1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Has anyone ever owned a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 22 Nov 2014.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

naah man, naah.
    We had a lot of Capri's around here when I was young...and they were aaaaaaall rust brown...:D

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Yes I meant my model which is a 2000 323ci (or might be badged a 323i).

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I had very much considered a Z4. I do like the look of them but I felt really cramped in the convertible version so I suspect the same for the hard top. Cayman just felt a little more spacious which it might not be but I felt like that...

In a completely different turn of events, I saw a Jag XF which for a similar amount of money will be a couple of years newer and the 3.0 V6 premium interior one as well. I'ma head off to the Jag dealer now and have a look see...

EDIT: Incidentally, for not much more you can get a Bentley Continental GT 6.0.

Hahahaha. That's funny.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Or even a Ferrari 550M.

The cost of keeping them fed, watered and on the road though, that's an entirely different matter!

A few years ago at the tender age of 27, I was thinking that a Conti GT would be precisely what I needed for my next car, who can argue about the asking prices of low mileage examples?

I now drive a semi-sensible diesel saloon. How things change when you hit 30 :hehe:

5. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

In the same way that you can get a lovely Maserati 4200GT for ~£15k but the bills are hilarious. Whilst the Bentley will be better in that regard on some of the bits shared with the Phaeton, it's still an £80k car with running costs to match.

What is it you're actually after? How can you go from wanting a Cayman to a pretty ordinary (base petrol engine) XF? I can't think of any attributes that are similar except that they're both premium badges.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

I had similar Ideas about a boxster or a Maserati 3200GT a bit over a decade back. The running costs though...
    Wait till forty :D

I went from a 220 horsepower turbo coupe to a more than boring sensible diesel estate with two kiddyseats and strapon videoplayers in the back

7. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I had a look at one but decided on a Q5 diesel at the time. More practical for my needs.

8. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Had a 944 for 12 years, No problems other than wear and tear and the head gasket but by then it had done 220k ! I am aware the engine was a jumped up audi but the car was a rock.

Don't get why anyone gets a Cayman, Porsche do sports cars very well but thats just a glorified mummy mobile for school runs !

EDIT: Got my cayman and cyenne mixed up. GO for it LOL

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Don't say that, man! My plan at this current moment in time is to replace my current car with the next 2-3 iterations of the same car again and get something horrifically impractical and expensive when I'm 45-50 :D

10. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

You might want to consider an Audi TT RS if you're interested in a Cayman.

11. Xir

Xir Modder

right, also a woman at least a decade younger is required for a proper Midlifecrisis.

Problem is, I did all that when I was 29 :D

(She's also the reason for the required kiddyseats that didn't fit into the horrifically impractical and expensive purple lightning) :eeek: