1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod of the Month Mod of the Year 2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Combatus, 23 Dec 2014.

1. snef

snef What's a Dremel?

its a honor to be nominated with these all spectacular builds , Thanks you

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Wow some real humdingers in there. But a few that grabbed my attention during the year, will be the ones I'm voting for.

The standards get higher and higher each year.

Well done to all in there, you all deserve it.

3. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Thanks for the nomination! It is really an honor! Good luck to all! Lots of hard work done thing year in the community!

4. shinji2k

shinji2k Minimodder

Ditto for me, it's an honor just to be in the same mention as all these amazing builds! To be honest, I'm having a hard time even voting for my own project :p.

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Holy moly, this is a ludicrous year indeed, so thankful for the 3 votes for each category. This might take longer than I'd care to admit.

Thank you to everybody for the nominations! It truly is an honour to be included in this year's lineup.

6. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Congratulations to all the contestants,Yay!

Finally, the organizers have been worn down and the comp has been split in two. The master stroke is to have an overall best build of the year. Great idea as we get an approximation of a true MOTY.

7. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

If it was only 1 vote per category, I'd have a bloody aneurysm trying to choose! This forum showcases some SPECTACULAR talent. 1 vote per category just wouldn't be fair.

8. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Wow, thanks for the nomination! Means a lot. Good luck everyone

9. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I'll take complete credit for the overall best build ;) Glad we made progress with the voting - our dev gave lots of support too in customising the poll so you have him to thank too!

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

That was my thinking too. I do have a mod that stands out for me, just, but I'd be deliberating for weeks with the scratchbuilds.

11. alain-s

alain-s Minimodder

What a nice Christmas present, Eden in top 10 case mods of this year. What a honor thank you bit tech and all the people who voted for this project.

Merry Christmas to everyone wish you all the best! :D

12. Farsan

Farsan What's a Dremel?

Congrats to all nominated. It is hard to decide!

13. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

Thx for the nomination! It's an honor!

14. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Glad we all made it here. Great bunch!

15. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I'm honored by the nomination. Thanks!

16. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Congrats guys, some very nice builds.

Nice to see the two categories this year. Made my picks.

17. Maki role

Well given how much watercooling has come into the mainstream recently, it's to be expected that there will be a lot of interesting concepts and builds around. Although I think it's a bit of a shame just to eliminate builds simply because they use water cooling. I know it's all personal preference, but it ruffles my feathers a bit when people make judgements based on blanket statements rather than the individual merit of the builds. Still, it happens every year when somebody has to complain that their particular preference wasn't catered to by the community vote.

18. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I wouldn't presume to know which mod you are talking about. ;) But I voted for three scratch builds and one mod. The one mod (in my opinion), towering over all the builds (both categories) in the comp this year.

19. Maki role

See to me, given how efficient hardware is nowadays, the cooling itself is basically a non issue, this goes for both watercooling and aircooling. I mean a teeny heatsink is enough to cool an LGA1150 i7, even with minimal airflow. I don't really care about the temperatures either, for most likely the same reason why you don't care much for the lower temps from watercooling. They don't really mean anything anymore. 40 degrees doesn't yield any changes over 60, it's just another number.

As such, I now look at the cooling used as an extension of the design. IMO watercooling is fantastic fun as it presents so many options, some of which are for genuine home creations still. Air cooling is very limited in that regard, making your own heatsink is often prohibitively difficult if you're cooling hefty hardware after all. So rather than looking at it like that, I look at whether they've taken a route that maximises the features you can achieve with the respective cooling method. Like I wouldn't watercool a NUC, it would just take away from the tiny size IMO, but I would be disappointed to see a large rig filled with heavy hardware going without water treatment as the opportunities presented are so numerous.

20. Corsaronero333

Corsaronero333 What's a Dremel?

Thank you very much for the nomination