1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh goody, I'm away all weekend :S

I'll hold on for now. It's not costing me anything and I just have a handset on speakerphone next to me :)

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

oh yes...

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

There's been loads of reports about the "Dual Cost" issue on orders, I've got exactly the same thing on my Email, and loads of people are saying they've only been charged the full £99.99 on Reddit and elsewhere, so I think it's just an issue with Game's system reporting it wrong.

Oh, and for what it matters; My last name starts with an L, and my order was placed around 10AM on the 16th of June.

As for graphical looks: The earlier ripped shots were taken from PS4, then seemingly fed through JPEG encoding about four times before finally hitting Imgur, while the PC shots were taken on an old-ish machine, so I'm not sure as to what the settings used were.

The Bethesda stuff, however, is a bit cheaty, all of their 1080P screenshots are taken with the game turned all the way up to absolute max and downsampled from 4K ontop of existing AA, but everything should look almost the same as far as colour and textures go, just not quite as sharp unless we resort to the same actions of downsamping the game.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2015
  4. Vault-Tec

Well in the end after two hours I gave up on hold.

I've still not been charged anything though nor had any emails.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

my pip boy pre order has been cancelled - really not happy at all.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Cancelled but still reserved for you, sucks but you just have to wait.

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

no its cancelled - I called game earlier and they said it was flagged cancelled on their system

8. Vault-Tec

Still nothing here so I will take no news as good news.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Bellow is from Games Facebook.

Though if you pre ordered in store then I think you need to have a word with them, that deposit that instore pre orders took should guarantee you your Pip Boy edition.

10. Vault-Tec

I got on an email on Friday which said my game was ready and I had to go to the local store to pay for it, then I got an apology email saying it was wrong. I phoned Game and they checked my pre order and said everything was perfectly fine (this was tues or weds, can't remember).

I asked Game back in June what would happen if the payment did not go through and they assured me that if it did not they would call me and take payment but my pre order would be safe.

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I did the bad thing and preloaded it.

I'm not bothered that the graphics aren't super advanced, it never does with games like this. As long as the story is still interesting and immersive like other Fallout games, I'm not bothered. I know there will be mods anyway for stuff like textures and fixing bugs. The modding community is great.

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I recieved the same emial, upon checking the facebook group for Fallout 4 (run by game) the info put there and tweeted out said that the email was sent in error. Online orders are all processed online and not in store.

You can't order online and then go and collect/pay for it.

13. Vault-Tec

Just got this...

Hi

Great news! We've started processing your order and will have it ready for delivery very soon.

If you've ordered more than one item then your order may turn up in multiple deliveries. Also, please note that if you use our online tracker it may show your order as 'shipped' - this means we have packed your order ready for delivery - get ready for release day!

Edit. They have taken the funds from my bank account too, so, all looks good :)

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Not sure if I want to plunge into Fallout or give my money to EA yet again for Star Wars?
    Best to wait for reviews first I think

15. Vault-Tec

Isn't that Star Wars game just a skinned version of Battlefield?

To me at least (and CPC according to their original review) Fallout 3 is one of the best games ever made. No Star Wars game ever has even come close to that.

I guess it just depends whether you want to be jumping about with mates going "pew pew pew" or whether you fancy a more lone role in single player.

16. Vault-Tec

Yay, just got shipping confirmation :)

Any one else?

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

That is what is putting me off Star Wars, just another battlefield game made to look different. I am not saying I wont get it but I will more than likely hold off.

On Topic, this game looks different and should have plenty of life in it, this is way different to what i am used to playing but that is what is appealing, again I might wait but my money is moving towards Fallout at the moment

18. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

This time tomorrow we will have witnessed yet again how the end of the world happened ^_^

Preloaded on both my Pc's last night, only downside i've got my dog food arriving some time tomorrow and due to it being amazon i've got no eta of what time so will have to keep listening out for them:( But still got the day off. plan to get in from work get an early night so i can get all house work done early tomorrow, walk dog ect then my day will be spent on this game.

So much for completing Assassins creed before tomorrow that may take a back burner for a while

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just bought my copy, just went with the Steam version. Managed just fine with the Steam versions of the others.

Talking of which, had a bit of a bash on New Vegas again over the weekend with everything turned up to the highest settings I could, still a few iffy bits here and there but still looks pretty great. Hoping that I'll be able to do the same with 4.

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Put the dog on guard duty! Let it earn its keep.