1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Call of Duty: Ghosts Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 7 Nov 2013.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Errr you know you can just read the review and ignore the score right?

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Or do what every other cod fan does acording to most and buy whatever they sell.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah, which is what I did, I was just stating my opinion on number scores in general.

People buy the new ones because other people (their friends) buy the new one. I've no doubt to lots of people they can't understand why people bought BF4 considering how similar it looks to BF3.

4. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

that's the point i was trying to make, i just got ranty. The words and explanation are worth far more than the score, i just don't see any need for scores for games; with hardware it's more understandable as things are more comparable and can be benchmarked and measured, albeit with a degree of subjectivity regarding aesthetics/perceived reliability/desirability of features.

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Loved the review ! Which I only read because I'd hoped they had made a decent effort this time. Out of curiosity I then looked up IGNs review (because someone here had made a comment at some point about IGN's reviews being a joke - they weren't wrong !

6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Well, talk about taking a point completely out of context and being an ass about it at the same time.. Having not played the COD series much, this review was next to useless to me.

I did, It just moaned that it was the same old thing, but sorry I didn't really experience the old thing.

I agree with the suggestion to give it a "worth playing", "Buy Now!", "Avoid!!!" kind of scoring system

7. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Like all the others, when it dips below £20 mark i'll buy it. I quite like them but not enough to spend £40 on it

8. ya93sin

ya93sin What's a Dremel?

That second screenshot with the castle kind of looks like a more modern Total War game :)

9. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I came here hoping for a badly spelled rant from a fanboi about how cod couldn't possibly get less than 99% because of BADLY SPEELED REASONS.

Instead I got an entertaining review, and thoughtful comments. Disappointing :(

10. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

How on earth is that quality of game 60GB!?!

Glad to see its not just another 90%+ auto review just because its CoD aswell.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

BF4 should score similar in truth, Launch week has been awful to play it.

12. ZoomRGS

ZoomRGS What's a Dremel?

Infinity Ward will still make their millions regardless.

13. Fracture

Fracture What's a Dremel?

Ah the fridge analogy was a brilliant opening. The comments which followed continue to remind me that I'm in the right place!
    This review was largely a pointless exercise as I'd imagine the vast majority of people who frequent this site wouldn't go near a Call of Duty title whether the review were positive or not. I know I read it for laughs and I was not disappointed. Nice work!

14. Crunchy

Crunchy What's a Dremel?

It's interesting that a game most played by, or at least associated with, sub-adults is violent, overpriced and has increasingly preposterous storylines.
    Throw in vastly overpriced DLC and a stubborn refusal to lower price and not only have you a recipe for not only the exploitation of a target group with minimal disposable income but the the promotion of piracy as well.

^Bravo Activision!^

As for reviews, i've wondered for a long time if a medal system for good aspects would make sense.
    After bitTech's scoring system rating Batman Arkham Origins (fun, if uninspiring) below the turgid, mildly offensive and thoroughly dull Duke Nukem Forever bewildering me senseless and infuriating me, to some measure.

15. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

16. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I'm enjoying this now after a two day headache with it. It's really poorly made tbh.

http://community.activisionhunts.com/thread/200797404#.UqB7CsRdXH_

If you are running Crossfire and once fixed I must admit I'm quite enjoying the single player (I don't play MP). Whilst it's nothing I've not seen before (apart from the stupid bit in space) I have to admit that this new graphics engine really is soo much better. I mean yeah, same old game, but a lick of paint really does add to it.

Some of it really is rather pretty. The dog looks pretty good too lmao :D

Tags: Add Tags