1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gift for a girl: any ideas?

Discussion in 'General' started by relix, 12 Jun 2003.

1. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

A button down would be a dress shirt. You know, buttons all the way down the front - the kind you wear a tie with. Best thing would be to wear a long sleeve one and roll the sleeves up - dressy but more comfortable and relaxed looking. Don't wear white... Don't wear a "formal" shirt (cotton/poly mix - rigid), wear a 100% cotton or linen shirt as it's a lot more casual.

Don't have the guts to do this? Dude, what's the worst that can happen? Maybe she'll turn 180 and pull the friendship speach out, but that's it. If you make a "grand jesture" like that, and you hook her, your golden. Trust me. I've only had 3 g/f's in my life with the shortest time togeather being around 2 years.

I shoot to kill, I don't have time to hunt for sport... ;)

2. relix

relix Minimodder

okay, I know what you mean :)

lol, some strong advice there, maybe I might just do this :D
    the good thing is: I don't have to see her afterwards, as school is finished, so if it turns out wrong, I'm not gonna have to face her again, if you know what I mean.

3. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

dude, i have to agree with dad, this girl wants you, definatly go for it, with the rose :D (thank god its not near valentines day, prices go up so much. im lucky my g/f likes dead flowers, seriously, :lol: )

4. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Likes dead flowers :eyebrow: :worried:

5. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Maybe? What does Yoda say? Do or do not, there is no try - or something to that effect. Just do it, you've really got nothing to lose and a lot to gain. I want to see this happen within a week. If not, I'll go where ever you are and smack you upside the head! :D

Do I smell a new Project Log? :D

6. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Yup

Go for the rose thing, its a classic !!! (worked perfectly for me)
    and I've been toghether 1 Year 7 Months and a couple of days with my GirlFriend, so I must be doing some things right...

You could go even further

Red rose: Love
    White rose: Friendship

so if you wanna play it a little safer

get her a Pink rose.. and say that a white means friendship.. a red means love.... and tell her u want to add love to ur friendship with her

Ok.. i'm sure u'll find some nice sentence to put that in... afterall u speak dutch so I assume ur not gonna tell it in english

it should be ur own words, not words that have been written by somebody else...

also.. wear ur normal clothes, but then ur 'nicer' clothes... so that she noticed u've done some extra effort... but still be yourself !

hold her hand, look in her eyes, rose thing ===> success garanteed

and from the things she does,.. I can tell u for sure she likes you alot.. but maybe she is a flirty type... in that case

maybe she wont wanna be 'toghether' with you; but she will definatly not mind that U want too... it wont ruine ur friendship at all

so give it a shot.. u've got nothing to lose !!! Sounds like a real nice girl, so i'm 99,9999% sure she wont mind, or think its strange

even if she dosnt have feelings more for you then a friend, she wont mind that u do !

well...
    now stop the forum-thing , and go for it !!! and enjoy it... these are moments u will remember for a long long long time, maybe even the rest of ur live.... the tension.. the stress... thats just fantastic!!!

Good luck

L

:::> if everything goes fine, remember my idea for a gift I mailed you....

7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Ooooo...... I like that one......

I also agree about the clothes. That's what I was trying to say: be yourself, but dress it up a bit...

8. Razors

Razors What's a Dremel?

then again a red rose is always something to get a girl's heart going; there's just something about them, and if you're hoping that she won't be 'just a friend' for much longer, then a red rose could give your chances a little shove. Yeah it's always obvious, but it's incredibly romantic and will get her heart going :lol:

Last edited: 12 Jun 2003
  9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's some funny stuff man :waah: :lol: :hehe: :)

Seriously though, do the rose presentation to her and just hope it all goes well... there's nothing to fear but fear itself! :)

10. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Yeah thats true...
    If you have very good flower store nearby , like I have

U will find about 6 different kinds of red roses

the bright one's
    the dark one's ( classic)
    the HUGE one's , with thick ..; base's...

then my favorite, the dark passionate red one's .. where the edges of the flower are slightly more bright then then the rest...

one rose like that will set u back 2euro's!!! (1,5£, 1,60$) , that aint alot.. but it is for a single rose;...
    then U can let them wrap it up in firm clear plastic... so its protected really well...

then finish it off with 1 single 'lint' .. in a color of your choice... I mostly go for white... or combination of white and red (2 then)

(there are few more kinds of rose's.... cant name them all)

just had another idea , in case u don't like the pink one...

first give her a lovely white rose... and say : " this stands for our friendship, Ur a great friend and I never want to loose u ' (or something like that)

then pull out the even lovelyer red one... and say ...
    this stands for my love... will u exept it ?

:thumb:

11. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Red is the classic and very much "gets to the point" more than the pink one would, however, the pink one is "deeper". I believe that either one would work just as well as long as Relex says what we suggested.

Red: "I wanted to give you something as beautiful as you, but had to settle for this rose"

Pink: Tell her u want to add love to ur friendship with her as Lovah suggests. I can't think of anything whitty to quote to you. Guess I'm too much in "work" mode...

Hell, I sent a g/f a red ascii rose and it worked like a dream. ;)

12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

If Relex doesn't get it togeather with this chick after all these suggestions, there's definetely something wrong! :)

Let us all know how it goes!

Fantastic stuff right there...

13. Razors

Razors What's a Dremel?

I'd suggest just giving her a red rose and letting her speak first. Just smile. The rose, especially a red one, will definitely get her heart going. There's just something about them. If there's a long silence then think of something to say, i'm rubbish at thinking of what to say though so i'm not going to give you advice. I would advise you not to say anything cheesey though. It does have a knack of ruining the moment.

14. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

You seem to forget that women go for that cheezy stuff. I can see where you're going with your idea, but the problem is that even though women tend to beat around the bush, they don't like it when we do that. I still think the best approach is the direct one. Be direct, be borderline forcefull, get to the point and empty your heart. Chicks dig that stuff. If you can produce a small tear, do that too...

15. Razors

Razors What's a Dremel?

haha, it depends what kind of girl it is. i'm certainly not one to go for the cheeseyness and tear in eye :naughty:

16. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Whoops! Estrogen alert! :)

True, not all women are like that, but I've found that even if they say they aren't, deep inside most go for that stuff. I'm talking about touching her heart. I don't think you can argue that if a guy touches your heart with his actions &/or words (in a good way that is), you wouldn't fall for him at least a little...

17. Razors

Razors What's a Dremel?

Oestrogen is how it's spelt :D
    And, yes, you're right.
    I would be touched, though cheesey stuff just makes me laugh most of the time. What i find sweet is just him being himself - not having to think about stuff to say way in advance. I like him for who he is, not for what he can dream up.

18. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Yea yea yea, so I can't spell... Sue me... ;)

If it tends to make you laugh, so much the better! Not only is it sweet, it's touching another good emotion.... Personally, I don't mind looking cheezy or funny if the end result is what I'm shooting for.

No, I'm not talking about a 1 night stand or anything either. In fact, believe it or not, I've never done that - I think it's mean as hell.

19. Razors

Razors What's a Dremel?

I can imagine it to be a bit of a let down. Especially if you were drunk, you'd remember nothing. Some girls like cheesey though, you're right....wouldn't happen to have visited Essex would you?
    :hehe:

20. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Not sure if that was a slam or proposition but if you're askin me... not even close. Take a left and drive about 2000 miles ;). Centreal New York state about 150 miles north west of NY City.