1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

Played only scouts for the special tis weekend. Really just the M5 Stuart and M24 Chaffee. Haven't had so much fun in solo tanking sessions for ages.

The M5 now has 6th Sense and I'm playing to play it a lot more regularly as it is a fun little tank.

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

One word to describe the 15CM gun on the E100: WOW!

It's like a different tank, and for the first time in the German Heavy line, you get some Derp. Ok the reload is bad and the pen is not great, nor the accuracy but when you hit and pen, they take notice! not used HE or HEAT ammo with it yet.

Since I didn't enjoy the Panther 2, can anyone tell me if the Centutrian MK1 is worth the grind from a currently fully upgraded Comet?

3. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Lots of people including Jingles says Centurion 7/1 is on of the best Tier 9 Med

But the stock grind in Centurion I is HORRIBLE !! (Unless you have done the heavy line first)

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Ahh. I have done upto the black prince and comet, both fully upgraded.

I also just picked up and su100 at tier 6. Not nice with the stock gun but it's the only way to the su-152 and isu-152 herpaderp Russian TDs and since I have had so much fun with the kv-1s and IS tanks, it would be silly not to try the TD variants.

5. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

The su 100 was great for me.60% winrate the su-152 just doesnt seem to work so well for me the stock gun when it hits and damages is hilarious, but its a big WHEN I havent got the top gun yet but the middle one seems a downgrade.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Maybe the SU 100 is one if those vehicles that comes alive when you get the 100mm gun. The stock guns poor accuracy and low shell velocity is a tough pill to swallow coming from the German TD gun accuracy.

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

lol just picked up a chatban for being racist

what did i say ?

Englishjohn (20:36:40) where bouts in the uk are you from goth
    lilgoth (20:37:03) im from the black country
    Jay9704 (20:37:46) Lilgoth banned for Racism

8. Risky

Risky Modder

Was that in General Chat? Anyway please appeal that one just to inform them.

9. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

LOL before having read it properly I was going to ask if it was the super noob Jay9704 that banned you. That guy makes bots look good. No surprise to find out it was him who banned you.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2014
  10. lilgoth89

^^ he really does seem to be a smart kettle of fish
    his stats are awful...i seriously wonder what the criteria of being a mod entails

12 games played 12 losses average win chance today...a whopping 16%
    i was even ''lucky'' enough to find the SAME platoon of teamkilling AMX50-100s TWICE
    each one netted me 1500 compensation, just enough to cover the 18k repair cost of my M103

im seriously contemplating just packing the game in now...its just to full of retards to bother playing much

i used to have great fun in 7v7 as most of the 'tards stick to random battles

speaks for itself really....

last 7days 25.00% wins

Last edited: 4 Jul 2014
  11. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Anyone notice more bots/afk than usual? It seems like there is at least one in every battle now.

12. lilgoth89

^^ yup

definatly a lot more than normal, ive seen full platoons of afk / autoaim bots recently

run out of AFK reports in 3 battles today ( a personal record )

13. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Try EU2.

14. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

TBH a bot would be better than half the teams I have had today!
    It seems like a race to die as soon as possible.

15. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Is there any reason to have more than 445m view range?

If no then Coated Optics is best for Tanks with 400m view range, right ?

16. Risky

Risky Modder

There is, because the 445m is just the limit on what can be seen, but the actualy spotting range is reduced by bushes, tank camo, camoskill, camo net. So binocs allow you to see more things within the 445 limit.

Obviously this is only relelvant to a tank that will be ok sitting still for 3 secs!

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Any tips on equipment for the Comet? I assume a vertical stabiliser and coated optics?

It is fully upgraded otherwise.

18. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Thankfully, I've only had 2 blatant teamkillers on my team for a while now, one that I didnt notice until he got booted, another that got stuck between a rock (Me in a KV-1) and a hard place (some randomer in an SU Tank Destroyer I think). He'd already damaged 2other tanks after turning blue, including 1 badly damaged (light tank down to about 5%). Tried taking a shot at me and bounced so I blocked his path, let the SU pin him against me, and watched his shots bounce off me as he struggled to get away while the SU planted a few shots up his arse.... fun times xD

Any clues on equipment for a JagdTiger 8.8cm (Premium Tank)? I'm guessing something like binocs so I can actually freaking see the guys in no cover shooting me, yet I cant see or detect them.

19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

After being stuck on a 51% WR for what seemed like forever, it looks like I have finally broken through the WoT induced "we shall make everyone fit the bell curve" barrier...

[​IMG]

Helped I think by concentrating on playing my Jagdpanther II, Hellcat and ISU-152 mainly.

Of course with over 15k games, it will take a little while for my recent stats to (slowly) increase my overall stats.

I'm sure if I could find the time for more 7v7 and platoons things would improve faster.

20. Risky

Risky Modder

7v7 battles don't go into your overall stats.