1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other New phone time..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Korvus, 7 Jun 2013.

?

Which Phone?

1. Samsung Galaxy S4

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. Nokia Lumia 920

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Asus Padfone Infinity

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. Other (please post, NO IPHONES!)

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Can you root the htc for stock android or have they locked it down?

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

If you can wait, there's potentially a super sized HTC One that could launch with Andoid 4.3 (Key Lime Pie)

Also, the next wave of Nexus phones is hinted to be Motorola not LG like the current gen.

Sam

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Wait until the Nokia 928 comes out, and pick up a most excellent 920 for a snap.

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Lo
    Rumour mill is saying that HTC will offer a download of the stock android for early adopters of the one to flash if they want. This is a rumour but from memory the htc one (from memory I could be wrong) has an unlocked bootloader which IIRC means that rooting and flashing should be a doddle. It is a long time since I did any rooting and rom flashes though. I played with multiple roms on my s2 then went back to stock after I had battery issues and app crashes on the roms I tried. That said stock ain't much better!

Remember though if you do flash the so far imaginary htc stock android rom that you lose blinkfeed, zoe and any other htc customisations. Sounds obvious that you'd lose sense but you may forget about zoe et al.

Edit: Sam killer I don't like you any more I'd thought I'd decided on the one. If the max is real I worry it is too big. Mrs Bear has the note 2 which I consider to be too big. I fear the max may be the same.

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'm currently playing with a Nokia 820 as my work phone and have an iPhone 4S as my personal phone.

In the past 6 months I've also tested an HTC one X, HTC 8x, and Samsung Ativ S.

My favourite out of them ll is the iPhone, however if you don't want an iPhone I'd go for the Nokia but not the 920 (too large).
    Windows phone 8 is a nice OS, although lacking in some core apps.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2013
  6. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Yes it is large going from the lumia 800 but you soon get used to it. I couldn't go back to the size of the 800 now

7. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Padfone infinity because you get a tablet screen whenever you want (in theory at least, assuming everything actually works nicely)

S4 because the screen is amazing - Nexus 4 doesn't have that screen calibre.

Whatever you like because they are all preeeetty similar

8. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Nothing wrong with the Nexus 4 screen though, it's still a sharp, vibrant good looking display. It's just that the S4 is even more so. Sat next to each other you'd pick the Samsung, but on it's own I doubt anyone would complain over the Nexus' screen quality.

Then factor in the price difference, which is huge...

If I was going to spend that much on a phone, it'd be the HTC not the Samsung. It's just prettier :D

9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I have an S4 and I'm more than happy with it - it really is fantastic... Android on it is stable and runs really fast, screen is amazing, battery life is also really good. I have the S View Cover for it and I really like it (got it here)

10. bnicholls195

bnicholls195 What's a Dremel?

Also just bought the s4 sim free to replace my aged htc desire. Really happy with it. The screen is amazing.

11. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

Well the winner with 11 votes is the Galaxy S4, which shall be my next purchase.

Just in time too as my HTC One X's battery has further degraded, even with "energy saving mode" on it cannot hold a charge for more than a few hours.

Thanks for the votes, opinions and such :D