1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics PC won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stepea, 28 Feb 2019.

1. stepea

stepea What's a Dremel?

This is my spec of my new build

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    2 x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000MHz DDR4

I've used an old PSU enermax liberty 620w and just added MSI 56 Vega. It won't boot - is the graphics card too much for the PSU. I have managed to get to the bios screen using an old ATI 4800 Radeon but with the Vega 56 it won't boot and the red led light is lit on the motherboard.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That's a very, very old PSU. I know I can be an advocate for not retiring good PSUs too early but man, that one is super old.

3. stepea

stepea What's a Dremel?

Any suggestions of what to replace it with. I've got power to the graphics card MSI logo goes red just no display. Post light red on the motherboard.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

600w if you're not overclocking the Vega, 650 if you are. That seems to be the vibe on OCUK forums.

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Are you using the GPU cables hardwired to the PSU or the modular cable? It's worth trying different combinations of either when connecting the PSU to the 56 Vega.

6. stepea

stepea What's a Dremel?

I think the only hardwired cables are to the motherboard. The rest are modular - red for the graphics card. Black for drives anything else.

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

That PSU should have captive cables that you can use on the Vega. Worth giving them a go to see if it'll boot.

If not then try a combination of one captive 8 pin and another using the modular 8 pin.