Multi Far Cry 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pete*, 28 Mar 2018.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I had a silenced sa50, silenced 1911, silenced m60, and the rat4 with locking. Between those and the shovels there wasn't much I couldn't do.

Except fish. Fishing was an arseache.

2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I’m focusing on getting my perk points from stashes. No interest in fishing whatsoever.

3. liratheal

Yeah, I raided most of the stashes. I think there was one in Whitetail that was half way up a mountain with no clear running path - After I got Cheeseburger as a Fang I didn't really use vehicles, because Mr. Bear wouldn't get in 'em. I only did the fishing because I got suckered into it by the woman near the bait shop - And then I figured I'd try out the rod I got as a reward on Ragnar, and retardedly I think I should have done Ragnar first, because The Admiral was a good fifteen minutes of fighting to land.

...I feel like I've done enough fishing for the rest of my life thanks to FC5.

I didn't get all perks - Once I had the ammo/weapon ones and some of the exploration types I kinda forgot they existed until I remembered the autorepair thing. That made helicopters far more useful.

4. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I got this on the day of release with the 20% discount from Uplay. I've cleared out the three regions and am messing around collecting crap to finish iff the side missions. I'll get back to the story at some point.

I'm really enjoying it but there is one thing that bugs me, the cut scenes - it feels like they go on for 10mins at least - I've tried really hard not to skip them, but on a couple of times I have just got so sick of them I have skipped them. I do agree with some of the the earlier posts in that you don't really need to use many weapons at all. I've basically used the bow / silenced sniper rifle and silenced assault rifle. I like to take things out quietly. When my friend joins in for some co-op he's basically the total opposite and within seconds everything is exploding.

It's disappointing that when playing co-op, if you complete a mission in your friends world you still have to go back and do it again in your own. It's not a major pain as the missions aren't really that difficult, but it's still something i'd rather not have to do.

As for the fishing, I actually enjoy it. It gets a lot easier if you change the default 'fly' and upgrade your rod. I did it a quite often when I first got started in the game - was a very easy way to make some money to pay for ammo / weapon upgrades.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Played this over the weekend. Gotta say, the missions are fun.

6. liratheal

The cutscenes do drag a little, but as a multiple-play veteran of MGS 4, I don't find it that bad. Plus it, usually, gives me more time to rage at Culty-McCultface. I have skipped more than a few of the 'fetch' type quests talking preamble, though. Especially the meat cooker in Whitetail with his forced subtitles.

Yeah, I went from the basic rod (I picked up accidentally..) to the Wonder rod or whatever it is, and well. Wildly easier. Never really had issues with money though, I did run out briefly in Faith's region, but that's because I splurged on Prestige skins..

Nothing a few lootings couldn't resolve, though.

7. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Has anyone got this on PS4? I need to do 3 missions with a friend to unlock the trophy and non of my friends have this :(

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Just killed John and I wish I hadn't. Now when clearing the remaining missions it's a tad boring as there's no random bad guys taking pot shots. I spent a bit too much time trying to rack up perk points early on and ended up accumulating xp prematurely. Now I have shed loads of missions and no one round to shoot.

9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

This is a great tip. Definitely do not kill john until you've cleaned up all the side quests and achievements.

10. The_Crapman

I recon the same could be said for any of the bosses. But annoyed now, but at least in the remaining 2 areas I know to do the main missions before fannying around, before doing odd jobs on the side. I hadn't even been to falls end prior to the John fight and feel like I've missed out as I'm sure that was the mission they showed at e3

11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

You don't really get much of a choice when you engage Faith, if you weren't aware. Once you get the 4th rep point, it kind of happens automatically when you're out and about.

The_Crapman likes this.
  12. liratheal

****ing Faith. God that annoyed woman me ****less.

However, the 'capture squad' mechanic doesn't change. It's the same for Jacob, John, and Faith. Faith is just a little different in how it happens.

Kind of irksome, because I actually fended off one of John's capture squads the first time, but they just don't stop coming until you've been hit with a "bliss bullet". I'd not mind the mechanic if it was at all possible to delay it by fending off the squad and not having another one right around the corner, every single time.

13. The_Crapman

I think they should have had certain criteria that had to be met/main missions completed before any transition into a core plot mission or boss fight. If you're like me and you like wandering around aimlessly blowing crap up, especially intersecting trucks to get your sidekicks kills up to unlock their abilities, then you fill the xp meter pretty darn quick. I feel like I've missed out on some of the game because of this.

14. creative

creative 500rwhp

Just finished this and have mixed feelings about it.

Once I got the 50cal silenced it became a walk in the park. Never ran out of money or ammo.. the boss fights werent particularly hard either.

The couple of things I really enjoyed about this game was always lots to do and the extremely satisfying thunk as the bullet hit its target.

As an experiment I did Faiths region without doing ANY of the storyline missions. Just roamed around finding areas and clearing them, rescuing hostages and still achieved the 4th marker.

An enjoyable game though.