1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Friday night was steak night.

850g Wing rib. #noveggies.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Just as it should be :)

3. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

*Dribbles in Pavlovian style*

4. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

hopefully as long as I don't blow it up, a DIY direct drive kit.

They normally retail for around £2.5k to £3k? but I got the kit form and putting it together. Its not that difficult.

Learnt about new connector types like Neutrik, how to download a 3d template (3d file) from the thingy (site hosts 3d cad files of parts shared for free) and send to a 3d print shop for printing.

The wheel is a Simoni Racing Nurburgring Steering Wheel but I will be getting some thing different later on.

Will review and post thoughts on it once working compared to a "low end", t500rs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I thought I'd given up on finding a girl that's not also a sociopath, but this really hot nurse that's texting me lately... I might not even mind if she is one! :naughty:

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

job offer, not the best salary but I can get **** moving again now :clap:

7. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Started tiling my kitchen walls which are as crocked as **insert politician of your choosing**, turned at 100% better than expected.

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

just kicked off a new car mod for assetto corsa and will also come to GTA 5, its so beautiful I cant take it, going to really work on this to get great impression then engage the vendor which should respond in kind since I have ok back ground, mod will be for free to promote them I really like the look of their team, passionate about automobile. Not sure when to pull the trigger with my email to them lol, once it has 200k views on you tube I guess. ill try to do it better than even they could as my life dependant on it.

9. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

That's the spirit! I'm in a similar boat, except I know she's certifiable. :hehe::hehe::worried::worried:

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My T-SQL triggers work.

Never worked with triggers before - I tend to work with data warehouses and BI systems rather than normalised OLTP back-ends - and my audit trail triggers worked first time.

Of course something will probably fall flat on it's arse when it gets to test and/or production, I'd be worried if it didn't.

11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Triggers are cool and all, but they also have a few haters. They can cause problems such as obfuscating the data flow process / code and cause problems if they are used with in conjunction with things that can't be rolled back (communicating with external systems for example)

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

True. But this system is an extremely low volume (20-40 users) diary tracker which is totally self-contained (aside from backups, but that doesn't count in terms of data flow). The only process updating these tables will be a front-end application which I am writing from scratch, so I have total control over what happens.

Using a trigger seemed to be the most logical way of doing it; instead of my UPDATE statement containing all the logic for creating a historic audit trail I can separate that logic into triggers and (hopefully) make it easier to debug.

The only other devs that will touch this system know enough to figure it out, and those that can't figure it out will have documentation (since I can't control who touches my stuff if/when I leave... but then it'll be NOMFUP anyway! :D )

13. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

An upgrade to Virgin Vivid 300. Not bothered about the download speed, but moving up from 12MB/s upload is a big improvement.

14. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

The crazy ones are more fun in bed, but not worth it in the long run. Enjoy while you can :thumb:

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Just got home from seeing Band Of Horses up in Shepard's Bush. Was really really good.

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I am now officially an inventor ;)

Just found out that a patent has ben granted on a fixing clip that I designed for standing seam type roofs to allow lightning protection conductors to be held securely enough to stay put under the EM effects of a couple of million volts (plus a hundred thousand amps or so).

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Will you be a rich inventor in time?

18. Almightyrastus

Nah, it's taken so long to get the patent issued (almost 7 years) that the clip I invented is now obsolete and has been replaced with an upgraded model. I am owed a small amount now that the patent has been granted ($500) but other than that, nothing much.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Oh well, I'll just file the begging letter away for now then.

20. Almightyrastus

Yeah, might be for the best...