1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Battlefield 1 [5]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 5 May 2016.

1. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Cheers folks. 5 hours of single player isn't too painful so I'll give it a go at least (but if there's any AI dumbness...). :)

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Just pre-ordered the Early Enlister Digital Deluxe Edition..... can't ruddy wait!!

3. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I'm sooo tempted. Still waiting to see some videos from the E3 to convince myself.

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

That was some tasty streamage! The game looks totally gorgeous and that blimp crashing down in a ball of flames!!

(Also bonus of Terry Crews playing with mouse & keyboard, you go Terry!)

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I absolutely love Ian's channel and have been looking for an excuse to post some of his videos on Bit. This one is on the guns shown in the BF1 trailer and their actual history.

Ian McCollum is a firearms expert and historian who runs the Forgotten Weapons channel and collaborates on In Range, both on Youtube. He is also active in the ongoing project to identify the weapons being used in the Syrian Civil War and where they may have come from.

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

7. Ream

Ream What's a Dremel?

As much as I am looking forward to this game I cant bring myself to pre-order it, even after playing the alpha there is just something nagging me about it. Anyone else feeling its being over hyped?

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I watched some of the live stream last night and to be honest I wasn't that impressed, in fact I was bored after 10 minutes; I really don't get any of the hype.
    The horses look nothing more than a gimmick and the players all seem to run around at a 100mph.
    Flyboys are going to love this as there doesn't appear to be any way for foot infantry to resist them and the only way for foot infantry to take out the tanks is to run up to them and throw a big hand granade at it.

They were really hyping up a sandstorm coming in - wow, big deal, they've already done that in BF4.

As I signed up to Battlefield Insider a while back, I've now had the email about early entry to the Beta and will give it a go. By now, I would normally have pre-ordered as I've loved the BF games (hardline excluded as that was total bobbins), but I have no desire at all to order this one.

The friends I regularly game with have all pre-ordered so I am glad there is a beta to try. If it's good I'll buy it, if not I'll be sticking with the games I am currently playing as I'm not going to hand over my money just for the sake of having the new BF game.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, BFBC2 and BF3 seemed much slower than BF4 and BF1 to me - not just in movement but in TTK too. They seem to be just going after the COD audience really, not my thing at all.

10. Chris_Waddle

That's how I see it. It's getting more and more COD like all the time.

I loved BF for it's squad / team work, slower pace, vehicles and slightly more realistic approach. It now seems to be aimed at people with a 5 minute attention span who couldn't care less what the rest of the team are doing.

11. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

I disagree - I like BF4 and there nothing wrong with my attention spa... oh look a squirrel!

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's a DICE game, of course it's over hyped and of course it's going to only sort of work on release. Anyone over 25 who doesn't know the pattern by now has no excuse.

Speaking of which, also not pre-ordering.

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Relevant:

[​IMG]

I won't be pre-ordering either.

This exact same post could have been about the Halo franchise after the release of H4/343 Industries takeover. Once Bungie left the building, it became Call of Halo and the entire feel of the game which made it unique and enjoyable disappeared.

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I have slight hope for the launch of 1 based on all the work done on the BF4 CTE over the last few years..

If they add in the triage system, and all the HUD / colour options on day one as well as the higher tick servers we've got now, it shouldn't be bad at all...

That being said I will probably only pre-order it about a week before, and ill still get Premium simply for the ease of not having to remember about buying DLC's etc.

15. Parge

On top of the CODification - the £30 entry, plus £30 Premium package puts me right off. You just know its going to be like SW:B where there is hardly any actual content in the base game, with the majority coming out in DLC further down the line.

16. Chris_Waddle

Just been playing some BF4 again as I thought I'd get in the mood for the BF1 beta.

Looked on Origin, they want £105 for the full version of BF1 - they can go make love to themsleves if they think I am going to pay that - no BF1 for me - no game is worth that!

17. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

I saw that too - I thought it must be amazing if they're charging that much for it! :naughty:

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Just buy it at local retailer. For example here in Slovakia, Origin asks 59.99 euros for the basic version. Retail store ? 44.99 euros. And i guess same will be for the Premium too, so we already talk about 90 vs 120 euros including premium. And if it is going to be anything like with BF4, then within a month, it will be down to 60-70 euros including premium (that is how much i paid for BF4 one month after the launch).

19. Parge

Well, you've chosen the most expensive option there to make a point, you can get the standard edition and the season pass for £50 for base game, and £40 for season pass, so £90 all in. Additionally, as others have pointed out, why would anyone pay the highest price they can find out the net? I can see even Amazon have the base game for £40. So, overally, sure, still expensive (too expensive for me given the amount of content in some of DICEs recent games) - but nowhere near £105.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

will be avoiding this, its just more of the same but with better graphics. not sure what the hype is all about. BF3/4 still the best imo.