1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I've bought several humble bundles over the years. If they say "more to come", then they mean it.

If you buy the bundle before all the games are listed, you'll get emails from them saying "We've added <GAME X> to your bundle, come get it!".:thumb:

2. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

MGR is 50% off this weekend on steam. for a tenna its a ****ing glorious experience.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dishonored for £2.50 on steam. Now i want this game and just when i have money but not the bank card to update paypal for payment until tomoz. Grrrrr.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Epic game. One of the very best I've played in years.

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Want me to nab a copy for you? You can pay me back when ever.

It is excellent yes, the DLC is also well worth getting, so the GOTY edition would be my pick.

Mr Happy likes this.
  7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks for that kind offer Speed, the offer is still there so going to update paypal today and grab a bargain

+Rep for you :thumb:

EDIT: Done, GOTY version

Last edited: 18 Jul 2014
  8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Does dishonored pick up later in the game? I bought it in a previous steam sale, but never got past the pub due to profound boredom.

9. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Depends how you play, its the same thing right through but you do get new enemies later in the game like the tall boys and there is a great Thief reference much later on (going after Daud mission)

You can go for high chaos which really mixes things up or go slow and steady and work through it, bear in mind though if you go high chaos you get the bad ending and swarms of rats and dogs on the street, there are 3 endings in total so playing stealthy you do get more from the game.

10. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

No problem, enjoy! :)

I actually purchased it near release, played it for 40 minutes and couldn't get into it. Then one day I decided to give it another ago and got completely hooked. Think I have something like 80 hours into it now doing two runs in the game and DLC, which feels like the right way to play it. A fun kill everything that moves run and then a Stealth kill nothing run for a challenge.

So yes it picks up and is well worth keeping at it until the proper missions start. :)

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Definitely does, though I would say I thought the last level was pretty weak. And there are some parts where the game has been clearly limited for consoles.

Still great fun though!

12. oscy

oscy Modder

What were you bored of?

There is a bit that sucks a level or two near the end, but otherwise it ain't bad, and if you like those missions where you infiltrate a party or mingle, there's one of those too.

13. VipersGratitude

I thought the gameplay and feel echoed the art style; Mechanical and paint-by-numbers...
    Although, now that I think about it, I have the same criticism of most UE3 first person games. Perhaps it's just that my familiarity has bred contempt.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I didnt get on with Dishonored either. it just felt wrong, that and the god awful uncanny valley animation that also plagued bioshit infinite.

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

And I thought I was the only one around here that couldn't get into Dishonored. Yay! :lol:

16. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just when i buy a game i am filled with confidence, thanks guys :lol:

17. VipersGratitude

Or it's tempered your expectations on a massively-hyped game, allowing you to appreciate it even more ;)

18. VipersGratitude

Sonic & All Star Racing: Transformed is £3.74 on the Humble Store for another 3 hours. Great wee game.

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Good spot. So much fun, especially with friends.

20. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

The Humble Square Enix Bundle is out now!

"Pay $1 or more for Thief Gold, Mini Ninjas, Daikatana, Hitman: Codename 47, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and Anachronox. If you pay more than the average price, you'll also get Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: The Fall, Hitman: Absolution, Battlestations Midway and the Nosgoth Veteran Pack. Those who pay $14.99 or more will receive all of the above, plus Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Just Cause 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days."

More games to be added later too!