the 'magic balls' of the kind used in BC2. I didn't see that myself on Twitch TV last night, but a friend of mine said he saw that.

Oh, just remembered, Pistols get upgrades this time too; such as sights

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Do you mean motion balls? If so - awesome - they were so much better than the current motion sensor in BF3

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Those motion spot balls where awesome. Really great for recon even if they where of short overal range and time usage.

Nothing beats camping a building, with C4 on doorway on dropping a motion sensor. And then boom as the guy walks into building. Ahh the days of BC2.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If they come back they need to do some damage, not a lot, just a little bit on a direct impact.

Killing someone with a motion tracker to the face would be even better than defib/repair tool/Mavtillery/Wall E kills.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have to agree with you. I have done all of the above and it is ever so funny xD

6. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Mate, honestly, at least they listened to the community and brought back what the core and diehard fans wanted. I was super-pissed with the lack of esports functionality in BF3, but that's something that's been addressed in BF4 by the looks of the new spectate mode, as has Commander and a bunch of other mechanics.

New setting, new weapons, new vehicles, greater destruction and much more vertical gameplay. Yeah it's more of a DLC-esque update, but let's not kid ourselves - at least we got what we wanted.

Doesn't make much sense to throw a tantrum when DICE gives you what BF3 "should have had". At least you're getting it!

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have to agree with you mate, I have found BF3 very much worth my time and money. Considering I was new to PC FPS and a complete noob before I got into the swing of things. It's your fault too :p

All those late night into the morning sessions.

8. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Haha indeed! Good times. :rock:

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am looking forward to BF4, not sure how the Commander mode will be implemented to be honest. Will be fun, Casting some Battlefield, whether it is competitive or just pub games.

10. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I'm happy that the Commander Mode is back.

I love how now the Commander can click on a squad leader and get a live view of what they are seeing.

Interesting as to how they are dealing with the commanders assests this time. I used to love sneaking in and blowing up the opposition commanders assets (UAV & Artillary guns). This time, the more flags you control the more assests are available to the commander.

11. Parge

Yeah, that is totally amazing and next gen!

12. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

But have you scored a counter-stab with the defibrilator yet? It can be done!

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/12/4423504/battlefield-4-no-you-cant-blow-everything-up

Just sayin.

but...

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Destruction? How about a comparison with the competition...

and Laarrss Magnumsun PI has compounded community led rumors of Dinos inclusion.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2013
  16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

BF3.5 isn't an entirely derogatory term. It's Battlefield 3, with improvements. Will I buy it? Probably. Will it be more fun than BF3? Probably. It's a Battlefield game, if you're a fan you're going to have fun. I just can't pretend this is anything exciting and new. Just more. And more's cool, but it's no panty dropper* like BF2143.

*Metaphorically speaking. Unless that actually works, in which case Game of the Year.

17. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I might just go out and buy a tablet just for commander mode. When you're playing commander on a PC, can you spawn in as a soldier? I assume you cannot on tablet. I wonder how smoothly you can join a game as commander on PC then transfer it to tablet and use the PC to spawn in as a soldier. That would be rather awesome ^^.

I wonder if they'll update battlelog o_O'''

What do you guys think about the partnership with AMD? If you're upgrading your graphics soon, will it affect your purchase?

18. Parge

No, because TWIMTBP and GE logos rarely make a difference to how a game performs on the two different types of cards. I can remember several Nvidia games that played better on AMD cards and Vice versa.

Also - I wonder if it'll be available on Android tablets as well as iPads. I have a Nexus 7.

19. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Am I right in thinking this BF won't use official licensed gun names?

20. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Oh it's only for iOS right now? That's rather disappointing. If I'm getting a tablet, it's gonna be Android because I'm part of the Android app ecosystem already on my phone.