Darkstar Died 7/19/03

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr. Roboto, 20 Jul 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginguskahn

ginguskahn What's a Dremel?

If he had run a kid over because of his drunk driving you would all be calling him a murderer now.

2. sik

sik Banned

That's because he would've been.

3. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

Yes, Darkstar did this often. Yes, he had it coming to him, but nonetheless, he was a great guy, just like anyone else, and always treated people with respect. When he was drunk, yeah, he'd be stupid just like anyone else. Anyone that knows him knows that they would get punched in the face if they tried to take his keys...but, as someone yesterday put it..It would be worth it.

Darkstar was involved in local public rights.

4. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

I disagree. He cannot ALWAYS have treated people with respect else he would not have habitually gotten drunk and gone driving, and how much respect does it show to punch someone in the face if they try and preserve your life and other people's by taking away a drunk's keys?

Like the right to not get mown down by a drunk driver?

RIP

5. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

People seem to forget that Yes drink driving is bad, running someone over is bad, But if the person you hit isn't looking out for a vehicle, walks out in to the road and then gets hit by a car / lorry whether the driver is drunk or not. It always looks very bad on the driver. I know drinking impairs your judgement & reduces your reaction time, but if your sober and are speeding, (i mean by as little as +5MPH) and you just can't stop in time, because the 5MPH increases your stopping distance by enough to prevent you from hitting the person in the road. Then surely your just as bad.

so who here breaks the speed limit in their cars?? (even by 5mph) Anyone who says they stick exactly at the correct speed limit is lying. Speedo's (aren't that accurate either).

Now who's the bad guy.

Now getting a little more on track.....

Before everyone criticise's, just think. I know this is a forum and everyone loves to dish out their opinions, but show some compassion. Kevin did a foolish thing, but no one deserves to die. I've known many evil people, that I had wished had died, but I realise I don't wish that on anyone. My stepfather used to beat me and my elder sister, but was a great dad to our younger half-sister (his daughter). Eventually my mum divorced him. I actually got on quite well with him after that, a few years later he died of cancer. He didn't deserve it and nor does anyone else, whether it be a drunk driver or a helpless pet.

Please people show some respect. If you don't know the guy, or think he got his just deserts, then you'll probably be a lot more help by not posting.

I mean It's your opinions guys, but there are people grieving. I didn't even know Kevin, but I think a few of you have just gone a little too far with your opinions.

So everyone hold hands, sing Kum-by-ar and dance round an open fire. :thumb:

Last edited: 20 Jul 2003
  6. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

thanks, craigey. I respect you more than a lot of people on this forum now.

close thread, please.

7. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Closing by request.

Welcome to the Internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.