1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education We Like to Ride Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 8 May 2008.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Well, my CX Team has developed a crack around the seat stay/seat tube junction. Apparently its due to the filler used to 'smooth' the welds and was quite a common problem, Although it should have been sorted quite a while ago, so either I've got an old frame or the problem is still there.

Going to ring Halfords shortly and see what they say, because although it appears to be only cosmetic I'm still not overly happy tbh, it's only been ridden twice and only down farm tracks at that!

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

That's terrible.

Keep us posted on what they say. Could be a frame RMA.

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I'd kick up a fuss and demand a new frame unless they can prove that there is no underlying issue with the carbon.

Cracked frame is a safety issue IMO.

4. 13eightyfour

The frame is Aluminium and unlike Cannondale, Boardman smooth the frames using filler which seems to be the problem, the filler cracks which causes the paint to crack, You can see it in the pic below.
    [​IMG]

From everything I've read it is only cosmetic, but I'm still annoyed! There are no other bikes I would be interested in from Halfords either, So I've told them I want it replacing. I'm not sure where I stand if they mess me about though, as the bike was bought through the C2W scheme I can't see how I would get refunded. Although having left the company that it was bought though and paying off all outstanding money including the final fee maybe I could be entitled to a refund?

I see them with 2 options, Replace the frame/bike, or give me a refund (which will go towards an On-One Ti Pickenflick :naughty:)

Last edited: 21 Mar 2014
  5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

How old is the frame? I think boardman only give a 2 year warranty on frames.

Friend of mine broke is boardman and they replaced the frame but his actually broke & was with in the warranty.

6. 13eightyfour

The frame is roughly 6 weeks old so well within any warranty period

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_337 using Tapatalk

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I would go in there and give them some **** :), clearly not fit for purpose.

8. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Anyone had any experience with Birzman multi tools? Tredz has a good offer on the Birzman Feexman 12 (called something slightly different on the Tredz website) in black for £17.95. Looks like a nicely made tool, and exceptionally light at 109g.

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Lew light is built :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Low
    [​IMG]
    High
    [​IMG]

Need to take some pictures with my camera rather then iphone but will update when I've got some better quality ones.

Thinking about maybe making a small batch run of say 20 units, batteries not included so to give people options of what they want to use.
    6 XPG2s in each unit, not tested but its well over 2400+lumens give or take lens loss but the LEDs are being driven at there max ampage.
    Whole light without the gopro attachment weighs 98grams.
    7.4v standard magicshine type pack will work.

10. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Not bad at all. If I didn't have a decent set of lights i'd be interested in this.

11. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

There is decent & then there are these :), brighter and cooler then any commercial product out there including the Hope lights :).

Will upload a sneak peak at my 1off light that I'm working on, its a just because I can concept

12. Lance

Just ordered this.

Crazy discount on a Gilet, which I will need when it gets cold again anyway.

Code GINA10 for extra 10% off.

Those lights look amazing, where are you going to sell them? I love the quality you've put into them.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2014
  13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Just ordered one, cheers for the heads up :).

You should see the insides of the light, unit is sealed with orings on the front plate, mounting plate and cable gland with the glass silicon sealed in place (watchmakers glass)

As for selling not sure yet, might have to knock up a quick website for it.

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I would definitely be interested in one of those lights! Especially with Spring/Summer approaching, my 4am starts will be much more fun to ride to work.

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

:) thats good you are the 8th person to put interest in these, nearly everyone I've shown has put there name down lol.

Going out tonight to test them will grab some pics :).

16. Lance

Out of interest why type of price point are you looking at? I'm assuming the 100-250 area?

17. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

18. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Will sell them with out batteries or mounts as there are so many options out there for people to choose from & unless I can secure a good deal on batteries from a couple suppliers I've emailed then I'll leave it light only.
    Price point £100-125 for the light is what I'm aiming for.

That is some nice chinese Lumens you have there,

[​IMG]

That is our prototype 6 XML 2 U2 LEDs running at 3.5amps which is there max throughput kicking around 1500lumens Each :) so around 5-6000 effective lumens :), took it out yesterday and at full power you can't see the forest lol.

19. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Yeah I bet the quality of that Chinese thing is terrible. I'm impressed with your light, my only worry / critique would be how stable is that bracket with the the additional weight on the opposite side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Started cleaning the garage a bit, ended up building a bike as you do...

[​IMG]

Frames my old 06 kraken the inline seatpost makes it feel so much better. Rest if out of my spares. Feels quite a nice position even if the frames too big for me.