1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

At 14:44, that is me in my Borsig :D

And OMG !! Did it really happened yesterday !!! QB vs Cricon in random battle !!!! :jawdrop:

http://www.twitch.tv/quickybaby/c/4623602

2. Risky

Risky Modder

This is rather good:

3. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

All happened today
    ---------------------------------

My 1st Radley-Walter at Tier 8. :rock:

I used to suffer lot in AMX 50 100 but looks like I am getting better as this is 2nd Ace in this month :D

[​IMG]

Break my highest damage record in a battle today but the team :duh:

- 6,869 Damage (Pic is bit blurry)
    [​IMG]

4. Risky

Risky Modder

Nice work. My best of the weekend was Aceing the SP, my first at T8. Crazy battle much helped by the legendary KptStrzyga and I somehow survived accidentally switching the HE for a while as well.

[​IMG]

5. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

After reading the plans for the KV-1S (one of the highlights on a line that was slowly getting power creep'd from the top down) I no longer have any wish to pursue any Soviet heavy tank line...

Maybe I'll get a T95 or something....

6. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

What plans?

I've finally unlocked the 122mm on it, don't tell me its getting nerfed.

Just found some of the changes:
    - the top gun remains the 122mm D-2-5
    - DPM nerfed from 1525 to 1220
    - reload time nerfed from 15,34 secs to 19,17 secs
    - ROF nerfed from 3,91 to 3,13
    - gun accuracy nerfed from 0,441 to 0,46
    - aim time nerfed from 3,26 to 3,45
    - accuracy spread after turning turret nerfed by cca 10 percent, various (quite strong) accuracy on the move nerfs, but the accuracy while moving maximum speed without turning was actually buffed somewhat, so we’ll see how exactly will this behave
    - depression nerfed from -8/+25 to -3/+20
    - weight increased from 43,97 to 46,5 tons
    - the engine power remained the same, but hp/t got nerfed from 13,6 to 12,9
    - forward/reverse maximum speed nerfed from 43/11 to 34/14
    - terrain passability on soft terrain got actually buffed a bit, the others remain the same
    - viewrange buffed from 330 to 340

What the actual fudge.

Just as I'm getting the hang of the tank they pull this BS? Now I've got to try and farm as much XP to get to the next teir before this comes into effect.

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

well wargaming are starting to look at the mid teirs, and more specifically those that over perform for whatever reason
    Kv1S
    Hellcat
    T49
    SU100

those are the ones that stick out and will be ''rebalanced''
    nerfed

i think its a good move for the game tbh, as the stat-padders will be forced to move on ( again )

8. Risky

Risky Modder

I think they're trying to pick on one tier at a time, so it's the tier 6 standouts atm. I'm just trying to get the Hellat to 6th sense before the nerf comes. I already have the M6, Jumbo and Jackson on 2nd skill so kitty has never really been my favourite to take out.

9. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

5k potential damage !! hehehe :thumb:

Same reload time as KV-2, so what is the point of driving this tank !? :confused:

10. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

The KV-1S would've probably been just fine with just a speed/maneuverability nerf but they went crazy on it even more than they did on the Foch 155.

I wish they'd do the same thing to the waffle.

Heavy tanks in general seem to be on decline which is unfortunate since those tanks make up the front line usually.

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I just got an IS-3 - after a fun grind from the KV-1S & IS tanks. I had enough free XP to get the Turret and just 5 rounds to get the extra needed to get the top gun (one below not terrible). Engine already unlocked on the IS as well as second radio. Just Tracks and top radio to get now.

Only played about 12 games in it, but so far, really like it. Coming from a mainly German heavy and German TD line, it's weird to get to the IS-3 and be able to drive head on at an enemy bouncing shots as people panic.

12. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

(My 1st) Radly-Watler's at Tier 9 made my day !! :D

Repley

[​IMG]

13. Risky

Risky Modder

Looks good. The M103 is the T9, I'm closest to at the moment.

Last edited: 28 Jul 2014
  14. lilgoth89

recently ive been having some horrible games...i just cannot get a good team recently.

i got the matilda, and i promptly lost 9 of the 10 games i played in it ( and not close games either, i got mines and my ''team'' were 11 - 1 before i even got to the hill )

i took the ''curse'' tank AKA my m103 that is a tomato magnet and lost 15 -2, 15-1, 15-3 in the 3 games i played

i even took the M7 priest out for a spin and in its game i shot 11 shells and 8 of them landed OUTSIDE the aiming circle

installed XVM to see what was going on, and my average win chance of the day was 21% over the 15 games i played, and i only won 2 of those ( and i carried a seal club game both times )

so i took another week off

i think in the last patch they have tightened up the 'bell' of allowable win curves as my stats are taking a nose dive and my teams are noticeably getting worse

15. Risky

Risky Modder

So why isn't it hitting me? http://www.vbaddict.net/progress/veryrisky-eu-18448d35b99a514e86ade88688890d76

Seriously, just relax, turn off XVM stats and promise not to look at your XVM for a week or two. Grab a platoon with anyone not wearign tinfoil, concentrate just on your own play and see how you do.

It's more fun to just try and win battles, that trying to increase a stat.

16. lilgoth89

i dont care to much about the stats, but i do care about a balanced and getting into games where the outcome isnt decided before the match starts. i understand that losing is a part of this game. However the amount of one sided games recently is beyond a joke, games where you dont have a single hope in hell of affecting the outcome of the battle. My game with the matilda one enemy tank killed for the price of 11 of our tanks in the opening 2 and a half mins of a battle ? and before i have even fired a single shot at the enemy. NOTHING anyone could have done would have won that match ( unless WG decided to let me ammo rack everything i shot at )

my favourite games of all time were in the goold 'ol days with balanced teams / maps and the game would hang in the balance all match, it was tense until the last shell was fired.

a one sided ROFLSTOMP isnt fun for me ( even if i am on the winning team ) as there isnt a sense the battle could swing, there is no atmosphere. a good battle should be tense. well balanced and result in a hard fought victory, or go down guns blazing in a narrow defeat where you can say 'if i had done X differently that could have been a win' and not ''WOW all the lemmings are dead to a couple of tanks, im about to receive buttsex AGAIN''

it seems once Wargaming did their large TV advertising spree, and won the golden joystick. that was it as far as decent teams. the quantity of horrible players went soaring

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Remember, it is the school holidays so the number of simply wretched players has multiplied at least five fold.

I tend to avoid Friday, Saturday and mostly Sunday evening's when the tomato plant seems to drop all its' fruit on the game, I also avoid the school holidays as well.

It makes a big difference to my frustration levels by minimising the number of CoD players simply "running and gunning" in a tank.

18. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

This is when I tend to play....

19. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Prepare 23k free xp to unlock the 2nd top gun, don't dare to drive with stock (T29/T32) gun. best part is you can mount everything without the track.

Its a good overall tank, I am liking it. :)

20. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I actually love playing around that time. With a team that's good enough to NOT get rolled on at least 1 side of the map, my presence on the team is usually enough to push a victory through :). If we get rolled there's nothing I can do though :p. I'm not the best player, but when I get to face the noobs that come out during this time I look like a unicum. They just don't know how to position their tanks and flow with a push ^^.

For the past several weeks since the patch, I've had a lot of wildly one sided games, but I don't think it's above the normal number yet.

I did have one game that MM was clearly trying to make one sided where we actually pulled through though. We were on Mountain pass; I was on the northern team. MM saw fit to have all of our highest tiers be mediums and TDs and all of the enemy's highest tiers be heavy tanks. This was a tier 8 game and I was rolling an AC48. I took one look at the top and thought "we're screwed..." We had 1 heavy (tier 7 I think) and the rest of us were mediums, TDs, and lights. There was no way we were going to hold a line against IS-3's and Tiger 2's I thought. Lo and behold, the enemy team's heavies were all noobs. Every single one of them went ice road. We sent like 2 mediums there. They stopped at the bend and proceeded to attempt to kill said mediums unsuccessfully for half the game. Meanwhile the rest of us mediums (and me) swept the south in a wolf pack and outflanked the heavies before even one of the ice road defenders died :p.