1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Yeah means they can take him back at a later date.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

edit

ninja'd

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Come on Sky, sign the three of them up now.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I was thinking more along the lines of the latter is harder to appeal, had be been outright sacked there's the chance of clarkson going after the beeb for unfair dismissal or the like and successfully appealed or not it could've gotten messy...

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Well I always supported him being put on suspension because of what he'd done but sacking him is just a ****ing inconvenience.

I agree he needed to be punished but surely an apology, some anger management training and maybe even a fine would sort it out better than letting what is honestly most peoples favorite show on the BBC just walk out of the door.

6. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Oisin's statement:

His lawyer's:

7. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Yes, I agree. But its easier to write than not having his contract renewed, and in the context of my post it was sufficient... ;)

And that's why I think we will see the rest of the current series being aired in completeness (probably with some daft ridiculous send-off/death ala the 1st Stig...)

8. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Probably a lone voice...

It's about bloomin' time the BBC took this action.

In years gone by you had decision makers in the BBC keeping the likes of Jimmy Savile involved with the corporation even when other aspects to it (EG The Children In Need team) saying they had to keep him away because he was so toxic to their image.

Crank it forward to 2015 and you have a lying, racist, sexist, homophobic bigot like like Clarkson being forgiven time and time again because he's popular and helps Top Gear bring in some serious cash.

Sure he's funny, and entertaining but he's also a **** that can't control himself enough to play by the rules. He was given a 'final warning' knew he had to watch his behaviour and yet STILL assaulted a colleague over a dinner menu.

I love that he's going over having a temper tantrum over not being offered any hot dinner dins.

Says it all about the man.

9. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Sorry for the double post... nvm

One thing that does confuse me, wasn't there a twitter feed capture that purported to show Oisin stating there was no physical contact?

Edit: it was posted earlier in this thread

Confused. Although a trip to A&E could've come about from a push, shove or a trip resulting from a rapid retreat from JC's rant...

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

As soon as there is a whiff of the three of them willing to stick together, the TV companies will be lining up to throw money at them.

11. lava

lava Minimodder

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

he`s very lucky he wasn`t reported to the police!

gross misconduct - proven , a complaint by any witnesses to the police , even now , could result in a custodial sentence.

you don't go round hitting people in a sustained assault.

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Don't think the show will be back id expect Sky to offer bbc cash for the rights and just hire the 3 of them to run it.

Richard changed his Twitter feed to say ex presenter as well so they are all going to leave. I won't be watching 3 random people it works cause of the 3 of them will just be another car show now if they do Continue it.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

"As much as I think he's a Nob - I quite like working with Jeremy!" Made me LOL. :)

17. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

North Yorkshire police have asked to see the BBC's internal report, saying it will be "assessed appropriately and action will be taken... where necessary".

19. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I mean this does show that Top Gear was genuine, they were really 3 best friends, and sticking to your best friend is a huge statement. They will go to Sky, and we will probably never see those last 2 episodes.

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Press Association are saying Sky don't want him.