1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darkstar Died 7/19/03

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr. Roboto, 20 Jul 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

Well, in a sad day in the history of Towson, and those people involved in the resistance, a dear friend of just about everyone died 7/19/03 at approx. 3:15 AM going from I695 to I83 North on the big turn. Darkstar, real name Kevin, was driving drunk and fell asleep behind the wheel, drove off of the turn, and flipped his Ford Bronco. Driving drunk, Kevin has set an example for everyone that knew him. A good friend of mine Kool-Aid knew him very well for a very long time, as well as Dave Betz, another friend of mine. Both shared many stories in remonissing on the night after the accident, attracting attention and the appreciation of everyone. From the moment I heard, I had to get myself up to Towson because EVERYONE was going to be there for him. I heard the news, got my shower, and went up there at about 3:15 in the afternoon. Everyone was quiet, and eventually, many, many dear friends of Darkstar's showed up, and those away cancelled plans to return before the funeral. The police of the area, the local security guards, and the people of the area knew what happened and left everyone alone. The police were nicer to us the night after the accident than any other night in my memory. Even the security guards heard of the event, and left us alone, when we would have gotten yelled at before. At about 6 PM, there was a little get together at a local spot, where we all spoke in his honor, and cried later. We loved him, and we cried for him that day. Setting an example, Darkstar will never be forgotten and will always live on in our hearts and forever in our minds.

[​IMG]

R.I.P. Darkstar

You all didn't know him..he was 21 years old.

2. sik

sik Banned

No sympathy from me. It's lucky that no one else was killed.

:(

3. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

Shutup sik. It's good that no one else was hurt, but the dead do deserve to be mourned.

4. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Its a no win situation, some one died at a young age, but as silk implied it was only brought upon himself (was he just over the limit or rat arsed?) and fortunate that no one else was hurt.
    Many other people will suffer due to this accident, such as family and friends.
    If you don't mind me asking he was involved in the resistance of what?

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

shame he died so young. a good thing that no-one else was killed though. I have to say it was a silly thing to be drink-driving and it should never have happened.

RIP

6. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Poor familky and friends, drink driving is bad!

7. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Sorry but i have to side with sik a little, i'd never drink and drive, it's obviously dangerous.
    It's a pity that people die from it :sigh:

8. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Yes it was stupid, but whats the point in being moral about it now for gods sake, give the guy some dignity its the least he deserves.

RIP

9. Carbon

Carbon Banned

10. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

He died out of stupidity and deserves nothing from anyone. :blah:

11. GiGo

Ok maybe he doesn't but his family and friends obviously loved him and wouldn't really like this discussion going on!

I think what he did was stupid - and I have driven drunk before and been in a few cars with drink drivers - its a bad idea, no one should do it! The lwas there for the purpose.

His family and friends deserve support, just because some of us think he was stupid and he should not get any respect!

One of my friends dad died drink drving when the guy was 6 years old! He unfourtunatly killed another person. No one could make up for that! My friend has been left without his father for the rest of his life - and that sucks - however it was stupid of his dad to do it!

Bottom line - Give them support and keep the nasty comments to yourselfs

Mods - could you please delete any negative comments in this thread.

12. pho

pho What's a Dremel?

Ditto. Who was this guy?

13. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

You will notice one of the comments is from a mod. The point is that it is a fair and valid comment. The guy died because he was an idiot.

14. GiGo

I did notice that, but to be fair, if he had died in a normal car accident we would all be saying how sorry we were to here it.

I personally think drink driving is bad, the guy isn't coming back, he's gone forever, I think we should support the family and not argue of the issue about drink driving, it is WRONG!

15. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

I am sorry he died and my sympathies for his friends and family.

But, having said that, I also have to say that he brought it on himself. Drinking and driving should never be mixed, no matter what.

16. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Im sorry the chap is dead but like everyone else here says he was a fool. Yes he deserves some mourning but he aslo needs to be shown as an example of what he did. Drink driving is one of the most selfish stupidest acts anyone could do. Imagine if his car was packed and he hit another packed car for good measure. Thank f*** no one else was hurt thats all i can say.

17. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

I think some people are forgetting that this thread was posted as a TRIBUTE to him and not as a flame session, or a debate on drink driving. If you don't hold any respect for Darkstar at least have some for Mr. Roboto, even if you only show that by respecting the purpose of his thread (as you would with any other) and familly and other friends who knew Darkstar. As GiGo said they really wouldn't want his death to be used as an excuse for this I'm sure.

18. sik

sik Banned

Mr. Roboto, has he done this often? Drink and drive? If so, he got what was coming to him, and thoroughly deserves his punishment. His family and friends don't, but that's his fault again.

19. Slick

Slick What's a Dremel?

We all make stupid mistakes/decisions in our life and you shouldn't judge him because of 1 thing he did. I agree you shouldn't drink and drive but he certainly didn't deserve to die.

RIP

20. Clockworks999

Clockworks999 What's a Dremel?

I used to drink and drive, or rather drink and ride my motorbike. This was nearly 30 years ago, when d&d was not so unacceptable. One night, on the way home from the pub, I suddenly found myself sitting on the bike in the middle of the road, having crossed a stop sign at a T-junction. I did not remember getting on my bike, or riding the 2 miles to that junction. That really scared me.

Since then I have not driven if I have had any alcohol in the preceding 12 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.