1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Official Watch Dogs Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 6 Apr 2014.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Sounds like another Ubisoft triumph to me.

I'll wait until it's fully patched and/or under a fiver and take a punt.

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Might be worth a good chuckle. All you playing Watch Dogs are now expert hackers perving on people in their bedrooms. Skip to 5:20 for Watch Dogs, or enjoy it all for CoD driving kids to suicide.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

How come my system, SLI GTX 760s with a quad core CPU & 16GB of RAM struggles with this game with its poor washed out graphics and yet copes with the beautful vistas of Crysis 3 with everything set to 11?
    I mean what were Ubisoft thinking?
    Didn't they playtest it on a decent spec PC and think, WTF, was is this **** looking game running so slowly?
    Surely we are going to get a backlash.
    Ahh **** it, let's release it, PC gamers are always whinging and console owners won't notice the difference.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Cause the game is not supporting SLI correctly so its basically just a 760. The minimums under SLI are not going anyplace. Whilst Crysis 3 supports SLI And CFX very well and offers 100% scaling under most scenarios. Most New games are like this Sleeping Dogs hated SLI and CFX on launch now it runs smoothly under both.

SLI and CFX require AMD And Nvidia to both have drivers ready for the games you want to play, The latest drivers from both are ment to help alot I have yet to try them personally but most are saying they are seeing huge gains.

Thats the problem with going SLI in general with 2 slower cards if the game does not support it properly your left with the single card and by itself the 760 is basically just a rebadged 670. Its why most review sites refuse to recommend SLI and CFX setups.

5. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

Any news on ubi fixing this broken game! I am so glad i have my Wii U to keep me going (mk8) wish i never upgraded my PC to play broken games.

How can they not play the game before its released and realise it runs like ***t.

6. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Total biscuit basically said the same his rig is ridiculous and was getting as low as 40fps on ultra I think, the graphics are good but not so good that they should be that hard to run.

Almost glad I didn't win it in tgs comp as I would probably get about 1 fps.

7. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I forced myself to complete the campaign then moved it out of my SSD and into storage. I think to myself that I'll leave it for when I feel like blowing **** and and stuff, but then I realise I've got Saints Row 4.

8. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Bought it two days ago for my PS4 and it runs perfectly fluid and smooth whilst looking very impressive for a console game!

Technicalities aside, I love the idea of playing games in general, but when it comes down to it, I mostly have a hard time enjoying myself when playing games lately.

But I can't seem to put it down!

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I got it for PS3. It's a pretty good game and, similarly to Sheiken above, it's very hard to switch off. 'I'll just do this and then..', 'Oh, I'll get that done and then..'
    And then it's 2am, there's no cheesecake left and everyone else is throwing zeds.

10. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Exactly! I really like the narrative of the game, and that is something that I often find very lacking in sandbox games.

Worth every penny in my book. :thumb:

11. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

not run into any issues running the game, other than its poor selection of resolutions it'll run at. I modified the ini file to run it at 1440p, everything ultra getting 45-50fps.

so far finding it a lesser game compared to sleeping dogs, feels like a lot of the stuff is lifted from there. driving feels less fluid than it did in sleeping dogs, cars dont show damage as well (its either nothing or the whole thing is missing doors (slight exaggeration) but in sleeping dogs there would be panel and paint damage)

12. gravgen3rd

gravgen3rd What's a Dremel?

It didn't deliver the way I expected it to but nonetheless, it's still a good game :D

13. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Watch Dogs mod brings back original E3 effects

14. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Well I've tried out the mod, wholst it does look good it cuts my framerate from 58-70ish to sub 30 on ultra at 2560x1080.

Also the dof when walking is just ridiculous, it's as-though Aiden forgot to get his glasses when he woke up.

Album of the mod here: Linky

15. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

I'm up for trying the mod, really hope they just PATCH these effects back into the game, make it look so much better!

EDIT: Is it as simple as removing the two files to remove the MOD?

J.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The issue I have is I am Vram limited not to mention some problems with my actual RAM at the moment. I had to turn lots of things down. 3gb just isn't enough even at 1080p.

Looks like I will be swapping out my 780 for something with more vram.

17. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

I'll get the mod installed and see how it runs on a Titan, 2600k and 8gb RAM. If it's not smooth at 1440p It'll have to go, non native res looks rough.

J.

18. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

I've read in some places that this is not so much a mod, as it is turning on some features that were actually already in the game, just not activated.
    [​IMG]

Of course now people are popping up everywhere saying that this was an evil plot to make the PC version look worse so more people would buy Xbone/PS4 versions.

Not sure what to think about it. It really being a plot seems a bit unlikely, but it is strange though that they would leave out some perfectly working features.

EDIT:
    Changes in the newer version:

Last edited: 16 Jun 2014
  19. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

That's version I've downloaded. This who are using it I think understand it's simply turning on what was already there. Back when the original E3 reveal aired.. It simply looked amazing! That's the game I want! No doubt they turned it off to get playable frame rates on consoles.

I'll be trying it out later, really hoping it runs well.

J.

20. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

I had a play this morning with the new mod..

Yeap, lighting.. and in some cases textures, did look more detailed.. Didn't like the blur/DOF tho.. you cant see more than 3 foot infront of you. It did seem to flatten out some of the stuttering problems tho, especially when driving around.

Although as one of the extra settings is for LOD, you cant help but think its a tweak here to save GPU there. As most of the new 'graphical sparkle' comes from nothing more than a change in the options file.. 'Runtime' to 'ultra' - you have got to wonder why they just didnt have 'ultra' in the menu to start with? - or was it because the consoles have no need for it! ;)