1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V ASUS Xonar DX - Graphics card EMI - Bad buying decision.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Cellular Peptide, 22 Sep 2012.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Did any of your guys tried to mute the mic and line in input? If so, did it solve the problem?

2. Aprozar

Aprozar What's a Dremel?

Yes. Obviously the buzzing cant be heard anymore on skype or any other chatting program. Tried on different system with another mic / speakers and it has same problem .

3. GoodBytes

So in other words, when you have the Xonar, it's best to use the webcam microphone (or use the mic plug from the onboard sound card) , and leave the Mic line-in of the Xonar minimum volume and mutes. Is that what you are saying?

I am wondering as I am planning on buying the Xonar, despite this issue. I just can't stand my X-Fi anymore.

I wish the sound card market was a lot bigger, like back in the old days, then we would have manufacture actually making quality drivers, and nicer products :/

!!!PEOPLE, BUY MORE SOUND CARDS!!! SLI them if you have too. :p

4. Aprozar

Aprozar What's a Dremel?

5. GoodBytes

Ok so there is nothing that can be done, if it's EMI, and also affect onboard sound cards.

6. Aprozar

Aprozar What's a Dremel?

same problem

Hello guys. Im having same problem for 6 months or so.
    My rig when i had problems first time : asus pz68 lx mobo , ati hd 6850 cyclone and corsair 600 cx psu. Basically i tried almost everything ( only emi i havent) from unified drivers , to removing onboard sound or any other particular sound outputs , the noise was there especially in games. Tried on a friends computer with better spec and he had noise aswell but more lower than mine . After that i sent it back to RMA and got new one back with same problem. For a time i thought its the PCI e bandwith share between audio card and video card that was causing the problem. Anyway , removed the card for 2 months untill i got new components.
    My ring when sound dissapeared: b85-g41 msi mobo , gtx 760 video , same PSU corsair cx 600. So after i bought these i gave my soundcard another try, and it didnt had any issues at all. U cant imagine how happy i was . So i said yes it was the mobo.
    Anyway recently i had to change my PSU corsair 600 cx due to having coil noise when closing my pc ( i couldnt sleep with that electric sound ) . So i plugged new PSU Antec VP 550F W and the problem is back. Now my happiness is gone and i can say im a bit frustrated about this. Many ppl got this problem if you check google and they dont know what it is.

7. Aprozar

Aprozar What's a Dremel?

So i think its something from PSU but i really cant understand whats causing the problem

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

it used to be a problem of emi from graphics card, which you used to fix by getting a bit of card wrapping it in tinfoil, and then wrapping that in clingfilm and placing between the graphics card and soundcard.

this was from many moons ago though

9. Aprozar

Aprozar What's a Dremel?

nope that didnt fixed it sadly

10. Aprozar

Aprozar What's a Dremel?

Hello guys. I have finally fixed it after another few days of brainstorming! The problem was from the front panel microphone. The usb was interfering with microphone. I just removed the front panel usb cable from mobo and it did for me . Hope it will fix your issue aswell