1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Jealous. I've been thinking about going Ryzen as well, but I think I'll have to wait for Zen2 to avoid buyersb remorse.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Pair of new chainring's one was rather worn, other going that way, changed the type to more open than before, bit lighter too

[​IMG]

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

After three, ish, hours the pc is clean.

Edit: um. This is in the wrong thread.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2019
  4. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Titanfall 2 and Doom, now to find time to play either of them.

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I bought these today to replace my dog eaten Sony wired ones.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio...-bluetooth-headphones-black-10155252-pdt.html

Actually got to try several pairs before buying. I know some people's preferred brand is Sennheiser (I normally look at them before anything else) but they were £20 more than I was prepared to run to, yes I could have bought them online but I would need to wait for delivery, I needed them today. First time I've ever gone for something JBL branded I have to say I am very pleased :)

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Decided to pick up a 27" monitor to sit next to the 34" one... not bad for a £209 screen.
    Had to move my PC off my desk to make room for it, but I've gotten rid of most of the appealing visuals inside my case so not too bothered about it being on the floor.

[​IMG]

Just need to pick up an arm to make it sit more uniform with the Dell.
    Next step is to tidy up the cables and then to sort out my audio setup.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I don't personally prefer Sennheiser tbh. I prefer Grado RS2E, Hifiman Planars and Beyer T5P but sadly they are all a little bit out of your budget.

I hear you on the sound, though. I've got two sets of Beats here. I have a set of Studio I use for beat driven music, and a pair of Pro I use on an amp for bass tests etc. They blow your head off :D

You should be OK with JBL. They've got that sort of sound signature to them.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Grado, an acquired taste. Love them personally. Hifiman should be bigger than they are for their sheer quality.

Went out for Greek dinner with the girlfriend and an old friend. Stuffed and happy. Really good food and lots of good laughter.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Oh the Grado are not "fit for all" as it were. They're incredible for classical music, or any music made with real instruments. Give them drum and bass? yeah, not really up to that.... For opera and classical though they are unbeatable. Live acoustic performances are amazing on them too. The Hifiman I have are massive, and take *a lot* of driving. The planars seem to be able to hold very deep bass, without sacrificing the mid range and treble. Not the best pair of headphones I've had, but for certain tasks (heavy drum and bass, heavy rock and punk) they are good fun.

The only set I have that do all of the above? the T5P. They are astoundingly good at pretty much everything.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

11. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be honest it was a bit of a last minute panic purchase. I forgot that the first thing I need to do when I enter the new flat is put up the curtains and build the bed. Then I will use the glue on the drawers etc. Won't glue up the bed in case I ever have to move it.

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I have one of those electric screwdrivers, they are decent bits of kit. One thing I would say is be slightly careful because it doesn't have any sort of clutch or adjustable torque, so once screws get fairly tight it tends to either round off screwheads or the bit jumps off the screw. To be honest I use it for getting screws most of the way in and then finish them off with a good old fashioned manual screwdriver.

Still a good tool and you can buy a variable torque attachment, but it's a shame it doesn't come built in.

13. Vault-Tec

Thanks for the advice. I just need it to put them most of the way in, so it doesn't take me all day to build the bed. I've got a cordless drill with torque, but sod's law my hands are really bad atm. All of the packing and cleaning has knacked my hands. The drill is heavy too.

It's just the bed really. That's my first mission. Then the curtains, but I've got a sleep mask just in case lol. For me? Moving is like a military precise plan. I've literally moved about 200 times in my head already :/

14. liratheal

New pads - The best reviewed replacement pads I can get in Germany - for my AKG's. The factory ones have lasted four years of near daily use, so I can't complain too much.

FF VII for the Switch because who wouldn't?

And I seem to have acquired a desire to buy a WLOD or non-starting PS4 to repair, so I'm bidding on a few of those too. One day I'll get one for the 30€ I'm willing to spend.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Was concerned that my case might not have the ventilation for the new hardware that's going in it, so:

[​IMG]

Noctua NF-S12A PWM
    , which is going to go where a Fractal 120mm fan is at the rear of the case and the Fractal fan will be moved to the front so there are two 120mm intakes instead of one. (I could have just put a new fan in the front but the Fractals are three-pin ones controlled manually using the bundled fan controller, and this will let me have the rear fan under PWM control from the motherboard. Also the front fans on the Define Mini are held in with clips, not screws, which relies on them being a certain thickness - so figured the one already in the back is guaranteed to fit!)

That'll give the thing 2x 120mm manual-control intake fans at the front, a 140mm manual-control outtake fan at the top, and a 120mm motherboard-control fan at the rear. The side panel also has a cover I can remove to expose a 120/140mm vent, but I'm going to try leaving that covered for the moment and see how I get on.

Arboreal, IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  16. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Another member of the Coffee 'n' cream master race!

17. liratheal

Every time I see those fans I can't help but think "blurgh... any other colour would be better".

But then, I like black fans with no fancy schmancy stuff.

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

IIRC, Noctua also do an all-black "industrial" range.

19. liratheal

I did look at those very briefly - the ones I could find in stock at the time really were industrial. In noise and CFM.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Get yersen a case with no windows, and it doesn't matter what colour any of the components are!