1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: FrozenCPU: Billet Pron Bench; Sponsored by CORSAIR

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 18 Jan 2013.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Good eye! and Thanks for the feedback, and Happy New year WarNoob! :thumb: ...more tube bending fun, we revised the motherboard mounting plate with opening over primochill ghosts revolver fittings, Much easier to install / uninstall the rigid hard line tubing to cpu and gpu loop :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next stage installing phoyba fans from frozen & mounting 2x 480 radiators with M3 "Screw'd" Anodized Blue Radiator fasteners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Dec 2013
  2. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Blue fans, blue grommets blue acrylic oh my!

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

What is the outside diameter of those anodised fastener collars?

4. mnpctech

@fanatic, that EVGA red crashed that party...lol

@Nexxo, forgetting atm, but will check when I return to the shop

5. mnpctech

Last edited: 28 Apr 2014
  6. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

Awesome "tubing coil" really a masterpiece!

7. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

The case is super sleek and it looks fantastic, but the bended tubes just don't fit. The lines are going everywhere and are totally ruining the clean look the case had. The twisted tube is cool, but not suited for this build imo.

B NEGATIVE likes this.
  8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I dunno... it has an interesting bit of the mad scientist about it. :)

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Love the curly bit Bill :thumb:

10. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

This.

May as well have been done it with normal tube as the aesthetic purpose of using acrylic has been lost.

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

He was trolling Toby, apparently.
    -Also I suspect Winter stir crazy. :lol:

12. mnpctech

13. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Given my passion (read fetish) for all things billet, I'm now wondering why it took me this long to go through this thread.

Absolutely gorgeous design and craftsmanship! I'd really like to get my greasy mitts all over those alu parts :hehe:

If there's one thing, I also agree with Meelobee and B Negative up there. The bent tubing kind of throws this thing out of kilter. Everything else is really precise and geometric, so while the round-bent tubing gives it contrast, it also somehow fights against the rest of the case.

In any case I'm eager to see what you come up with next :thumb:

Darkened

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:D Thank You. I'm glad you liked it.

15. mnpctech

Great hearing your feedback Darkened, it's an honor hearing from you. I understand how the Twisty can be either love / hate, and why I'm including the original tubing. You can tell I'm being silly in the fb video and just read the comments and reactions. I may even change the design again.

16. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Hopefully this doesn't come out the wrong way or harsh in any way because English not being my first language, but I think the tables should be turned around.

It's me who should be honored to comment on your thread (and I am), but I'm not sure I deserve much honor myself. After all, you've done amazing mods and projects along the years (yes, I've been following your threads and website even during my "hibernation"). I on the other hand am still trying to finish my first project, which is somewhat pathetic to say the least :worried:

Well, enough of that and back to the project itself.

When I commented about the tubing, I didn't specifically mean the twisty portion, which is actually a funny part and reminds me of a silly straw. The comment was about the rest of the tubing as well. And there I thought it might benefit from more straight lines and compression fitting angles (don't know if they make angles for this stuff though).

But all in all, that's a really minor thing and things will probably look a lot different when the loop is filled.

Darkened

17. mnpctech

No worries D :thumb: We love watching you document every detail of your build. I cannot wait to see it finished and share it! and regarding this loop, flow isn't any issue with the two D5s.

Lots of changes have happened at Mnpctech since my last update which had taken me away from the workbench. We had also revised a lot of things along the way make so the ending result was better than the concept. This is more spacious, so the cover clears longer cards, and frozen wanted to highlight the popularity of the retail hard line tubing kits as well. I didn't ditch the "Twisty" tube, it will be included with the build, so they can chose which they prefer. I should have final photos done soon. Then it's onto finishing one of my own projects. ...and I need to Thank Corsair again, who were generous to sponsor this project with 16 GB packs of Dominator DDR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

So it ISN'T DEAD!!! :clap:

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You show 8 sticks of RAM & say Corsair sent 16GB packs.
    How much RAM in total are you holding in the pic?

20. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

@IanW: 64Gb? 2x(2x8Gb)
    Either way, I dont think you'll be needing more RAM any time soon... :hehe: This is a great build! I'm loving all these Alu scratchbuilds, especially as it's not just thin sheets being used! :clap: