1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases CaseLabs Bullet BH7 ATX or Parvum M1.0 ATX!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hitman, 16 Jan 2017.

1. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Any owners of these two cases here, who could help me decide which to go for!?

I need to down scale and move my system into a smaller case, but at the same time I'd like something which shows it off and has good support for water cooling.

The BH7 is tiny and I prefer the motherboard orientation in it, but for the same price I can have a customised M1.0 from Parvum. I was speaking to Sean at Parvum about a custom colour scheme as I'd like to pick up the colours from the motherboard (MSI X99 Titanium) and use these for the colour scheme in the build, and he sent me over a lovely looking render.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Much as I love Case Labs I'd support a British business and buy the Parvum without question, especially with that lovely colour scheme.

3. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Yep, I do like the idea of supporting them, especially as they are just over the bridge from me.

Hmmm I wonder if I could get them to flip the M1.0 on its side and remove the "feet" from the panels :clap:

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Do 2 builds and get both :naughty:

5. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

If only my bank balance supported that :D

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

After all of the issues I have seen with Parvum lately I would buy a Caselabs.

Not being funny or anything but I've seen some true horror stories with people who bought custom cases. Parts being wrong, delays of a couple of months etc.

It seems they are too busy and unable to cope with the demand of their services.

At the end of the day though it's your money and your choice. If you are not in any rush and can hold on for as long as it takes then go with the Parvum.

7. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Hmmm, thanks for that. I've only ever had one Parvum for a brief time and that had issues, but I thin it was due to being a B Grade item.

8. Vault-Tec

Buying a standard Parvum that is cut and complete is the best way. It's when you want things changed etc that it becomes a problem.

Two guys on OCUK are building custom Parvums and were given the run around something rotten. When the case was finally sent the mid plate was wrong and it took ages to get a replacement sent.

One of the guys building into a Parvum was told his case had been shipped about four times but all that had happened was an advisory had been set up with UPS but nothing had actually shipped.

All of the while some one was building two or three computers with full access to Parvum's machinery out of hours, yet when the question of "Why does Justin not work out of hours to get orders completed and out?" the response was simply "I don't want to work that hard".

It's just not a good way of running a business. I mean sure, every one needs a break etc but when you run your own business you are literally working 20 hours a day sometimes. They just don't seem to want to confirm with that sort of work ethic.

That's fine of course, but when your orders are being delayed and people are waiting it makes you look bad.

Excuses, personal reasons etc. None of that flies to me. It's business.

Big Elf likes this.
  9. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Right, seems like its best not to go for anything too custom then. Some different colour panels shouldn't be too much work I guess.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

On the flipside, my experience with them was absolutely flawless, and this is the first I've heard of anyone else having issues.

Basically, anecdotal evidence is nigh on worthless and you should choose whatever you like.

11. Vault-Tec

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

All I got from that is a customer who made a wrong assumption who then apologised to the vendors for it, then a mistake in design that looks like they addressed fairly quickly,and some asshat (possibly with a chip on his shoulder) trying to stir the pot.

13. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

In my experience, Justin is a top fella. Pop over and see him - and make the call for yourself :thumb:

14. Vault-Tec

Read it all. The OP was apologetic but shouldn't have been. Thanks for calling me an asshat. Appreciated.

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Fwiw, I don't own a Parvum but I have corresponded with them about a case (back when the mITX box was still pre-general release) and they couldn't have been more helpful. I've not previously heard anyone suggest that they were anything other than excellent, so I find V-T's criticisms a little strong for someone with no dog in the fight.

16. Vault-Tec

Two sides to every story. I'm glad you (and others it seems) have had good experiences with Parvum. That's normal for any company.

However on the flip side there are the negative experiences and I've seen quite a few instances of the bad. It's silly to think that a company do not make mistakes and so on. They are human after all.

OP (here) asked what case he should get. From there people have made suggestions as to which he should get. No doubt Caselabs have made some mistakes too.

17. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

This has been helpful - When spending this sort of money on a case its good to hear some opinions on peoples experiences with the manufacturer as well, especially so in the case of Parvum as it would be a non standard colour setup.

18. Vault-Tec

Yup the guys here definitely seem to have had more luck.

[​IMG]

Is another example. At the time RJK was an employee of OCUK so would not go into specific detail, but a mate who apparently knows him told me the case was wrong, times were a joke etc etc. In the end he pretty much gave it away for postage he hated it that much.

Also know, Parvum cases are like marmite. Some love them, but as you can see some clearly don't.

I'm not being a deliberate ***** here, I just want you to know the full picture. Yeah, I did possibly over react when my mate was being messed around but he was being a bit too submissive and I am always one to stick up for people when I think they are being screwed, it's just my nature.

19. XNine

XNine What's a Dremel?

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? We've never made a mistake! Ever! (please denote the sarcasm)

I haven't talked to the Parvum guys in a few years, honestly, but every time I did it was cordial. I guess I'm here to play Devil's advocate, because sometimes, no matter what you do or how hard you try, something just gets screwed up. We're all human, and it happens. I think what defines a good company is how they treat their customers and respond to mistakes.

Even then, I don't think it's fair to judge a company based on 1 or 2 reviews that were bad. Sometimes there's people who just can't be pleased, or the mistake was corrected in a more than timely fashion but the end user didn't update the status. Things happen.

When it comes to people and the internet, I personally tend to take things with a grain of salt unless there's a ton of evidence and there's a lot of it suggesting otherwise. I've read reviews on products I bought that worked out well for me but were blasted by others.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll end up with a product that you will love, whether it's from Parvum or CL. Go with what is going to round out your build to your taste.

20. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I like the Parvum guys a lot and I really do like their cases. It does seem like they have been dropping the ball a lot recently though. I have been getting a lot of reports of people either waiting ridiculous amounts of time, having parts missing or simply getting no replies to emails for weeks etc.

Now, I know the Parvum guys are very busy and they are a very small team, it might simply be they cannot keep up with demand, but they do seem to be struggling somewhat. I hope not though, I have known them for years and enjoyed a good many beers with the lads. They are good lads and I hope to see them back on form soon!

I am a bit disappointed in my Caselabs though as well tbh. In fact, it is in my shed doing nothing at all. I wanted one and couldn't decide which to have. I bought a S5 and it just really isn't what I was looking for. It isn't an issue with CL or anything, just a little disappointed with what I chose :D

Don't let people put you off buying what you want though. If you want a Parvum, just expect to wait a while if it is anything other than stock, or if there is anything wrong with it. If you want CL, just expect to pay a good amount and make sure you ensure it is what you want :D

Last edited: 28 Mar 2017