1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable How to get Flash on a Nexus 10?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MSHunter, 1 Sep 2013.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

or just a surface rt since they're so discounted right now

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

do you have the flash apk installed mate? If you do you need to use a browser that supports it. Dolphin supports flash AFAIK.

3. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

So, here is my attempt to help.
    Not a fan of the decision to kill flash on Android, but the experience was never very user friendly in the first place. That said, it serves a purpose and I still use it.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html (as faugusztin posted)
    Scroll down/search in page for "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives"
    Grab the top one there - currently 11.1.115.69 - and install the apk on your device.
    Please shout if you need a hand with the above step, if you've never installed an apk, there are few more required stages.
    Grab a browser that still supports Flash on Android. I believe Dolphin dropped support some time ago, but Firefox still works. The version from the play store should be fine. There are others like... Boat browser, apparently? I have no experience with it.

I have this running just fine on my N4 and 2012 N7. I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work on an N10.
    For Firefox, head to the menu (3 vertical dots, should be top right... but layout is a little different on a N10). From there, tap settings > display > plugins > tap to play. Apologies if this is a little off, I'm running 2 versions ahead of the normal release and I think the structure has changed a bit.

I have no idea what your beef is with Firefox. Maybe you tried it before the rewrite or shortly thereafter? Again, no idea of your reasons, but it has been my daily android browser for more than a year. Running Aurora all that time (i.e alpha, unstable builds) and I've rarely had a problem.

The typical issues that you have probably seen are generally due to poor coding on the part of the web developer, sadly, rather than inherently a problem with Firefox. I see lots of scripts looking for android/mobile in the user agent and going straight for "Dis platform haz no flash, lolz betta tell them - no moar checking!".
    Pain in the ass, but it you can bypass it if a website is giving you a hard time. From the menu, hit "Request Desktop Site".
    BAM. As far as the website is concerned now, you are now using Firefox on a desktop Linux box.
    "Much more betterer!"