1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Are Amazons delivery times......

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 7 May 2015.

1. Addie

Addie What's a Dremel?

Prime has always been spot on from me, it's only when it's not Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon is it any slower. Of any online shopping I do I'd say that I have had the best experience with Next, order up to 2300 and next day delivery, their returns service is really good too.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

All you people experiencing problems with late deliveries (especially Prime account holders) need to do is call Amazon customer service and politely complain. You will probably get one of two responses:

1) I'm sorry to hear you've had a problem, I'll see that it's looked into. To say sorry for the inconvenience, here's a discount code off your next Amazon order.

or

2) I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with delivery times, I'll look into it for you. As a gesture of good faith and to apologize for the inconvenience, I'd like to offer you a free one month extension to your Prime membership.

Items which are "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" should be next day on Prime. I live in Northern Ireland, where a next day courier service is typically two days, a 48 hour service is three working days and so on, and Amazon are one of a few e-tailers who can actually have deliveries here next day as long as it's ordered before the cut-off time stated on their website.

The only other places I order froim on a regular basis who can do the same are;

• The Networking Store, who use the woefully expensive but dependable FedEx. £20 unless it's literally just a bag of connectors.
    • ebuyer, who use a flat rate £10 DPD service for large offshore deliveries. It's free to business users if under a certain size and weight.
    • Audio Spares, who are ridiculously good at getting stuff out less than an hour after you've placed an order (my last order was shipped within 30 minutes of me placing it!) and use RMSD or Parcel Force, depending on the size and weight, at a flat rate of £6.99.
    • Thomann, who as far as I know also use the same FedEx service as The Networking Store and can have stuff here next day from Germany if ordered early enough in the day.

Last edited: 8 May 2015
  3. Xir

Xir Modder

Same here, the return policy is just so much better when fulfilled by- or direct from Amazon.

I whish there was an option to show only "direct or fullfilled by amazon"

Oh, no Prime, and most stuff is very very fast.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I've made it an explicit policy not to buy anything from Amazon that isn't fulfilled by Amazon, and to always buy a product sold directly by Amazon wherever possible. I'd love to see them add a filter for "Sold by Amazon", tbh.

I've just ordered a couple of books and have requested next-day Locker delivery (£2) so we'll see if they arrive on time (after recent poor delivery experiences). I just don't order enough stuff from Amazon to justify £80 or however much it is for Prime, and when it only costs £2 to have stuff sent next-day to the Locker about 5 minutes from my house it's a no-brainer.

As an aside, I absolutely LOVE the Locker service :D It's so much more convenient just popping into the local shop to get my stuff out of the locker rather than having to make sure someone's about at home to take delivery. The only downside is that the lockers themselves aren't enormous, so the maximum parcel size is probably less than a foot on a side. That's a pest, so it'd be great if they introduced bigger lockers.

5. Unicorn

That's pretty much what the "Prime" filter is. I have the same policy, although occasionally I do have to buy from Amazon Marketplace sellers. Only reputable ones, obviously! I just ordered another SONOS Play: 1. The delivery date is Monday and I have no doubt it'll be here then.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've found myself using Amazon more and more on the basis of Prime, the JIT model is great and saves so many trips to brick and mortar shops when I can't wait a few days for something.

Last weekend I ordered something Sunday evening (after shops had closed) and it turned up on Monday (bank holiday no less) before anything had opened... simply amazing.

Not once in the last 12 months and 235 orders have I had an item miss its delivery slot.

7. Unicorn

Dayum, that makes my total last year look like rookie numbers! :D

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I ordered a load of decorating gear and unfortunately not all from the same seller total delivery time for everything? 10 days.

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Perhaps it's personal?

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Perhaps. LOL.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just been told by Amazon Customer service that deliveries by Amazon Logistics can be anytime between 9am and 9pm that is a fantastic service as not only does it ruin your day but also most of your evening.