1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Small UK based CNC company - One off

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 21 Jan 2016.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I'm sure this has been asked a few times before,

I've got some pieces i require milling from 316L Stainless Steel both pieces equating to about 45mm x 40mm x 15mm (roughly) with the thickest wall thickness being 4mm at a guestimate. This is a one off project.

I've found some alternative options to getting this done but i'd rather find someone smaller i could have more interaction with and discuss the nitty gritty than a large company who would want fast turnover.

At the time of starting the project i'd hopefully be able to provide a 3D printed version as reference along with detailed engineering drawings.

Anyone know of good ones?

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

3. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Maybe the boys at Parvum might help you out?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Doesn't look like they offer milling, only folding and punching.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

One of our customers does milling/machining and the like - www.excelda.co.uk

Chap that owns it, Ian, is very nice. They work with a few of our other customers, and they're always satisfied enough to go back, in various industries.

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

They've defo got a mill as well, doesn't seem to be on the website.

7. DeadP1xels

Thanks chaps, Very keen on this so would be interested in hearing any more as it progresses.

currently i'm on the cusp of prototyping something :)

I have the cash for a 3D Printer so i'm considering setting up a detailed plan of what i want to produce to send to a machine shop.

8. DrDantastic

DrDantastic What's a Dremel?

Machinist here. I might be able to help if my workload isn't too manic in the next few weeks. I'm often pretty busy so there's no guarantee, but I might be able to find someone else to do it if I can't.

9. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Where are you located? The (admittedly multinational) company I work for use pentland precision for building cabinets and hydraulic rigs. Their CNC machines are second to none. Punch through 25mm 316ss without skipping a beat.

They also like new challenges, so don't let then being a large company put you off.

Might be worth looking them up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. DeadP1xels

Thanks chaps, I've been researching some 3D printers within my budget to atleast get some ABS prototypes together.

Aslong as i can get something printed possibly hand sanded and then assembled i'll be satisfied approaching a company.

I'll go about contacting the company in the coming months hopefully, Watch this space!